Tides on the Delta..

TravisH

Tides on the Delta..

Post by TravisH »

Hey there guys, for all of you that don't consider yourself delta rats or even for the guys coming from outta town to fish an upcoming event .. One of the key factors of catching fish on the delta is understanding and knowing what the tides are doing. Anytime Im planning a day out on the water I always plan ahead by looking at my app on my phone that shows me what the tides are doing in specific areas, that way I can plan on what areas I want to start my fishin day off in and where im going to finish my day because I am a believer of what they call running the tides..
Attachments
IMG_2270.PNG
Bassfishman

Re: Tides on the Delta..

Post by Bassfishman »

Yes that is a great app for the cell phone - I use it all the time too. And the info they post about wind conditions is really good too.
gman2

Post by gman2 »

What app is that exactly?
TravisH

Post by TravisH »

This is the Navionics Boating USA App you can find in your App store on your phone or ipad..
Attachments
IMG_2274.PNG
TravisH

Post by TravisH »

As Bassman2 said also, it has some great features such as Wind,Moonphase,Sun rise & set and Tides all wrapped up in 1 app which makes it very convenient Plus all the detailed depth contours and gps navigation all from your phone..
Attachments
IMG_2275.PNG
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

How accurate are the depth contours? What increments?
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
TravisH

Post by TravisH »

Navionics has detailed Sonarchart that is broke down in 1' depth increments and has a water level adjustment setting so you can adjust the contours and mapping with the raising and lowering of the water levels so you can adjust accuracy..
slkric

Post by slkric »

My app only shows the sun and moon feature along with the wind box. No tide info shows up. is there a setting for this?
TravisH

Post by TravisH »

Hey there slkric, how long have you had the App? if its been over a year it sounds like its time to renew and you will have all these options available.. You can check by selecting Menu then Charts&Upgrades.. once you do that at the top of the pop up page it will tell you how many days till your subscription expires.
Bass hack

Post by Bass hack »

Freefall wrote:How accurate are the depth contours? What increments?
I have this app. the charts have incredible detail. The only problem is that the data they used for the app is from 1967 or earlier. It's not always accurate. Teh tide and current information is accurate, however.
Bass hack

Post by Bass hack »

TravisH wrote:Hey there guys, for all of you that don't consider yourself delta rats or even for the guys coming from outta town to fish an upcoming event .. One of the key factors of catching fish on the delta is understanding and knowing what the tides are doing. Anytime Im planning a day out on the water I always plan ahead by looking at my app on my phone that shows me what the tides are doing in specific areas, that way I can plan on what areas I want to start my fishin day off in and where im going to finish my day because I am a believer of what they call running the tides..
So how do you plan? Do you plan on fishing incoming tides? or outgoing. Fishing the highs of fishing the lows? I'm eager to learn what is best, but I am not sure where to begin.
Thanks
Scott
TravisH

Post by TravisH »

Hello there Scott, as far as the mapping goes the Navionics mobile app has SONARCHART available. All you have to do is hit menu an select Download Map an select the region or waterway you are going to fish and this will download Sonarchart which is all the 1' depth contours. In which these Sonarcharts contours get updated frequently like depending on the Waterway atleast once a week when my boat hits the water and also there is a lot of other boats out doing a lot of real time sonar log recording.. As far as fishing tides, Everyone has there own prefferance of what tide they like to fish. The tide dictates the positioning of the fish in an area based on the water movement.So for a base line on High tide they are usually up closer to the bank and low tide they move away from the bank with the falling water, so then you would look for them out in front of the tullies or on the outside edge of the weed line..

Travis Huckaby