People Enjoying Tasty Animals up to no good...

gt5bass

People Enjoying Tasty Animals up to no good...

Post by gt5bass »

Check out the google ad on the bottom left of this fishing article I was reading on bassfanarmy.com:
Issue Update
Will New Regulations
End Wisconsin Events?

Looks like the People Enjoying Tasty Animals are buying up fishing ads on Google now :evil:

Looks like Wisconsin is also becoming even more bass tournament unfriendly too :x
Last edited by gt5bass on Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i][color=green]It is what it is[/color] :|[/i]
bassdude28

Re: People Enjoying Tasty Animals up to no good...

Post by bassdude28 »

If stuff like this keeps happening we might have to start having hippie hunt. But I guess that wouldn't be too hard...just look for the clouds of smoke and the stench of BO.
Ron C

Hey PETA...

Post by Ron C »

...There is a place for all of God's little creatures...... RIGHT NEXT TO THE MASHED POTATOES!
just look for the clouds of smoke and the stench of BO.
"I don't care who you are, that's funny right there."
Pil9rotten

I LOVE ANIMALS!!!!

Post by Pil9rotten »

They taste GREAT!

Ted Nugent's recipe is the best.

Fire and dead stuff.
Pil9rotten

Boycott these companies who support PeTA

Post by Pil9rotten »

Here is a link from the peta site that lists companies who support peta.
http://www.petabusinessfriends.com/

Not that any of us would use :
VEGETARIAN dog food :?
Organic tofu :shock:
Vegan skin care products :oops:
VEGETARIAN shoes :? (Didn't know shoes ate)
Herbivore Magazine :roll:
Gay Financial Network :?

Being a former vegetarian radical animal activist (I had a very confused 20's) I have to tell you that these people will stop at nothing to inhibit our GOD given right to enjoy the outdoors. Most of the "Leaders" are A.L.F. members not to mention any names but you know who she is and if you do some light research it will reveal her identity.

Their philosophy is similar to that of communist China (like that's a surprise). They may not win today, tomorrow, next week, next year or even in 20 years but eventually they will erode our rights a piece at a time until we are are all eating whole wheat fruit muffins with a glass of wheatgrass juice and wearing hemp clothes.

mark poulson

Re: Boycott these companies who support PeTA

Post by mark poulson »

Bassbones,
It's kind of screwed, but, in real life, we all have to make choices sometimes that we're forced into. The lesser of two evils.
Like that movie, Sophie's Choice.
I buy rods that are made in China, even though I don't agree with how the govt. treats it's own people. I'm very short sighted when it comes to fishing.
I buy gas from Arab oil, even though it kills me if I think about it.
Not because I hate Arab people.
But because of the short sighted, greedy oil companies who have conspired to keep us oil dependent, and that means Arab oil dependent.
So don't beat yourself up because you have to make tough choices. If it were up to you, you wouldn't be in this fix.
But you are, so make whatever choices you need to to survive.
After all, how else are going to make it to 2K posts? :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Pil9rotten

Re: Boycott these companies who support PeTA

Post by Pil9rotten »

All I did was advocate that if you disagree with PeTA then boycott companies that support them. I don't call that bashing anyone and certainly didn't mean to indirectly insult you or others with special needs. Boycott the companies until they pull their support of PeTA.

PeTA readily advocates the use of boycotts and they support violent action against those who have views differing from their own. I am not familair with your situation so do not know the circumstances where you are "forced" to buy anyting. If those companies are the only source for something you need for your health then by all means patronize them. I for one when seeking out a great source of VEGETARIAN dog food will not patronize them.

If I have a hankering for some Organic tofu I will seek it from another source.

When shopping for Vegan skin care products I'll spend my money with a company that won't use my purchase against me thru PeTA later on.

As far as shoes go I only feed mine meat.

I am not a Herbivore so will never read Herbivore Magazine or vegetarian times. I prefer Bass West, Bass Master or Offroad magazines.

And my 401 (k) is just doing fine without any help from the Gay Financial Network.

PeTA pitches a bitch about outdoorsmen and women doing what we do for sport. If it wasn't for us MANY species would be near extinction. Many species have been brought back to OVERPOPULATED numbers initially due to conservation efforts by hunting and angling organizations. There are MORE wild animals on this continent now than when Christopher Columbus discovered it in the 1400's. Gee I'm so glad that PeTA is there to look after my best interests.

Baggy pantsed apologetic white liberal housewives and hippies who support PeTA are very ignorant about what they are REALLY supporting when sending money to PeTA, Ingrid Newlirk and the A.L.F.

Thanks,

Kenji
bassdude28

Post by bassdude28 »

hmmmm....wow some interesting points displayed here. I still like RonC's post about that special place we like to keep little creatures...next to the mashed potatoes.

Having been raised by one of the biggest outdoorsman I know..my dad, I have had a chance to look at both sides and have determined that we as sportsman and peta share the same idea of conservation. But the outdoor sportsman community has done miles more for conservation than th folks at PETA. Their hearts are in the right place but their methods actually negatively impact the environment we both wish to protect. Maybe someday they will come out of that cloud of smoke and shower more than once a year and figure that out.
Pil9rotten

Post by Pil9rotten »

Well,
There are more waterfowl today than in the past 30 years. This is due to conservation by sportsmen.

There are so many deer in many states that they are culled by professional sharpshooters, herded up to be spayed and nuetered (New Jersey). Many states including Michigan allow culling of females and fawns.

The conservation of animals in the wild and their environment is a wonderful thing but when conservation is so successful that when overpopulation occurs some need to be harvested. PeTA and other groups fail miserably in this aspect and the result is skinny, diseased animals, more contact with humans in an urban environment and the suffering of the animals involved.

Ask any farmer in San Mateo County what they think of the Penninsula Open Space Trust who have stolen dozens of farms under eminent domain. They claim that they want open space for all to enjoy and not be turned into strip malls. As soon as they aquire property, they fence it off, stop all public access including hunting and fishing. Ask them about the herds of wild pig that trash their crops, ask them about the skinny deer. Conservation is good but there needs to be balance.

Maybe you should bone up on history a bit, research deer, bear, elk and other game animal populations. Also try to google Christopher Columbus you'll see that he discovered America in 1492, when I last checked that was in 1400's.

I appreciate your opposing opinion and really don't care if you support and defend PeTA. That's your right, you live in America.

I will continue to oppose PeTA, Ingrid Newkirk, A.L.F, Earth First and whoever else subscribes to terrorist tactics to get their point across and oppress MY right to enjoy the outdoors.

Fish do have nerves as do all living creatures, they are not capable of "feelings" and since I hunt them I don't care if they feel pain or not. I do however fish in an ethical manner and always do my best to not cause anymore suffering than necessary.

Tight lines,

Kenji