Delta threatened by our own politicians

mark poulson

Delta threatened by our own politicians

Post by mark poulson »

The Delta is in serious danger:

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/wat ... 11038.html

Barbara Boxer is against it. She understands the stakes.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Whoopbass

Re: Delta threatened by our own politicians

Post by Whoopbass »

Most of this "plan" pisses me off. When they talk about how water flowing out to sea is wasted and predatory gamefish as a factor in the salmon decline its all hogwash. Our rivers have turned into stagnant creeks because of all the water diverted to these nut farms.
The San Joaquin water district which controls Melone's reservoir is destroying that lake along with the Stanislaus river yet they are the group behind "Save the Stan". They care nothing about that watershed except for how much water they can steal out of it.
Desalination plants???? What a joke. How much is that going to cost to build and what are the monthly water bills homeowners will have to pay for that water? So millionaire farmers get the cheap water that falls out of the sky that is being held in reservoirs that were funded with public tax dollars while working families that live month to month have to buy expensive water from a desal plant.
The electorate in this state is so dumbed down these politicians can do whatever they please.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Whoopbass wrote:Most of this "plan" pisses me off. When they talk about how water flowing out to sea is wasted and predatory gamefish as a factor in the salmon decline its all hogwash. Our rivers have turned into stagnant creeks because of all the water diverted to these nut farms.
The San Joaquin water district which controls Melone's reservoir is destroying that lake along with the Stanislaus river yet they are the group behind "Save the Stan". They care nothing about that watershed except for how much water they can steal out of it.
Desalination plants???? What a joke. How much is that going to cost to build and what are the monthly water bills homeowners will have to pay for that water? So millionaire farmers get the cheap water that falls out of the sky that is being held in reservoirs that were funded with public tax dollars while working families that live month to month have to buy expensive water from a desal plant.
The electorate in this state is so dumbed down these politicians can do whatever they please.
Agreed, although I think that, eventually, all coastal cities will all have desal plants. If the San Joaquin farmers want water, let them build their own desal plants and pump the water over/through the coastal ranges to themselves!
The real problem is when politicians from here side with money, instead of the people, and sell us out.
CLEAN AND DRY
WRB

Post by WRB »

Politicians are the only thing that can threaten the Delta.
When Barbara Boxer is against this bill you know the wheels came off the wagon!
Boxer's compliant is it allows biulding more dams and we need more water storage and desal plants with an ever increasing population.
With a Super majority of liberals running our state hunting and fishing interest are endangered. When you vote these folks into office there are consequences.
Tom
Wrknap

Post by Wrknap »

In all reality we should not make this about Socal vs NorCal. It's California. You mention nut farmers, what about the rice farmers? Tit for tat... this argument could go on forever... one thing is for sure, that alone will get an argument going for end of time. Government envolvement with moving water (tunnels) to the south will only screw things up further.. Mismanagement is their best atribute.
Bottom line is, the existing California water storage cannot support the California population. Not to mention the California population that doesn't pay into the system (okay, I just did...sorry) Desalinization CAN help, yes its expensive, but mark my words. We had better start building now! Reality check, We live in a desert... The population continues to rise... The water storage continues to fall... Get my drift? The cost of water is going to get so high no one will be able to afford to drink it...
I love this state, I love fishing the Delta, I think it's the best fishery in the world...
Desalinization now...
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

If Socal wants to desal their water then fine they can pay for it. I highly doubt it will happen in the Bay Area since Frisco controls Hetch Hetchy. Any water saved by the desal plants will just get used up by farmers. This broke state is going to give the farmers what they want. They will end up depleting the lakes and the underground water aquifer if need be. The only thing that's going to save us is if Mother Nature cooperates because these politicians don't have the brain power to handle California's water problem.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Whoopbass wrote:If Socal wants to desal their water then fine they can pay for it. I highly doubt it will happen in the Bay Area since Frisco controls Hetch Hetchy. Any water saved by the desal plants will just get used up by farmers. This broke state is going to give the farmers what they want. They will end up depleting the lakes and the underground water aquifer if need be. The only thing that's going to save us is if Mother Nature cooperates because these politicians don't have the brain power to handle California's water problem.
I'm afraid you're right.
CLEAN AND DRY
eastbayanglers

Post by eastbayanglers »

i have some older magazines i think called westernangler yrs1967-1989 they read a bunch one common theme is how much they call out california and its governer at the time, the policies he endorsed mainly talking about the Delta but also sadly most of California i will show some of these gets you thinking this started long ago, & the Effects AKA the Aftermath of California & its complete Failure to take care of its Resources
the delta was so diff only 5 10 15 yrs you think on it also Depends on the area of the ca delta you fish
Livermore Tracy Modesto Ect area is what i personally so go Downnnnnnnnnn
WRB

Post by WRB »

All anyone needs to do is study mega droughts history in California, the people arn't the problem.
North vs South sounds like a civil war when it's central Cal that receives most of the Delta water.
You can't keep pumping water out of underground aquifers without any replenishment and expect everything to stay the same. We are all equally guilty as Californians who use and drink fresh water.
We should be more concerned with politicians whom pass bills that deny our ability to fish like H.R. 2898 and S.2533, both will end recreational fresh water sport fishing in the Delta, focus on what you can change!
Tom
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

WRB wrote:All anyone needs to do is study mega droughts history in California, the people arn't the problem.
North vs South sounds like a civil war when it's central Cal that receives most of the Delta water.
You can't keep pumping water out of underground aquifers without any replenishment and expect everything to stay the same. We are all equally guilty as Californians who use and drink fresh water.
We should be more concerned with politicians whom pass bills that deny our ability to fish like H.R. 2898 and S.2533, both will end recreational fresh water sport fishing in the Delta, focus on what you can change!
Tom
I am personally doing my part to save water by drinking more beer. :shock:
CLEAN AND DRY
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Ben520

Post by Ben520 »

:)
Last edited by Ben520 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Ben520 wrote:There is a reason why this state is at the bottom of every poll from education to water rights to insurance for vehicles to gun rights is the uneducated no common sense of its voter's. Starts with it's governor on down ,they are in a money grabbing get what ever they can world,to fill there agenda and pocket books at the expense of hard working conservative California's , that don't live in these metropolitan area's. They control the votes, very SAD
Liberalism is a mental disorder all coming from misguided education
amen :evil:
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

"Liberalism is a mental disorder all coming from misguided education"
Liberalism is an attempt by people who care to deal with the inequities of our current economic system.
Right or wrong, they are trying.
The worst thing people in a democracy can do is nothing.
CLEAN AND DRY
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I think the worst thing in a democracy is for the people to have a closed mind and keep voting the same party in whether it be Democrats or Republicans. California is in a mess but you would never know it thanks to the media. The last 8 years with Obama has been a disaster but if you went strictly by the media you would think we were flourishing. 8 years of the Bush administration was a disaster as well. The country is 20 trillion in debt and if I remember correctly each household in the country would have to give approx $160K just to get us back to even. That ain't gonna happen.

Did you see our Governor on the news the other day? My gawd he is senile and embarrassing but the brightest minds in the world (ask em) stand by him because he has a "D" by his name.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

mark poulson wrote:"Liberalism is a mental disorder all coming from misguided education"
Liberalism is an attempt by people who care to deal with the inequities of our current economic system.
Right or wrong, they are trying.
The worst thing people in a democracy can do is nothing.

That's one of the funniest things I've heard in a longtime!
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Obama just signed the water bill making him officially the worst president ever in history!