Fishing Oroville Lake 10/25/2017

Tom Gronwall

Fishing Oroville Lake 10/25/2017

Post by Tom Gronwall »

Think I need to adjust my wake up times for the long drive to Bidwell, seems I'l arriving way to early, so used to the 22 minute drive to Lime Saddle. Got launched at 6:35 am, stopped fishing right at 10:30 am. The early morning launch wind was not nearly as bad today for some reason. Picked up my first fish right at 7 am today and seemed like fish were in the mood from the very beginning. Bummer, no larger fish today, think maybe I already caught the better ones, as I fished the exact same location now 3 weeks in a row. Most all 32 fish were the basic 13-13 1/2" size, which included another 2 LM, 3-4 were the dink size of 10-12". Once the breeze died down, nearly like glass in the steep rocky area at the south side at potters ravine cove. One small section gave up 11 fish by holding the boat in the same basic location, most other location gave up 2-3, or 3-4 fish once I found them. Remember, spots love to school up sometimes, catch a fish, stick on that location a while and catch her buddy fish too. Takes me all morning to work this section of the lake, guessing 100 yards of shoreline, maybe a tad less. Fish seemed deeper today, most taken in 30 to 40 feet of water. Picture were the typical size, including 1 LM, all cookie cutters.
GOPR0284.JPG
Attachments
GOPR0287.JPG
GOPR0286.JPG
Jersey47

Re: Fishing Oroville Lake 10/25/2017

Post by Jersey47 »

Hello Tom. Thanks for posting your updates. I have been following them on WB for around a year now. They have helped to put me on some fish out at Oroville. In fact my son and I fished this same spot last Saturday and caught 10 there. They were pretty deep as you said.
Tom Gronwall

Re: Fishing Oroville Lake 10/25/2017

Post by Tom Gronwall »

Glad it helped you. Remember, this time of year, early and late fall, they tend to be deeper, not all, but most depending on what they are holding on. Tight lines!