C.O.Pro-Teen Event canceled!

Cooch

C.O.Pro-Teen Event canceled!

Post by Cooch »

It's time to jump on the band wagon men! Our 20th COPT is almost upon us, scheduled for Sunday, July 16th at Russo's Marina on the California Delta. We currently have shut down the teen registration and have 73 teens signed up. As of right now, we only have 25 boaters who have registered on the Pro-teen pages for the event. Today we are starting our big push ta get guys who can help us get these kids out on this 20th event by going out to the Boater registration page and get ya signed up. I've had a number of guys tell me they will be there, but haven't signed up yet, we need ya ta do this so as to get a count on our boater field.

Requirements are simple, if ya love ta bass fish, have a boat and are willing to spend a 6 hr day on the water with a teen, you qualify ta be one of our boaters. We'll pay your launch at Russo's, valet launch and park yer rigs and feed you and any family members who show up to the event. Our tri-tip n Brentwood corn BBQ is awesome! And it's all free to you.

Please head out to the registration page here on Westernbass at: http://www.westernbass.com/proteen/register and fill in the reg form. I'll shoot you back an e-mail confirming your registration. I know with the summer vacations, 4th Holiday weekend, other tournaments and ICAST upon us, guys are being pulled in many directions. If you are available that weekend, we would love ta have you join us and help in introducing teens to this great sport!
lcates

Re: C.O.Pro-Teen needs boaters!

Post by lcates »

I love this event I will be their to boat I just wish these real pros could give a little back and come out and support this event fewer of them every year makes it tough for u to get boaters I will spread the word to the few people I know thanks for this great event cooch
Cooch

Re: C.O.Pro-Teen needs boaters!

Post by Cooch »

Thanks Larry! Your support over all these years has been greatly appreciated, you've made many more of these events than most! Unfortunately, with the circumstances at hand, what ever those might be, we've lost more boaters this past week than we've gained and only have 26 boaters registered for the event. I've only got less than two days before I have to make a very tough decision with the event for this year. Getting 40-50 boaters in less than a week seems insurmountable. Unfortunately, a cancellation of next weekends event, seems imminent.
Cooch

Re: C.O.Pro-Teen Event to reschedule!

Post by Cooch »

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we have not been able to secure near enough boaters to hold this year's event on Sunday July 16th. With 75 teens registered and only 24 boaters secured, we've decided to put the event on hold and search for a future date, possibly in October or early November. This will completely depend upon permit availability on the Contra Costa portion of the Delta. At this point, there are no dates available through September, we'll know more next week. I will be in contact with each of the entrants and or parents over the next two days informing them of this situation so they can deal with and get out of any travel accommodations they have made.
Angel

Re: C.O.Pro-Teen Event canceled!

Post by Angel »

That was disappointing to hear. You know I would be there if I could. This was one event I looked forward to participate in every year. But living in Montana now has made that impossible for me. I do keep tabs on the tournament every year and always look forward in seeing the results. I hope it works out this year. I know the kids look forward to this event every year.
Angel
WB Staff

Re: C.O.Pro-Teen Event canceled!

Post by WB Staff »