Chatterbaits - Delta

Joeshmo

Chatterbaits - Delta

Post by Joeshmo »

Happy Labor Day all! Please help. I want to start throwing chatterbaits on the delta but am unsure of colors, presentations and techniques. Recently moved to California and have been fishing the delta. I'm lost with how to fish the chatterbait... Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Moleman

Re: Chatterbaits - Delta

Post by Moleman »

90% of my chatter bait fishing is done with a green pumpkin/bluegill pattern with a 4.8 keitech on the end. Ik people throw other baits, but this set up has done the best for me. As for location, my favorite place to throw it is in the grass. Its easily the most weedless grass reaction bait available, and once the wind starts blowing in the spring its the only bait ill throw. It pulls big bites, and unlike a crank bait you get em on a jig hook
Last edited by Moleman on Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle46N

Post by Kyle46N »

I'll second the above in that I've had the most success (relative....not great success) on a green pumpkin body/black blade/swimbait with a chartreuse tail. When I see bluegill on the delta....all I see are little glowing tails. With that said....my son and I were taking a break the other day, parked in the vegetation when another boat showed up to work the opposite shoreline, flipping a white chatterbait right up against the tulles. Saw him put 4 fish in the boat up to 3 lbs, then took off. Needless to say I have a white chatterbait tied on for tomorrow.....lol.
Burke

Post by Burke »

I mainly fish a white or chartreuse/white skirt chatterbait with a keitech shad color trailer. I use the Nutech crazy jig because they are basically weedless. I've thrown them into downed lumber and have never had them snag. I vary my speed when I fish them.