Launching at Shasta Lake

Mort

Launching at Shasta Lake

Post by Mort »

My trip to Shasta lake is fast approaching and I have figured out where to stay, but I would like to know the best/quickest place to launch from? We will be in North Redding and have already driven 6 to 7 hours, so a long drive to the ramp does not sound that appealing. Any info on nearby ramps would definitely help. Also if you have a preference on which part of the lake is best to start with, that would be helpful too. (We will be fishing in the beginning of April for 3 days)

Thanks again,

Marty
Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
Ridge_Runner20

Re: Launching at Shasta Lake

Post by Ridge_Runner20 »

Marty, Marty, Marty... Would I ever lead you astray? Despite the fact we likely WON'T be taking my boat, :cry: I'll still divulge MOST of my secrets. Launching out of Bridge Bay is still prolly best, and as for where to fish... to be honest, it really shouldn't matter.

Sorry about your boat, but you'll be on the water soon enough. Hopefully, in time for our annual Troy's Turkey Shoot. Talk to ya soon.

Mike L. - aka RR_20
Gene Bowen

Post by Gene Bowen »

MARTY, WHERE IN NORTH REDDING YOU STARTING FROM.BRIDGE BAY WILL PROBLEY BE REAL CROWDED AND VERY LITTLE PARKING. OTHER OPTIONS ARE PACKERS BAY WHICH HAS LOTS OF PARKING AND CHEAPER LAUNCHING AND PARKING. THE ONLY DRAW BACK, THERE WORKING ON THE PIT RIVER BRIDGE AND ITS DOWN TO TWO LANES. BAILY COVE IS ANOTHER OPTION ITS ON THE MC CLOUD ARM HAS LIMITED PARKING BUT YOU STILL GOT TO GO ACROSS THE BRIDGE.THERE ALL GOOD RAMPS. YOU CAN LAUNCH 3 BOATS AT THE SAME TIME AT PACKERS. IF YOU DONT MIND DRIVING ANOTHER 10 MIN PACKERS WOULD BE YOUR BEST BET I WOULD THINK. JUST MY OPINION. GENE
GW

Post by GW »

This issue has not come up yet but nows the time. When we went to Shasta for the WON Pro /Am we found that the fine folks at Bridge Bay jacked the launch fees starting Jan1. They were even so kind as to pass out flyers ( I wish I still had it to post here) but in a nutshell thay said that the reason the prices are raised is because bass fishermen do not pay to launch.

I say go elsewhere if you can. They need to realize where the vast majority of their $$$ come from in the winter.

GW

**these comments are in no way connected with WON**
Gator

Post by Gator »

GW -

That is a crock of S*&( for Bridge Bay to say that. I wonder how much ski and pleasure traffic they get in the winter. I would guess none. If anyone has that flyer that they passed out, please get it to me. I would like to discuss their "findings" with them.
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Gator...
If I remember correctly, launching at Bridge Bay was 12.00. I think they jacked it to 15.00 for the WON and Stren. One of their complaints was that bass fisherman don't buy fuel or stuff from the store there (of course neither open until 8 or 9 am). Add to that the extremely limited parking and it's a major rip. I never launch there.

The construction on the bridge really hasn't had much effect on getting to Bailey Cove or Packers. Even on a holiday weekend it's not bad at all.
Bill kizer

Post by Bill kizer »

When the water at Shasta is down Bridge Bay is the way to go. You can park on the dirt there and there is plenty of it. When the water is up, Pakers Bay is the way to go. It's at best 5 minutes further.

When I fish the Mc Clould Squaw Creek, or the Pit I use Bailey Cove which is the next exit up on the lower Mc Cloud arm.
Just call me Tule bender
Mort

Post by Mort »

Thanks for the info and Mike I know you are going to show us a few sweet spots. We can also take your boat if you would like as well as Dave's or Mike H.'s It should be a blast and I should be ready to roll for Troy's Tourny soon too.

Mort
Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
Scott V.

Post by Scott V. »

Launch at Packers. It's the best option.

In the corporate world of resort management, Seven Crown Resorts is not interested in basing any profits around launch fees. And that's about all bass fisherman pay for there. Bridge Bay Resort is under the corporate umbrella of Seven Crown Resorts.

I've dealt with Bridge Bay on numerous tournaments under numerous organizations. Bridge Bay is willing to work with you but corporate Seven Crown Resorts is the boss and they have to follow direction from their bosses, just like we have to in our daily jobs.

Launch at Packers. It's the best option and no more than a 10 minute drive up I-5.

Scott V.
Hipster

Re: Well Well Well Looky here!!

Post by Hipster »

Last week the one and only Stickbait chimes in :shock: :shock: and this week Mr. Vaughn!! :shock: :shock: Dust off the pages of old NCBF boys, we got some old-timers lurkin latley 8) 8) 8)
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark