Geez, I love my new boat !!! :-)

Fish Chris

Geez, I love my new boat !!! :-)

Post by Fish Chris »

I don't remember posting about it on this forum, but ya' know what ? Even if I did ! ;-)

I know you guys are used to seeing a lot of 30K to 50K high performance bass boats, so this might strike you funny..... But I'm being totally serious here !

I have had my G3 V143T, with my Yamaha 25hp, four stroker, with electric start, and power trim, for about 6 months now... just long enough to really get that total natural (second nature... whatever you want to call it) feel for it.
This thing feels smokin' fast too. Haven't clocked it yet, but considering my old boat did 18 mph (on a good day) my new boat has to be hitting 30 plus (fast enough to get me anywhere I will ever fish).

I put the full front deck in myself, plus carpeted the whole thing. I was really happy with how that came out. And the bow mount 55lb T-motor flat pulls the heck out of it too.

But anyway, every day when I walk out of the house, whether on my way to work, or on my way to the water, I look at my new boat and think, "Geeez ! What a sweeet freakin' boat" ! :-) Honestly buddies, it's like I sat down and designed it myself ! Just totally, my dream boat all the way around !

Peace,
Fish

PS, Oh, I have two pedastal seats for it, one for the rear (steering) and one for the front fishing deck, but just for extra space, I only bring one. When I get to my spot, I stand up, and pick up my seat, and stick it in the front deck, all in one, two second motion.

And I LOVE that is has no big, bulky steering console to get in the way of my fish fighting space either. Can't wait to fight some big Sturgies all the way around it about nine times in an hour :-)

Oh..... and it has a HUGE storage space under the front deck.

Anything else ? Oh yea'...... did I mention that I love this freaking thing ? .....and that I talk to it daily ? :-)
G3 Boats
a Yamaha Boat Company

Okuma fishing tackle

TUF-Line by Western Filament

www.TrophyBassOnly.com
....or from here, find links to
Trophy Sportfish .com
and Fish Chris Photo .com
mark poulson

Re: Geez, I love my new boat !!! :-)

Post by mark poulson »

Your boat looks great! You did a really nice job with the front deck.
Sounds like you are set.
Use it in good health.
Mark
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Man thats a nice boat. As I get older I like to plan ahead [15 to 20 years] except for the tiller steering that is my retirement boat. you fixed it up very nice Chris
FISHorDIE

Post by FISHorDIE »

Hey nice boat chris! With all of those pictures of huge bass you have taken, theres no doubt you know exactly what type of boat is needed!

Hey chris.. do you use any Sonar unit?
Fish Chris

Thank you guys...

Post by Fish Chris »

Hey Fish or Die, yes... I use one of those totally portable Fishing Buddies, and I can't say enough good things about it ! Might even by another one, before this one fails, as I wouldn't want to be without one !

Hey Rod, about that tiller steer, mine is really long, with all of the motor controls built right on it. At first I thought it might be "too long" and get in my way, but in reality, it just gives you more steering leverage, and puts my fat butt in a more central position in the boat, for a better ride, and quicker planing.... Then when I get to my spot, I swing it all the way to the left or right, and I have nothing but wide open space.
Of course admittedly, I was already use to a tiller, and you are probably use to steering.....
But anyway, after my intial concerns, I have ended up loving this tiller too.

Peace,
Fish
G3 Boats
a Yamaha Boat Company

Okuma fishing tackle

www.TrophyBassOnly.com
Trophy Sportfish .com
crawdaddy

Post by crawdaddy »

Fish,
Lots to like about that boat especially that trolling motor. I didn't take you for a spinning rod man :wink:
I would rather jog home from my own Vasectomy than spend Saturday at the mall.
Fish Chris

Post by Fish Chris »

Thank you Crawdaddy, and BTW, it's not that I think spinning rods are superior to baitcasters, its just that I flat out suck with a baitcaster...... It's a long story, but no amount of practice could make me even half way decent with one either. Heck, close to 40 years of practice with spinning rods has only made me "decent" on a good day :-)

Just goes to show, you don't even have to be a good caster, to stick a big one every now and again :-)

Peace,
Fish
G3 Boats
a Yamaha Boat Company

Okuma fishing tackle

www.TrophyBassOnly.com
Trophy Sportfish .com
RogerB

Post by RogerB »

And you oughta love it, Chris! THAT is a trophy hunter's boat!

You really put some thought and experience into the design and layout of that jewel. It must be a sheer pleasure to fish out of.

Only thing I don't see is your rig for taking pictures of yourself with your big'uns. I'm sure you have it integrated in the layout.

May your new craft put you on the WRB soonest!

...RogerB
Pil9rotten

Post by Pil9rotten »

Chris, Being a fellow tin boat sailor I can totally appreciate your rig. 30 mph is almost "Tracker Pad" we should race sometime and throw in some obsticles like sand bars, roots sticking out of narrow channels and maybe some shallow gravel beds. Stuff the glass boats are afraid to venture into...LOL

Love being a tank driver!!

Kenji
Fish Chris

Hey Roger and Kenji....

Post by Fish Chris »

well, I have just been using a tri-pod for the camera, stashed in my side storage. It's just a little trickier to line up for a centered shot, (I can always center the shots later on the PC) than my old "integrated" setup, in my 12 ft'er...... But on the other hand, I can set it further up on the front of my upper deck, and this allows the distance for bigger fish like Sturgies, and 40 plus Stripers (coming soon :-))

Yes Kenji, I purposely ran it up onto an offshore hump today in the Delta...... easier than anchoring :-) ..... while I caught a few Split Tails for Striper bait. No big ones for me today, but my buddy got a healthy little 10 lb'er.

BTW, today I probably went about the farthest I have yet in my new boat. I'm figuring it was a 30 mile round trip.... and that took about 2 gallons :-)

Peace,
Fish
G3 Boats
a Yamaha Boat Company

Okuma fishing tackle

www.TrophyBassOnly.com
Trophy Sportfish .com
swordfish

Post by swordfish »

[quote="Pil9rotten"]Chris, Being a fellow tin boat sailor

I know what yer sayin but sail boaters use 3 hp motors and are not power boaters.....sailors are blow boaters thats another breed .nuff said... Unless you are in the navy.......
the best way to catch a big one is don't lose um sharp hooks set drag retie!