Optimax compressors

drew

Optimax compressors

Post by drew »

How many have had the compressor replaced on their Optimax? It appears this common.
tunaman

Re: Optimax compressors

Post by tunaman »

That was the info I got when mine went out several years ago now.
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Big Stick 74

Post by Big Stick 74 »

Mine hasn't gone out yet on my 2001 Opti and I have my fingers crossed that it doesn't. If it does you're looking at a hefty repair bill as you have to have your fuel injection system taken off and cleaned.
ppickerell

Post by ppickerell »

Boatmasters replaced mine after it blew along with cleaning all of the fragments out of the fuel rails.
02 Champion 206 DC Elite
Bobber Lobber
Louie

Post by Louie »

Mine went out early this year on my 175 optimax with around 230 hrs on it. Got it replaced and back on the water. I know people with a lot more hrs than that and no issues so who knows. The compressor is not cheap I know that now.
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

I think somewhere around 2010 & earlier motors" had the old style compressors ? later models had new style ? I had owned 3 pro XS motor since then " with no compressor issues ! the problem with Mercury! is they had a huge inventory of old style ! they would replace a faulty compressor with a old style !... makes no sense ? but that what they did !Merc dealer told me that !.....
drew

Post by drew »

Mine was on its way out so I replaced it before catastrophic failure. Now I just need to get my injectors cleaned.

I have only found a few through converstion that have not been replaced. It could be over 90% have on the pre 2012 proxs's.

Change those filters once a year and if you have a later OB make sure you find out if the current recall for new compressor reeds includes your compressor.