Clearlake this week 6/28

clearlakeoutdoors

Clearlake this week 6/28

Post by clearlakeoutdoors »

I havent been fishing much so havent been doing reports.
I went last Saturday ,water ranged fom 78-82 and got off the water at 10:30 am.
Caught 3 fish on a frog early biggest was a 6+
also caught fish on jigs offshore and we cranked some fish and caught shakeyhead fish also.
Went back out yesterday and caught 2 on a frog and 4 on a buzzbait early.
jig bite was good offshore and caught some more on the shakeyhead.
crankbait bite wasnt as good as its been, no wind
I caught around 20 fish before 10am big fish was a 5
Algae bloom not bad in am but gets worse as it warms.
Lake is still really full and lots of shad and hitch
Dave
MT

Re: Clearlake this week 6/28

Post by MT »

Thanks for the report Dave. Any intel is good for us folks that aren't that close to the lake and need a little help before making the long drive. Hope you can keep them coming. I'm sure lots of people here appreciate it.
medfish

Post by medfish »

I echo both posts Dave is awsome! Worth the extra drive, always one to point you in the right direction.
Lake is fishing really well. Just got back from a 2 day trip. Took a couple of guys, 1 a totally new to bass fishing. Had huge days. Drop shot, shaky head for pure numbers of healthy fish to 3lbs. Out deeper with a jig and yo yo lipless produced bigger bass to 7plus and plenty of them. (The rookie even got really close to a 20 bag each day) Just an amazing 2 days. Was up 2 weeks ago and didn't think it could get any better. Never so happy to be so wrong.
Ranger519v

Post by Ranger519v »

Thanks Dave!

I'll be spending 3 days on Clearlake middle of next week after not having been there in years! Is the North or South end a better choice? My preferred techniques are frog and flipping docks but I can do most anything from drop shot to crankin'. Looking for big fish versus numbers. Are the frog fish on flats or tight cover?

One technique I'm NOT as confident yet is swimbait. I have a nice Loomis swimbait rod if anyone wants to give me some pointers on what and where to throw it. Would love to spend some time on this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ciao!
Bob
===========================================
1997 Ranger 519DVS, 225 Mercury EFI, 12 and 9" HDS Gen 3s, 109 MG Tour, 10' Talons
===========================================
clearlakeoutdoors

Post by clearlakeoutdoors »

Not much of a swimbait bite right now but you might get a few throwing it during low light times
Frog fishing for me has been tule edges as not many mats to fish yet.
I hear there is some small mats up north of rocky point ,i just havent been up there.
Deep cranking is better midlake and south and so is the jig bite for me.
You can catch a ton on a drop shot right now.
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

Thanks for the report. It's great to have regular reports to have an idea of what to expect. I'll be up for the first half of August. Have they started to use the pellets on the grass like they did last year?