those with political knowledge band system ????

bassz21

those with political knowledge band system ????

Post by bassz21 »

ok i am 21 bought my first boat 2 years ago in january not a z21 thats just what i like i bought a 519 anyways how could we get a statewide band system set up for these quaggas and zebras and if you go to a place that has them you dont get a band and have to be re inspected i honestly wouldn"t mind paying a couple hundred bucks a year to support this because these inspections are ridiculous for example, those people at lake del valle have their heads so far up their a$$ about the inspections the water comes from the delta where there are no inspections i just want to be able to go fishing without worrying about drying my boat out for a couple weeks
elfish16

Re: those with political knowledge band system ????

Post by elfish16 »

wont happen dude... hate to say it.
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

The only way there could be a statewide system is if the State would impose it, but that would make them responsible financially if a banded lake got infected, and the State won't take that chance.
The cost to re-mediate the damage to water systems by a mussel infestation, like cleaning clogged pumps and piping, would be potentially in the millions. No elected official would ever risk being the one who caused this financial exposure, and having to face re-election with their opponents running attack ads showing the cost to the State's taxpayers of their actions.
They'd rather talk a good game, but not have to actually do anything.
Sound familiar?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

It will never happen in this State.
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
reddog

Post by reddog »

I have yet to see any of these check points personally but I hear that they are a big problem. My question since you all seem to have knowledge about these mussels is this. Where can I get a hold of some of the folks in charge of these inspections or the Dept. in charge of the control measures? I make/sell a boat cleaning product, (the best one on the market), and due to the nature of our active ingredients I have been wondering what it might do to these mussels if applied in a strong enough dose. The problem has been that I have called the Dept. of Boating and waterways, DFG, Water resources, and nobody returns calls or answers emails. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If possible I would love to do some testing and maybe, just maybe we could alleviate some of these issues if at least only a little.
http://snecare.com/
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

if you are interested in seeing whether you boat cleaning product could be as a sucessful pest irradication tool do a simple Google search. Tons of info out there from various sources at the state, federal, and university level.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
reddog

Post by reddog »

I certainly appreciate the help. I've done some searches on the concept but I really would like to find someone who could do some testing with me so more people than just me get to see the results and possibly get some ideas on if its even feasible before we spend droves of time on it. In the end if the powers that be wont accept it it wont make a difference. I just don't see why we cant put our heads together and come up with a better solution. Thanks again for the help.
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Some of us here were at ground zero ( Casitas) When the quagga hit the fan my friend. We presented science that proved that a product that was currently being sold for livewells did in fact kill quagga's . Had Biologists from other states present the case for us lowly fishermen. You had to be there to watch how blissful the board was with the closure of the lake with their vote.
It never mattered what was said or what evidence was produced by anyone.

Oh and Mark your dead wrong about the Ag. boys. They were hopping mad that the price for water was up every year since the dams inception. Which basically endangers those Ojai Pixies ( tangerine's) you eat around this time of year to being plowed under so you can get your Nafta produce.

You can lead them to water but you cannot make them drink? They reversed on themselves in 90 days ....Money>>>to be sure :wink: ....however since you cannot get an inspection process whereby all the lakes involved agree to the processes, procedures or any type of sane protocol it won't happen. years ago I was approached by an angler who could have gotten me tags cuz like :roll: :lol: ...He was sleeping with the gal who opens up..Serious as a heart attack.....I should have taken him up on it just to flop them down in front of the Rangers faces... :twisted: That's why we wish you luck as it would only benefit us all.
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
reddog

Post by reddog »

I once again appreciate your help and support. It's quite easy to hear and sense the frustration in your words and I truly feel your pain. It's difficult when you KNOW there is an answer out there but no one will listen whether that's due to financial benefits or political gain and in the end we all pay for these actions. (or lack there of).
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

reddog wrote:I once again appreciate your help and support. It's quite easy to hear and sense the frustration in your words and I truly feel your pain. It's difficult when you KNOW there is an answer out there but no one will listen whether that's due to financial benefits or political gain and in the end we all pay for these actions. (or lack there of).
Surprise, surprise, surprise. When money is free speech, people without money, like all us anglers, are left silent.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY