Where to stay for the WWT Oroville event?

CATCHEMCARO

Where to stay for the WWT Oroville event?

Post by CATCHEMCARO »

I plan on staying at the Host Hotel for this event, but I was wondering how the boat charging situation will be there. It wasn't all that good if I kept my boat out of the water at BridgeBay for the Shasta event, so I used the slip. The slip ended up being great and I will probably us them again. This is my second event with the boat and I figured I would get the guns loaded before hand. So any advise would be great, otherwise I'll just figure it out as it unfolds like Shasta did.
Thanks
Rich
WWW.SCBBBC.COM
http://catchemcarobaits.com/index.html
kmah

Re: Where to stay for the WWT Oroville event?

Post by kmah »

Host Hotel
Americas Best Value Inn Oroville
580 Dam Blvd
Oroville CA, 95965
(530) 533-7070

I've stayed ther before a long time ago. I liked it because the rooms are exterior and you can back your boat up to some of the doors. You can also park around the center median if you claim your spot and run the cord across the parking lot.

Rooms are ok, but we usually put perceived boat and truck safety over room comfort. Crazy bass anglers. Plenty of gas and food nearby.

Good luck
Ken
scott h

Post by scott h »

The host hotel is the best in Oroville, ken is absolutely correct about being able to back the boat up to your room.they recently installed new outlets under the overhang and eyehooks for cords to be strung over head vs across the sidewalk. I have been staying there every season for quite a few years and never had a issue there, except the showers go from hot to cold pretty quickly then back to scolding quicker than that, other than that the rooms have plenty of room for gear and the parking lot is very wide open and boat friendly. Good luck! I'm hoping to make this tourney myself.
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Rich,

Totally agree with the previous two posts and yes the shower can be iffy if your travel partner is a water HOG!!!!! But at least he smells good!
The prices are very good and the front desk people are helpful and have hot coffee.
Richie Rich

P.S. your boat will be safe for sure.
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix