GAS!

Dan P

GAS!

Post by Dan P »

$72.00 for 22 gallons in my Yukon. :evil: I know allot you out there have bigger rigs and are paying more at the pump. Not cool.

Dan
[img]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t85/dp105532/photo2-1.jpg[/img]
DeltaDan

Re: GAS!

Post by DeltaDan »

Look for Mercury to be making a Diesel O/B soon..... Image

I just put in 6 gal for near 25 bones to top off the tank.

Have no idea where the team wishes to run tommorow -- But where the teens point - we will try to make it -- and hopefully back. :lol:
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

So does this mean your riding up to pyramid with me? :lol:
AINOKEA..........life is good...but I'm mad as Hell
Brian D.

The days of the standard

Post by Brian D. »

$20 co-angler fee are over. :cry: Between lake entry, towing to/from, and actual boat usage costs, it's getting to be close to a $70-100 day.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
JohNNy Utah

Post by JohNNy Utah »

Yeah, that little 115hp 4 stroke sitting on the back of my little Champion just keeps looking better and better! I may not be the fastest boat on the water (by a long shot!) but it sure does sip the gas.
Try and do something that scares you at least once a day
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

54 Liters cost me a whopping 9700 YEN, YIKES!
hippie

Re: The days of the standard

Post by hippie »

who said the co angler has to pay half its not a given amount if you want to play you must be able to afford to pay.
DougH

Post by DougH »

9700 yen ! WTF is a yen! lol
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Roughly $83.00 and change depending on the exchange rate.
Ron T.

Re: Delta Dan

Post by Ron T. »

I dont think a diesel outboard will be here anytime soon , 120.00 to fill my duramax . Thats one weekend going to and from Diamond Vally . Multiply that by the last six weeks . Between fuel , baits , lake fees and entry fees i will be into just this one tournament 1200.00 to 1300.00 . I sure do love to fish , -----------------I guess .
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Gas will be..... "or pushing" $4 a gal come July. --You can bank on that.

Diesel will be around $3.30-$3.55 as it is more regulated - and will at the same time drive up even further the price on everything on the free market. (groceries, shipping, fishing charters, goods ect..)

There is no near-term solution in site......... But look for it to be a big political topic in 2008- With again-- No answers... and more empty promises. :roll:
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
Dan P

Post by Dan P »

Remember these days? Just a year ago I was blown away at $75.00 to fill up. How I wish I can go back :evil:

DP
[img]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t85/dp105532/photo2-1.jpg[/img]
Scott

Post by Scott »

$20 co-angler fee are over. Between lake entry, towing to/from, and actual boat usage costs, it's getting to be close to a $70-100 day.
Grrr Brian, don't even get that started...
-=Scott=-
<b><i>Clean and Dry</i></b>
Murph

Post by Murph »

It's a good thing that we have a President that Bass Fishes :roll:
It might be lonely at the Top, but it's a bitch, at the Bottom !
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

DeltaDan wrote:Gas will be..... "or pushing" $4 a gal come July. --You can bank on that.

Diesel will be around $3.30-$3.55 as it is more regulated - and will at the same time drive up even further the price on everything on the free market. (groceries, shipping, fishing charters, goods ect..)

:roll: Diesel around my hood is already 5.19 to 5.30 a gal.
Why do you think the price at the stores have doubled, the big boys hauling our goods are getting it in the rear and passing it on...
Just thank Bush for the last eight years of... I paid 2.85 a gal in Ensenada last week for gas at the marina. Diesel was cheaper

There is no near-term solution in site......... But look for it to be a big political topic in 2008- With again-- No answers... and more empty promises. :roll:
Dan P

Post by Dan P »

DaveH wrote:
DeltaDan wrote:Gas will be..... "or pushing" $4 a gal come July. --You can bank on that.

