Guide out of alignment question

benarsenault

Guide out of alignment question

Post by benarsenault »

Hi guys,

I recently bought a Daiwa Tatula drop shot spinning rod (6' 11" ML) from Tackle Warehouse and the guide at the tip of the rod is slightly out of alignment with the other guides. Do you think it's a problem?

Will C

Re: Guide out of alignment question

Post by Will C »

Looks pretty minimal but if you want hold a lit match to the guide and re heat the glue. Adjust as you like . No blow torches or hot lighters of course. LOl
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Contact TW and ask them what to do.
If you bought it new, they'll probably exchange it.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
benarsenault

Post by benarsenault »

Thanks guys! I'll email TW and see what they say. It's weird - I usually buy cheap rods (under $100) and have never had this issue before.
benarsenault

Post by benarsenault »

TW was very cool and they said I could exchange the rod if I want. I actually ordered a second Tatula spinning rod, which delivered yesterday and this one has the same problem, only it's leaning slightly to the right. I think the blanks of both rods are bent a very small amount, and the guides are okay. I read online that most blanks are slightly bent, and rod builders usually try to place the guides on the straightest part of the blank. From what I can gather, a slightly bent blank should have no impact on the mechanics of the rod (although I did read that long distance casting can be very slightly reduced, but accuracy usually is not diminished). Anyway, now I'm thinking I'll just keep both rods and try not to think about how they aren't perfect. I guess $150 isn't that much to spend on a rod, so I can't really be upset about this, right? What do you guys think about slightly bent blanks?