Ladder for a Skeeter bass boat?

W.C

Ladder for a Skeeter bass boat?

Post by W.C »

I went out fishing a few days ago in the hottest day of the of the year so it seemed :roll: , I don't ever go into the water for a swim while I'm fishing or for that matter ever but on that day, I just had to jump in to cool off for the first time ever in my Skeeter and let me tell you, it wasn't easy to get back on the boat because of the pointed back of boat. I'm about 260 :shock: but never had any trouble get into my other boats but this Skeeter is difficult. Can anyone tell where I can buy a Ladder that isn't going to cost me over $100 ? I don't plan on using it much at all but just in case of and emergency if I accidentally fall out :lol: the boat in the winter and need to get back in boat quickly. I appreciate any advice
Thank you all who responded.
Morgan

Re: Ladder for a Skeeter bass boat?

Post by Morgan »

I bought this cause I was worried about winter time, with raingear on falling overboard. The first pic is on my boat, stowed, 2nd different stowed view, 3rd is deployed.
http://www.rnrd.com/mpa.main.html#
Unfortunately, they are $220 to $250.
Morgan
Attachments
20140215_121734.jpg
000_0002.JPG
000_0003.JPG
rico

Post by rico »

For under $100 your going to replace a rusted ladder every year. Spend the money and get a stainless one.
milehi

Post by milehi »

had a buddy fall in a few years ago, 42 degree water, scared the hell out of me. bps make a more than adequate one, spring loaded so it stays out of the water, think around 80
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Don't forget you can climb onto your big motor, and use the trim motor to lift you out of the water in an emergency.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
yjjustforme

Post by yjjustforme »

mark poulson wrote:Don't forget you can climb onto your big motor, and use the trim motor to lift you out of the water in an emergency.

THIS!!!
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Thought I posted on this. Any rope left in a compartment you can get to from the water will work
Tie loops about 12" to 18" apart or have one ready. Tie to boat throw over boat to water on other side. climb into boat using loops for foot holds. By throwing over boat you have hand holds past the side of the boat to drag yourself out

Cost very little
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM