my kind of gas prices :D
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
biteme

Re: Jerry's Gas Tax !......

Post by biteme »

biteme

Post by biteme »

Oh and with that reg fee increase and .20 a gallon Diesel tax what do you guys think will do to food prices? You're not only payjng for your personal fees.
Funny part will be when all that agree with these new taxes complain about how much food prices are. But I'm sure they will blame business and oil companies.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Oh darn that mean rod manufactures and custom lure manufactures and bass boat manufactures and truck manufactures all have to raise there prices because of Jerry.
It's CA. get over it people if you can't take it move out of state because it's not going to change anytime soon.
Last edited by jiggin4bass on Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
zdbm2004

Post by zdbm2004 »

This should've been posted in the polititical forum. Bunch of long winded complainers.
zmyers
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Complainers on here nooooooooo :lol:
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
biteme

Post by biteme »

I thought maybe people want to know what's going on in the state or what's coming. I've spoke with many people that didnt know about it.
ddd

Post by ddd »

Seems as though there are some knowledgeable people posting on this topic and could possibly provide an answer.

Why aren't any new resevoirs being planned or built in California?
For the price of those tunnels, I would think the state could purchase land and build at least a few more. I don't hear too many "complainers" asking, seems like a question to be asked.
Just curious, just looking for an intelligent answer.
The last 5-6yrs trying to save water, doing a rain dance, teaching my 7yr old daughter to conserve feels like a wasted effort. I'm watching rivers that have been dry this time of year flowing heavily into the ocean.(Monterey bay)
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

ddd wrote:Seems as though there are some knowledgeable people posting on this topic and could possibly provide an answer.

Why aren't any new resevoirs being planned or built in California?
For the price of those tunnels, I would think the state could purchase land and build at least a few more. I don't hear too many "complainers" asking, seems like a question to be asked.
Just curious, just looking for an intelligent answer.
The last 5-6yrs trying to save water, doing a rain dance, teaching my 7yr old daughter to conserve feels like a wasted effort. I'm watching rivers that have been dry this time of year flowing heavily into the ocean.(Monterey bay)
Reservoirs make too much sense, and there probably isn't as much opportunity to skim off the money with them as with the Tunnels.
I'm guessing that the players have already been lined up, and promised payoffs in exchange for political contributions, for the Tunnels, and the High Speed Train.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Shame on California voters for continuing to re-elect such an obvious crook
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

MONEY MONEY MONEY. Water doesn't make money sitting in a reservoir.

The major media controls the propaganda so the people who vote only hear one side and think they're making "informed" decisions... Shame the media, not the people :wink:

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
ddd

Post by ddd »

Makes sense I guess.

Why not desalination?
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

ddd wrote:Makes sense I guess.

Why not desalination?
Desal plants don't make sense right now. Your water bill will be 5X what it is now if that was where your water came from. Look at all that water flowing out to sea, our lakes are full and we don't have any place to store it. The state needs more storage.
We all looked like fools trying to conserve water during the drought we cut back and our water rates went up. Meanwhile California farmers were having record nut crops those years and had no restrictions.
ddd

Post by ddd »

The whole water situation sounds hopeless. But I'll continue to vote, sign petitions, conserve and respect our waters.

I guess all we can do is be grateful for what we have and fish hard.

(Someone needs to get jerry on a 30lb day, he'd probably drop this whole tunnel thing, buy a bass boat and flippn stick)
Good luck out there! Hope you all catch a 10 this weekend!!
ddd
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Whoopbass wrote:
ddd wrote:Makes sense I guess.

Why not desalination?
Desal plants don't make sense right now. Your water bill will be 5X what it is now if that was where your water came from. Look at all that water flowing out to sea, our lakes are full and we don't have any place to store it. The state needs more storage.
We all looked like fools trying to conserve water during the drought we cut back and our water rates went up. Meanwhile California farmers were having record nut crops those years and had no restrictions.
The federal DWF just approved the Tunnel plan. I wonder what Jerry had to promise Trump to get his backing?
CLEAN AND DRY
jcruz

Post by jcruz »

It really amazes my how out of touch folks are when it comes to state budget issues. The gas tax hadn't been raised since 1994 and when it was it was raised by Republican Governor George Dukemejian. 100% of the gas tax a person pays at the pump will go to fix and maintain California state and local roads per article XIX of the California State Constitution. Its guaranteed and ACA 5 which will go before voters in November 2018 will strengthen the "lock box". The state was only able to redirect the State sales tax on gasoline during the recession but that ability was removed recently with the passage of SB 1. The only funding source that can be moved to pay bond debt service on transportation bonds is Truck weight Fees. California had a $5.9B annual funding gap in highway and road maintenance. That problem wasn't going away and was only getting worse. Hey I understand 80% of people in this state want someone else to pay their taxes..but blaming immigrants and social programs on our failing roads and highways really shows the level of ones intellect. The gas tax on average will cost consumers $10 per month and $35 dollars more per year in registration. If you own a $65K-$100K car or truck probably a little more...80% of cars and trucks in the state have a value of $5K or less and will only pay $25 annually. I live and breath infrastructure around the State Capitol and know the issues pretty well. I only hope folks on here would educate themselves on the issues before voicing opinions that can't be backed by facts and in some cases are flat out lies.
Last edited by jcruz on Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

jcruz, you must be affiliated with some political party because everything you've wrote, down to how great CA is sounds like sound bites from all the crap these politicians have been telling us.
ddd

