Heading to clear lake any tips ?

jkjohns331

Heading to clear lake any tips ?

Post by jkjohns331 »

Hey guys I will be heading to clear lake next week for a five day guys trip any help you could give would be much appreciated. We will be launching from Kinocti.
clum553946

Re: Heading to clear lake any tips ?

Post by clum553946 »

Right now they're on a good jig bite & some reaction. If the bite holds you'll be in for a treat! I'll post a report in a day or so as we're going out again
bassman97504

Post by bassman97504 »

I'm heading down there next week as well and haven't fished there much in June. I'll be staying In Soda bay near Kelseyville, and I'm wondering if I should be concentrating on the South end or the North end for this trip? Also, in your opinions, will the extremely hot weather (over 105 degrees) make the bite better down there, or tougher?

Bassman
MT

Post by MT »

I can vaguely recall many long days up there dizzy from the heat but not leaving because they wouldn't stop biting. Start hydrating today if you're going next week.
clum553946

Post by clum553946 »

I like fishing south as it's deeper & has more areas to hide from the wind. I fish evenings & nights to get away from the heat! They were on it this past week! I posted a report.
clum553946

Post by clum553946 »

If you're staying at the old Ferndale Resort, that area is a great place to fish. Right behind the paddlewheel boat & the wall always held fish. It gets pretty weedy there, but Carolina rigged double wides & 10" power worms always did well there! You're really close to Henderson & the corner behind the state park always does well.

bassman97504 wrote:I'm heading down there next week as well and haven't fished there much in June. I'll be staying In Soda bay near Kelseyville, and I'm wondering if I should be concentrating on the South end or the North end for this trip? Also, in your opinions, will the extremely hot weather (over 105 degrees) make the bite better down there, or tougher?

Bassman
Last edited by clum553946 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
clearlakeoutdoors

Post by clearlakeoutdoors »

Frog bite is getting better with the warm up.
Jig bite mid lake south is good.
Crankbaits when its windy.
Still some bed fish but only a few areas clear enough to see them.
Algae bloom is here but fish bite just fine in the green water.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I have no idea if you're a Delta fisherman, but the baits and colors that work on the Delta also work on Clearlake.
jkjohns331

Post by jkjohns331 »

Thanks so much guys I really appreciate it and I will send a update after the trip.
clearlakeoutdoors

Post by clearlakeoutdoors »

Went out sat morning for a few hours , water 72 and midlake water color is good. Still shad everywhere.Got into a good crankbait bite and at one spot caught 12 fish to 7 pounds in 12 casts
Dave