Clear Lake Chamber Tournament

Chad LeBlanc

Clear Lake Chamber Tournament

Post by Chad LeBlanc »

Can we sign up the morning of? Anybody going to be up there Thursday or Friday? Gonna be a wet one. Thanks fellas

Chad LeBlanc
JakeV77

Re: Clear Lake Chamber Tournament

Post by JakeV77 »

Yep, going to be a wet one. Looks like the entry’s have to be in by 4:30 on Friday, no morning sign ups.

https://www.lakecochamber.com/chamber/c ... ournament/
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

29104372_10160292044415271_2309413552965812224_n.jpg
Chad LeBlanc

Post by Chad LeBlanc »

Thanks Fellas,

I got a hold of them today. Looks like you can call and give Card info over the phone, or email. Just a heads up. See you guys out there

Chad
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

This is one ya don’t wanna miss !.... recents reports say’ the bite is good ! 20-30 fish days !.... the funky weather hasn’t slowed it down at all !.....
RJB

Post by RJB »

I haven’t fished clear lake in years. They catching fish on swimbaits left and right like in the past? What’s the hot bait these days?
clearlakeoutdoors

Post by clearlakeoutdoors »

The turn out is great with 115 boats for the 2018 Chamber of Commerce Tournament! Keeping in mind that the BBT is going on at Lake Berryessa today as well. Few big fish being caught this week including and 11.8 from a local guide.
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

I heard 32#s is leading !.... any results posted anywhere?......
Charles

Post by Charles »

:D
Attachments
318B5F96-8F7E-4865-AF58-4AB54C5C521A.jpeg
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Looks like a tough day on Clear Lake, only one bag over 19 lbs.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Get used to it being tough....this lake has been hurt bad and these results are pretty representative of the bite most days. Tons of 2 lbers but the big fish just aren't here anymore, and we've heard the spraying will continue again soon. Pretty sad.....
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

DanIsaac wrote:Get used to it being tough....this lake has been hurt bad and these results are pretty representative of the bite most days. Tons of 2 lbers but the big fish just aren't here anymore, and we've heard the spraying will continue again soon. Pretty sad.....
That’s just not true. Lost quite a few but there is plenty of big fish to be caught. The weather pattern is the only thing that has it fishing tough. The big fish just aren’t ready yet with how cold it has been. There was a two week warming trend right before the tournament for leukemia support. Look at those tournament results.

Ever since then it has been cold front after cold front. Multiple 30 plus bags will be caught come flw time.
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

We can tell everyone it sucks though that way no one wants to go fish there.
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

don’t forget the WON Bass ! with the low water “ they will be pick’n 10#s off the beds “big time” !....
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Last edited by DanIsaac on Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Yeah, I'm lying....I don't think so....trust me I wish it wasn't so... and I doubt the water will clear enough to sight fish this year, but I guess we'll see.

Bsapp

Post by Bsapp »

Who won?
john zillig

Post by john zillig »

I think Dan is right. If you spent anytime on the lake last summer, you would know better. So many dead bass from 5 to 10 lbs, it made you sick. Great fisherman like Wayne and Paul only get 13-15 lbs tells you all you need to know. It is no longer the great fishery it was 2 yrs. ago. If they spray this yr. like last yr. it will be a lone time before its great again.
StogieMan

Post by StogieMan »

There were reported to be 115 or so participants in this event, other than the 40 or so pictured in the attachment, is there a place where the entire results are posted?
Scott L

Post by Scott L »

It was sad to see the dead fish last summer. I know we attribute this to the continued spraying, but I think the water running into the lake is problematic. Actually posted an article last fall detailing this problem on a national scale. The agricultural chemicals are changing the quality of the water.

Per the article, farmers are encouraged to mediate the runoff but there is no teeth in the law.
Chad LeBlanc

Post by Chad LeBlanc »

As far as the lake. As Dan Issac, I spend a lot of time on this body of water. There is no question in my mind that we will see lower than normal weights for clear lake in the upcoming years if they continue to mismanage this lake. (unfortunately I think they have already done major damage)

One of the problems in my opinion is we hold Clear Lake to such a high standard, that we find ways to complain about "weights" or "quality" bags. We are so accustomed to seeing 25-30 lb stringers, when we get 15-20lb stringers we are automatically disappointed. There arent too many lakes in this country that get "disappointed" or find things to blame for 15-20lb bags. With that being said there are fish still to be had. I and I know many others this year have had some pretty epic days (last months heat wave). The lake is just a different monster now. For many reasons.

One major factor nobody is mentioning; PRESSURE! 117 boats for 3 days, ON ONE HALF OF THE LAKE. UP NORTH. That accounts for the lower bags as well. I fished this weekend, **** the bed on day 2, and scratched my head the whole way home last night. I wont give up on that pond, and we as fisherman need to stick together to make sure we can right the ship.

Chad LeBlanc
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

still can’t find results posted anywhere?....
Charles

Post by Charles »

I saw some results and payout posted on Facebook post from the COC today but didn't see if the full field results were listed. Try checking their FB page.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Chad LeBlanc wrote:As far as the lake. As Dan Issac, I spend a lot of time on this body of water. There is no question in my mind that we will see lower than normal weights for clear lake in the upcoming years if they continue to mismanage this lake. (unfortunately I think they have already done major damage)

One of the problems in my opinion is we hold Clear Lake to such a high standard, that we find ways to complain about "weights" or "quality" bags. We are so accustomed to seeing 25-30 lb stringers, when we get 15-20lb stringers we are automatically disappointed. There arent too many lakes in this country that get "disappointed" or find things to blame for 15-20lb bags. With that being said there are fish still to be had. I and I know many others this year have had some pretty epic days (last months heat wave). The lake is just a different monster now. For many reasons.

One major factor nobody is mentioning; PRESSURE! 117 boats for 3 days, ON ONE HALF OF THE LAKE. UP NORTH. That accounts for the lower bags as well. I fished this weekend, **** the bed on day 2, and scratched my head the whole way home last night. I wont give up on that pond, and we as fisherman need to stick together to make sure we can right the ship.

Chad LeBlanc
Couldnt agree more. The lake fishing as small as it is also contributes as does the run off of fertilizer laced waters.

Unfortunately too many are willing to dismiss all this for one reason or another and the County just keeps right on doing what they do.

Most local businesses have been severely effected, including guides, and I get why most don't want some of us to say too much. "People will stop coming", I get that, but until all effected parties stand up and say "NO MORE"
The County will keep right on doing what they want, how the want, and when they want.

Personally, I'm not sure what the answer is, but
a mass visit to a Board meeting might be a good start, especially if everyone participated.

All effected businesses would be a good start, especially if TDs backed them and threatened
to cease coming to Lake County until the Board began making some better decisions.

I don't know, perhaps I'm wrong, but to keep saying its not that bad just doesn't seem like any kind of solution to me? It's not normal and it is not good. Period!

In closing, with respect to spraying, at this point the only thing I'm certain of is that if something doesn't change it won't matter come this time next year.....thank goodness for the crappie bite or we may have already lost a shop or two........

clearlakeoutdoors

Post by clearlakeoutdoors »

Top 10 results for Chamber Tournament 2 Days
place total weigh big fish
1st 53.31 10.24
2nd 39.04 6.12
3rd 38.77
4th 34.34 6.04
5th 33.45 5.02
6th 32.53
7th 32.36
8th 32.03 4.63
9th 31.70 5.40
10th 30.46

Another thing to think about was the fog delay on day 2 did not launch till 9-930am.
I know these aren't normal weighs for Clearlake. The weather hasn't been normal this month cold nights aren't helping the bigger bass stay active as normal. We will find out if these weighs are the future of Clearlake after the WON BASS tournament in early-mid April. The water temp was 49-55 degrees yesterday and the water clarity was about 2-3ft all depending which part of the lake you were in.
Chad LeBlanc

Post by Chad LeBlanc »

Hey Dan,

I am ready and willing to show up to any board meetings. You can call or text me anytime 530-701-8808 if you hear or know any in the near future. I love this lake too much to watch its demise.

I do see a solid week of 70+ degree temps next week and I plan on a little redemption. See what happens

Chad LeBlanc
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Chad LeBlanc wrote:Hey Dan,

I am ready and willing to show up to any board meetings. You can call or text me anytime 530-701-8808 if you hear or know any in the near future. I love this lake too much to watch its demise.

I do see a solid week of 70+ degree temps next week and I plan on a little redemption. See what happens

Chad LeBlanc
I hear ya but I doubt anyone will step forward...
I'm always available as well with a lil notice...