Post by ddd »

I understand that California is the greatest state in the union, it is, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else on earth. And I'm sure that the tunnels will do a lot of great things for many people but what about those little green fish that I love so dearly? I'm not on team jerry, team trump, team democrat, republican, team immigrants, team 1% or team 99%,I'm on team bass fish all day everyday. I wake up thinking about those green fish, I go to sleep thinking about those green fish. I love bass fishing and no facts, numbers, stats will change that, not ever.
Just saying I guess
drew

Post by drew »

This post takes the cake. It is the most ignorant post of the thread and I don't know how to argue with ignorance.
jcruz wrote:It really amazes my how out of touch folks are when it comes to state budget issues. The gas tax hadn't been raised since 1994 and when it was it was raised by Republican Governor George Dukemejian. 100% of the gas tax a person pays at the pump will go to fix and maintain California state and local roads per article XIX of the California State Constitution. Its guaranteed and ACA 5 which will go before voters in November 2018 will strengthen the "lock box". The state was only able to redirect the State sales tax on gasoline during the recession but that ability was removed recently with the passage of SB 1. The only funding source that can be moved to pay bond debt service on transportation bonds is Truck weight Fees. California had a $5.9B annual funding gap in highway and road maintenance. That problem wasn't going away and was only getting worse. Hey I understand 80% of people in this state want someone else to pay their taxes..but blaming immigrants and social programs on our failing roads and highways really shows the level of ones intellect. The gas tax on average will cost consumers $10 per month and $35 dollars more per year in registration. If you own a $65K-$100K car or truck probably a little more...80% of cars and trucks in the state have a value of $5K or less and will only pay $25 annually. I live and breath infrastructure around the State Capitol and know the issues pretty well. I only hope folks on here would educate themselves on the issues before voicing opinions that can't be backed by facts and in some cases are flat out lies.

On the water front..the CA Waterfix (tunnels) are on track to get built with the blessing of the Trump Administration per the recent DFW decision.. and the only impediment at this point is financing and whether or not "South of the Delta" water providers are willing to pay the $16B tab. Two reservoirs are being considered following the passage of the Prop1 (water bond) Sites and Temperance Flat. Sites is on a faster track with the State Water Board and needs at least $1B in Prop1 funding and another$2B in Federal Funding to make it happen.

And one last thing..California is and always will be the greatest state to live in the Union. Just ask a any college kid around the country where they want to work after they finish school and you will be amazed. Florida, Texas, Alabama etc..been there but they ain't NO California!
Levy

Post by Levy »

LOL, i was thinking the same thing. I want the juice jcruz is drinking!!
drew wrote:This post takes the cake. It is the most ignorant post of the thread and I don't know how to argue with ignorance.
jcruz wrote:It really amazes my how out of touch folks are when it comes to state budget issues. The gas tax hadn't been raised since 1994 and when it was it was raised by Republican Governor George Dukemejian. 100% of the gas tax a person pays at the pump will go to fix and maintain California state and local roads per article XIX of the California State Constitution. Its guaranteed and ACA 5 which will go before voters in November 2018 will strengthen the "lock box". The state was only able to redirect the State sales tax on gasoline during the recession but that ability was removed recently with the passage of SB 1. The only funding source that can be moved to pay bond debt service on transportation bonds is Truck weight Fees. California had a $5.9B annual funding gap in highway and road maintenance. That problem wasn't going away and was only getting worse. Hey I understand 80% of people in this state want someone else to pay their taxes..but blaming immigrants and social programs on our failing roads and highways really shows the level of ones intellect. The gas tax on average will cost consumers $10 per month and $35 dollars more per year in registration. If you own a $65K-$100K car or truck probably a little more...80% of cars and trucks in the state have a value of $5K or less and will only pay $25 annually. I live and breath infrastructure around the State Capitol and know the issues pretty well. I only hope folks on here would educate themselves on the issues before voicing opinions that can't be backed by facts and in some cases are flat out lies.

