Lowrance/navionics mapping of the delta

Spanky211

Lowrance/navionics mapping of the delta

Post by Spanky211 »

A buddy of mine and I were talking the other day, I was telling him how spot on the mapping and contoures of our Lakes /delta are now a days. He asked about the tidal fluctuations on the delta That can range 4-5 feet at some locations+\- tides. WHEN Lowrance/navionics do the mapping of the delta WHEN do they do it? at high tide? Low tide ? Or just map at any time and call it a day? If this is the case does that mean the mapping/contoures are possibly off by 3,4,5 feet' ?

If they mapped on the delta all day started at middle low tide ( mapped for 8 hours, normal work day) and finished there day at the end of the high tide . How/who is doing the math of these contoures to keep them consistent at 1' accuracy at they claim.

Just got me thinking... Not bitchin . Love Lowrance/navionics.
Thanks.

Travis Tate.
Whoopbass

Re: Lowrance/navionics mapping of the delta

Post by Whoopbass »

Not sure but I bet when they input the info into their computer they have a program to adjust the readings as if they were all taken at the exact same time.
TravisH

Post by TravisH »

Hello there guys, I do a lot of the sonar logging for Navionics when it comes to the Delta.. When im out sonar logging (which is recording the depth contours)out on the delta I can record anytime. We have a specific water level elevation we base our recordings off of so when the recordings are uploaded to Navionics they are adjusted accordingly to our water elevation that's set and then processed for Updates.. Same goes for the lakes, maps are based on full water elevation per lake then that way you have a standard reference to base water level adjustments..

Travis Huckaby
ttb31183

Post by ttb31183 »

TravisH wrote:Hello there guys, I do a lot of the sonar logging for Navionics when it comes to the Delta.. When im out sonar logging (which is recording the depth contours)out on the delta I can record anytime. We have a specific water level elevation we base our recordings off of so when the recordings are uploaded to Navionics they are adjusted accordingly to our water elevation that's set and then processed for Updates.. Same goes for the lakes, maps are based on full water elevation per lake then that way you have a standard reference to base water level adjustments..

Travis Huckaby

Yes exactly what Travis said. They are mapped with date, time and tide included and then you can make adjustments to that by adjusting the tides. There are some great videos on YouTube on how to adjust them. Also, keep in mind that your unit must be set on the correct time and date for it to work.
Tyler Brinks
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Does that mean that the depths shown on the Webapp for the Delta are all at zero tide/average sea level?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Spanky211

Post by Spanky211 »

Great info . Thanks for responses all!
Tight lines and merry Christmas ...

Travis Tate
TravisH

Post by TravisH »

Goodmorning Mark, Yes sir..

No Problem Travis Tate, Merry Christmas!

Travis Huckaby
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

TravisH wrote:Goodmorning Mark, Yes sir..

No Problem Travis Tate, Merry Christmas!

Travis Huckaby
Thanks. Makes sense.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY