Chico State 3rd Place BASS College National Championship

Chad Sweitzer

Chico State 3rd Place BASS College National Championship

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been doing any updates on here but I've fished 8 hours a day for the last 6 days fishing the BASS College National Championship out here in Bemidji, MN. My co-angler Tyler Firebaugh and I finished in 3rd place out of 90 of the best college teams in the nation! We caught 14-7, 11-4 and 15-3 pounds for the 3 day event, next up is the BASS bracket tournament! We are 2 of 8 guys that still have a shot at fishing the Bassmaster Classic.
Attachments
3rd trophies.jpg
2 4s day 2.jpg
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
Rod Martin

Re: Chico State 3rd Place BASS College National Championship

Post by Rod Martin »

Good to hear an update. You guys did a great job. Keep it up. My friends and I are routing for you

Holiday,Fl. is for Chico State. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Driving 1800+ miles, solving a new lake, and beating so many other talented teams!
Congrats. Chad and Tyler!!!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Javelin Jim

Post by Javelin Jim »

Congrats Chico State! Good luck in your next event. Go get them Chad!
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

The Bryan College duo of Jacob Foutz and Jake Lee led the 2017 Carhartt Bassmaster College Series National Championship presented by Bass Pro Shops on Lake Bemidji wire-to-wire to take the title with a three-day total of 49 pounds, 15 ounces.

A big storyline of the week was the fishing pressure that Stump Lake was receiving from over 75 percent of the field. Most wondered if it would hold up over three days of competition, but Lee and Foutz didn't test it, sticking to their game plan in Lake Irving just south of Lake Bemidji.

The Bryan College teammates had a two-prong approach to catch their winning weight as they threw a frog early in the morning and flipped a Texas rig for the remainder of the day. It didn't seem to matter what type of cover they fished, but rather the bait they were flipping. They used a 4 1/2-inch black and blue Strike King Flipping Tube with a 3/8-ounce tungsten weight and a 5/0 Trokar hook.

MOre info: http://www.westernbass.com/article/bass ... an-college