Top Stick Hodges Top 3

DL

Top Stick Hodges Top 3

Post by DL »

Congratulations to Cliff Gregory and Andrew Levy for their win today at Lake Hodges.

Under bluebird skies, little wind, and enormous boat pressure, Cliff and Andrew were able to secure the win with two big fish honors. Cliff's 7.51 and Andy's 2.89 anchored a 17.59 limit and gave them the win. Second place went to the team of Jay Wright and Michael Coss with 13+ and third went to Harry "the hat" Jioras. Harry fished alone and coaxed a 12+ lb limit out of the SD impoundment.

The Top Stick Tour would like to thank each angler that made the drive and continues to support our efforts. We would also like to thank our sponsors:

Angler's Marine
Roboworm
Revenge Baits
Humminbird
Mercury Marine
The Trolling Motor Dr
Peregrine 250
Costa Del Mar
Maxima Line
Dobyns Rods

The next event will be held on April 18, at Pyramid Lake. We are accepting entries now and anyone that wants to fish, needs to have their PAID entry in by April 13 as the pairings will be drawn on the 16th. If anyone needs entry forms, contact me via email or phone 714-264-4796.

Thank you,

Daren
"Feel the steel"
John Barron

Excellent job boys

Post by John Barron »

Great job Cliff & Andy. I'll see both of you at Pyramid.
jb
Skeeter Boats
Cousins Fishing Tackle
Ardent Outdoors
Robo Worms
Revenge Baits
Tackle Warehouse
Trapper Tackle
Drifterz Elite Fishing Apparel
Peregrine 250 Boat Cleanung Products
drew

Re: Top Stick Hodges Top 3

Post by drew »

Thanks Ron, JB.

Hodges was a lot of fun. The day started out good for me because I was paired with Cliff Gregory who I have fished with before and really like. Cliff figured things out early which was a huge benefit because the bite gets a little slow in the afternoon, real slow. I was able to pick up our first fish on a custom spinner that my local team partner Stan Beebe made for me at the last minute. I only had one and lost it on the very next cast. Fishing was slow for the next 1/2 hour and we made a move. I saw that Cliff was sticking with his heavy gear and I did the same which was a very good choice. He was fishing a creature type bait and I did the same with something similar. A few casts after our move Cliff stuck the 7.5#. Within the next hour I was able to get two more and Cliff picked up another solid fish to round out our limit. We were fortunate enough to catch another five fish and cull before the bite fell off. The weather and the lake were incredible. The weather was almost too nice and lacked the necessary wind for a good reaction bite. I had a great time, Cliff is the coolest and I look forward to Pyramid. Andy