On the water front..the CA Waterfix (tunnels) are on track to get built with the blessing of the Trump Administration per the recent DFW decision.. and the only impediment at this point is financing and whether or not "South of the Delta" water providers are willing to pay the $16B tab. Two reservoirs are being considered following the passage of the Prop1 (water bond) Sites and Temperance Flat. Sites is on a faster track with the State Water Board and needs at least $1B in Prop1 funding and another$2B in Federal Funding to make it happen.

And one last thing..California is and always will be the greatest state to live in the Union. Just ask a any college kid around the country where they want to work after they finish school and you will be amazed. Florida, Texas, Alabama etc..been there but they ain't NO California!
jcruz

Post by jcruz »

Ignorant? Drew and Levy..one sentence comments are ignorant. I am only telling the truth on whats happening.. not just what clowns like you you read in the papers or watch on TV. I don't support the tunnels..hell I was raised and my father still lives less than 100 yards from one of the proposed intakes. But I realize money is driving the decision making and instead of getting ran over those of us REAL Delta residents better negotiate at some point to mitigate the impacts. I just know that 99% of the folks on here and there a few exceptions talk a big game but do nothing besides hide behind a computer and complain. Drew, Levy or Whoopass have you guys ever been to a public hearing on the Delta Tunnels? With all due respect I have never seen one bass fisherman show up to testify in Sacramento to oppose the project? I respect informed opinions and was taught that if you cant propose a solution to a problem you are better off just staying quiet. Whoopass I support building new infrastructure to replace our crumbling roads, vulnerable levees, antiquated bridges and dams etc..that 's not politically motivated simply common sense!
Last edited by jcruz on Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ddd

Post by ddd »

I don't live on the delta, but I love the delta. It has offered me the opportunity to get out of the rat race, forget about money, my stresses and problems. I've worked my youth away chasing money but the couple of weekends a month that I fish the delta I'm not chasing money anymore, I'm chasing fish, laughing, jumping up and down, giving high fives like a kid.
I won't pretend that I could challenge a debate with any of you in California politics, so I ask, what can I do? What can I do to protect what I cherish, to protect one of the few things that I have in this world?
What can I do?
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

If what you say is true, then the gas tax makes sense. My reservation is that Sacramento seems to always find some excuse to divert money. Look how they took away matching money from the schools after the Lottery passed.
I hope you're right, but, given Jerry Brown's record on the Tunnels and the Train, I don't trust him, or the State Government, to be hones with us.
CLEAN AND DRY
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

In Texas lowest gas price $1.96 a gallon and as high as $2.04 gallon they have there $@it together in that state you should see the highways there building the construction that going on it crazy and the fishing good to I'm already retired and my wife been with the state going on 33 year with changes coming to the welfare system in CA she been talking more and more about retiring she at the top level in her department so she thinking about it more now and she 57 she start there when she was 24 33 year coming up in Aug. This job to her has meant something to her Her hole career it not about republican and democrats it about helping people that need help family's care for there children. My wife has been dedicated to her job from time she started to the present day and when she retires she will miss what she has done for are county how many family through the years she help how children she save from bad homes the foster parents that have help with taking these kids that came to bad home this is what my wife and her staff will remember and she does all of this job from power wheelchair because of a server neck injury back in 2007 which she died on the operating table for 4:00 minutes but she was brought back be quick work of the doctors at San Fran medical center and because of this this is why she cared about the family's she help through her career the only thing I've ever ask her about what she dose is how is her days going that my wife and this is what she does And she dam good at what she does.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

[quote="jiggin4bass"]In Texas lowest gas price $1.96 a gallon and as high as $2.04 gallon they have there $@it together in that state you should see the highways there building the construction that going on it crazy and the fishing good to I'm already retired and my wife been with the state going on 33 year with changes coming to the welfare system in CA she been talking more and more about retiring she at the top level in her department so she thinking about it more now and she 57 she start there when she was 24 33 year coming up in Aug. This job to her has meant something to her Her hole career it not about republican and democrats it about helping people that need help family's care for there children. My wife has been dedicated to her job from time she started to the present day and when she retires she will miss what she has done for are county how many family through the years she help how children she save coming from bad homes the foster parents that have help with taking these kids in that came from bad homes this is what my wife and her staff will remember and she does all of this job from power wheelchair because of a server neck injury back in 2007 which she died on the operating table for 4 minutes but she was brought back be quick work of the doctors at San Fran medical center and because of this this is why she cared about the family's she help through her career the only thing I've ever ask her about what she dose is how is her days going that my wife and this is what she does And she dam good at what she does.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

here gas is 2.01 a gal now, so thats a good thing. But what is even better, my house was cheaper, food is cheaper, there are lakes everywhere most launch ramps are small parking lots might have 10 parking places so you don't see as many boats while you fish. dock is 15' out the back door, so as the gas taxes raise your prices on everything , I will fish :D
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM