Lake Havasu Smallmouth

Coldbasser

Lake Havasu Smallmouth

Post by Coldbasser »

:D Hi I'm going to spend some time in lake havasu this winter and I am not a tournament guy.
Looking for a little help in fishing Smallmouths in Havasu? Not looking for fishing spots just some basic information in regards to depths and type of baits to chase them with. I have both spinning & bait cast set ups. I will be there in the winter months.
Cheers &
Thanks in advance
Chad Sweitzer

Re: Lake Havasu Smallmouth

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

Love that lake in the winter. . . no boats and big smallies. I like deep cranking the fish boxes in 20-23 feet, bring a plug knocker, you'll need it! Replace your hooks too, the smallies are wild! Last January I had 17 lbs of smallmouth all on deep cranks, the brighter the color the better.
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
Coldbasser

Post by Coldbasser »

:D thanks for the tip & I have a pretty good hound doggy to retrieve snagged crank baits.
Rick
Tony Lain

Post by Tony Lain »

Zup!? I moved to Lake Havasu City last October and fished my first Winter Season last year. I figured a few things out and produced a few GoPro videos that I posted on my You Tube page "Tony Lain". Once you get settled in town, and have any questions, look me up! Here is an example of a video:

RANGER Boats - MERCURY Marine
Coldbasser

Post by Coldbasser »

thanks Tony
Enjoyed watching your Vidio real Kool
I will look you up when I'm down south
:) cheers a few beers will be in order
Jonwalter

Post by Jonwalter »

Tony Lain wrote:Zup!? I moved to Lake Havasu City last October and fished my first Winter Season last year. I figured a few things out and produced a few GoPro videos that I posted on my You Tube page "Tony Lain". Once you get settled in town, and have any questions, look me up! Here is an example of a video:

Tony,I subscribe to your channel, watched all the videos. Just great.
have a technical question about your camera.Can you tell me please what kind of model of camera GoPro do you use?
Thanks! :D
Last edited by Jonwalter on Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tony Lain

Post by Tony Lain »

I still have the older 1st Gen 4K, GoPro HERO 4. If you can, buy the newest HERO 5. It has voice command feature, which is way easier to operate while fishing. Good luck and thanks!
RANGER Boats - MERCURY Marine