Cul M Rite scale???

ketchenbass321

Cul M Rite scale???

Post by ketchenbass321 »

Cul M Rite scale finally died. Need battery replaced I guess. Where do I send it? Trying to look for website to company, but cannot find.

Any of you guys tried replacing the battery yourself? Curious

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reel Guy

Re: Cul M Rite scale???

Post by Reel Guy »

Contact Southwestern Parts & Service 214 630 8161. They do the repairs and change out the battery. They will take care of you.
JLS (Jay Liu's Service)

Post by JLS (Jay Liu's Service) »

ketchenbass321 wrote:Cul M Rite scale finally died. Need battery replaced I guess. Where do I send it? Trying to look for website to company, but cannot find.

Any of you guys tried replacing the battery yourself? Curious

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
You can change it yourself :D :D you need a soldier iron (9 volt battery), it's easy but replace with a lithium batterry if you live close to Redding CA I can do if for you

Jay
ketchenbass321

Post by ketchenbass321 »

Just looked at the reviews under Tacklewarehouse. Seems someone decided to change the battery by himself so that gave me the idea. Says, if you open it you'll void the warranty, but it's been a long time since I purchased it form eBay (used). Looks like the guy changed it himself too and didn't tell me about it. I did open it up. The negative wire broke off so I'll need to solder that back together. I have a solder kit, but no idea how to solder anything. LOL

This scale has a thick gel coat. Is that normal?

Thanks for all the help. I'm in Stockton, so Redding is a bit.

BTW, it was roughly $30-40 to send it back to fix when I called. Labor, battery and shipping.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

SEND IT IN to get it serviced/repaired and change the battery !! It has to be done a certain way or it's toast ! They will also calibrate it.
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
JLS (Jay Liu's Service)

Post by JLS (Jay Liu's Service) »

ketchenbass321 wrote:Just looked at the reviews under Tacklewarehouse. Seems someone decided to change the battery by himself so that gave me the idea. Says, if you open it you'll void the warranty, but it's been a long time since I purchased it form eBay (used). Looks like the guy changed it himself too and didn't tell me about it. I did open it up. The negative wire broke off so I'll need to solder that back together. I have a solder kit, but no idea how to solder anything. LOL

This scale has a thick gel coat. Is that normal?

Thanks for all the help. I'm in Stockton, so Redding is a bit.

BTW, it was roughly $30-40 to send it back to fix when I called. Labor, battery and shipping.
If your scale is weighing correct, then change the battery because if they change the battery, they just put a standard 9 volt battery, I put a Lithium battery and it's still working after 10 years.
ketchenbass321

Post by ketchenbass321 »

Soldered new wires and put a Lithium battery in like you said. Works!!! Saved myself $40-50 sending it in. Difference compared to a calibrated scale is so small.
Bug

Post by Bug »

Do you still have cull em rite scales?Would like to buy them.
Thanks in advance
Bug