Fly Fishing for Big HUMPBACK Bluegill & Big SLAB Crappie!!!

fishjonesbeach

Fly Fishing for Big HUMPBACK Bluegill & Big SLAB Crappie!!!

Post by fishjonesbeach »

Fly Fishing for Big HUMPBACK Bluegill & Big SLAB Crappie!!! I took a peak at some water today for a future video I would like to do in a month or so. What I was looking for looked great but thats for another day. Unfortunately fishing takes time, patience and some planning but I also had fly fishing for bluegill running like a Charlie Chapman flick through my mind so I cashed in on that. I had a bunch'O plenty of big humpback bluegills on the fly. I used a bigger fly (foam grasshopper) to ward off the little bluegills. The small bluegills kissed the grasshopper fly but saved the hook for the humpback. Later on I took a stab for what ever the heck was willing to grab my black woolly bugger and ran into some willing slab crappie. The bite on the slabs was as fast as an Alaska sunset, don't ask. But it was still as thrilling the same 20 years ago hopefully well get into some 3+ pounders as I did back then. Warmwater fly fishing is just plain fun! I Hope you enjoy spending the day with me and thanks as always for watching and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it.