Limit Out Tackle

jsc11700

Limit Out Tackle

Post by jsc11700 »

I heard a nasty rumor that Limit Out Tackle in Clearlake Oaks has closed! Can anyone confirm if this terrible rumor is true or not?
65mph Bayliner

Re: Limit Out Tackle

Post by 65mph Bayliner »

I hope that's not true,

That was my favorite spot to buy fishing supplies. We stop there every time we fish Clear Lake, Bob was an awesome mentor and very friendly. He was always willing to help fishermen and gave me and my friends priceless information on fishing Clear Lake.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Talked to 'em this week about the fishing at the lake. They weren't closed.
jsc11700

Post by jsc11700 »

Ok that's good news. Thanks for the info.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Hours at Bobs have been limited so calling in advance is advised.

For those who didnt know, Bob is battling lung cancer and the store is for sale.

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
kam

Post by kam »

Went in there last week and talked to Bob for a bit.Hes having ups and downs health wise but is in good spirits. He did sell the shop and the new owners are taking over in June. The man has run a heck of a business for a lot of years! Good job Bob!
JD Bassman

Post by JD Bassman »

Limit Out Bait and Tackle is very much alive and well, under new ownership by my brother and sister-in-law Bill and Judy McDaniel. They are a very service-oriented couple after having run another type of business very successfully for many years, and I've never seen a better-stocked shop. I mean you name it, they have it. Plus, you guessed it, Bill is an avid fisherman with decades of knowledge... I won't say how many years Bill:-).
And of course he is constantly updating his first-hand knowledge of this bass-hunter's paradise that is literally just outside his back door in Clear lake Oaks.
They also have some cute cabins for rent on the premises and a little gift shop for souvenirs. If you haven't been there before, there's also a great park across the street, groceries, gas and other services all very close.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Yo JD, I would make this its own post perhaps as an announcement. When I am in the Oaks this is where i stop for my sticker and baits. It was good to hear that Bob and Dorthy were able to sell and hopefully enjoy a nice retirement. I havent been to the new shop yet, but ill check it out the next time up there!
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/