Ranger 390v question

tbass858

Ranger 390v question

Post by tbass858 »

I've been playing with the idea of eventually going to a new transom and then adding a talon on the old boat. Overall the boat is in amazing shape and the transom is solid as well, I just worry about putting the extra weight back there. Any thoughts,opinions or experience with restoring an old boat? I'm really happy with how it fishes and mainly wondering if it's worth tricking out and keeping versus getting into a early 2000s boat
gabuelhaj

Re: Ranger 390v question

Post by gabuelhaj »

Call or email Ranger Boats and ask about the added weight on the transom. Do you have a jack plate? Maybe look into the ultrex tm depending on the water you fish. I just use fiberglass poles and tie off to them when needed. Nothing fancy and it gets the job done.

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
tbass858

Post by tbass858 »

I do have a manual jack plate and didn't consider the option of the spot lock trolling motors. I'm just wondering how long the transom will last because I do like the boat and would rather put a little money in to make it last another 20 years
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

If the transom is solid then why mess with it? Add your talon(s) and other upgrades and go fishing. If and when a problem arises fix it. If it ain't broke don't mess with it. If one day the boat isn't worth fixin then swap your equipment to another boat.