Replacement treble hooks for topwater baits?..

Freefall

Replacement treble hooks for topwater baits?..

Post by Freefall »

I have a bunch of topwaters in need of hooks but before I spend the money I thought I'd get some feedback.

What replacement hooks do you recommend for topwater walking baits?
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
gabuelhaj

Re: Replacement treble hooks for topwater baits?..

Post by gabuelhaj »

I use a variety depending on conditions but this video has some excellent info to consider:

https://www.tacticalbassin.com/blog/eve ... eble-hooks

They also have a video on how to put the hooks on correctly as well....

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Buy yourself a pair of good quality split ring pliers to make changing hooks easier and my opinion is you gotta spend at least $.50 per treble hook to get anything worth having. I use Gamakatsu round bend #4 treble hooks for most of my crankbaits with and without lips. You probably need to go a little smaller for topwater baits.
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

gabuelhaj wrote:I use a variety depending on conditions but this video has some excellent info to consider:

https://www.tacticalbassin.com/blog/eve ... eble-hooks

They also have a video on how to put the hooks on correctly as well....

Good luck!

100% loved and learned from this video Matt and crew give up great tips as always. For me my favorite is the Red roundbend up front and black nickle to the back.
At times I have put a red round bend with a feather up front and done major damage (shh it's a secret lol) the video explains perfectly why when where the Bass will strike based on their behavior. There's always that time that the opposite or the modified version is the one that works. As always see what the fish mood is and what they want not what you want them to bite on. Good luck and catchemgood !!