:roll: Diesel around my hood is already 5.19 to 5.30 a gal.
Why do you think the price at the stores have doubled, the big boys hauling our goods are getting it in the rear and passing it on...
Just thank Bush for the last eight years of... I paid 2.85 a gal in Ensenada last week for gas at the marina. Diesel was cheaper

If you look at the top of this post, I posted this last year. When gas was apparently cheap. It’s out of control and will most likely not, get any better.
Lynne

Gas prices

Post by Lynne »

Mike just paid $5.16 a gallon for diesel this morning in Escondido. While up in Idaho this past week we ran into a mint farmer who purchase 100,000 gallons of diesel futures for $5.63 a gallon. (right now up there it is $4.47/gallon.) The farmer told us that by Labor Day, gas will be $6 and diesel will be $8. Mike and I are looking into an additive that they claim will increase your mph between 20-40%. We will keep you posted. (for both gas and diesel)

Lynne
Murph

Re: Gas prices

Post by Murph »

Lynne, I'm reasonably certain that if those predictions hold up, Our industry, (fishing), will go the way of the Edsel. I seen a report this morning that they are paying .12 a gallon in Venezuela. I wonder how many Billions in Foreign Aid we've gave them in the past.
It might be lonely at the Top, but it's a bitch, at the Bottom !
drew

Post by drew »

I hope everyone knows that gas in the US is subsidized by our taxes. We are paying alot more then you realize. Maybe $6.50-7/gal.
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

...which is still less than they're paying in coutries like Germany and Romania, among many others.

This is NOT limited to the US... while there are places where gas is less than what we're paying, it is largely a global issue of significant importance and impact (to the global economy).

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
drew

Post by drew »

Value wise it is very close when compared to Europe because their quality is substantially better.
Bass Pro Shopper

Post by Bass Pro Shopper »

Murph wrote: I seen a report this morning that they are paying .12 a gallon in Venezuela.
I guess that's the next country we're going to invade and bomb since pulling oil out of Iraq hasn't happened yet (as some in Washington probably thought it would by now). I feel the surging gas is partly Saudi Arabia's revenge on us for being in Iraq so long.

I also agree with Murph's statement that fishing will start getting hurt bad by rising fuel prices. I'm getting to a point where I might have to cut down on my trips, and participate in only certain tournaments. The boat is not so much the problem since I have a 4 stroke on it. The problem is the tow vehicle. Getting there and back really starts to hurt the pocket book now, especially since my SUV is the only vehicle I have and I use it for my daily driving as well. It's long been paid off so I'm saving there. I've considered buying an economy car and keeping the truck just for towing, but doing so would probably cost around $18G for the new car after all is said and done. That's a lot of money that can be put towards fueling the SUV and boat. Plus, if I save on gas with the new car, I'll have a car payment that, with the extra insurance, will probably total close to what I'm paying a month now just for gas. The numbers just don't seem to add up for me, so I guess I'm stuck. I'm sure a lot of other people are in a similar predicament.

By the way, I heard a story today that diesel in England is the equivalent of $9 a gallon right now. Yikes!
basssjk

Post by basssjk »

so my questions is ... when do we say enough is enough and start writing to our congress and getting some change?
SpookFreak

Post by SpookFreak »

I say no country should be able to hold the world hostage.

Not the Saudis or that punkass Chavez.

It's time to fight back.
jiggin_pimpin

Post by jiggin_pimpin »

Well, our high gas prices is due to our dependence on oil. OPEC is a cartel that decides how much oil to produce per day. Unfortunately, the US is not part of OPEC and has absolutely no say on their production level.

You think any of the countries that form OPEC wants to "help" the US? Not a chance. Saudia Arabia is just laughing at us all the way to the bank and you can thank Bush for that.

Any idea when we will be seeing a hybrid outboard motor on the market? Sign me up. And don't get lost in the illusion that a hybrid truck will help with gas prices anytime soon. Big Motor and Big Gas companies are colluding to rip us off left and right.

Good luck out there people.
Pred

Post by Pred »

not going to get too into it but puerto rico is at 1.74 a gallon. HOW?

Europe is a bad example as that in europe there is a ready mass transit, things are much closer and owning a car is more of a class orientated thing that it is here.

You even pay insurance based on your cars ENGINE and its NOT cheap. Most of us could never afford to own the car we do over here. Rich drive cars in europe. The minions take the tube, bus or drive a .9 liter beast.
Gerryjig

Post by Gerryjig »

right now with all the b.s. going on in Mexico.....it would be worth risking you life to pay $2.08 per gallon for reg gas OR diesel :shock:
Gerryjig OUT!
M. Warner

Post by M. Warner »

The gas prices dont matter, it could be 10 bucks a galoon and we would still buy it, why? because we have to . The fishing, well there would be no fishing. I have a duramax diesel, and 120 every 2 weeks fills her up, but I only drive it to work. I havent fished in a month, due to my work schedule, but basically what I am getting at is we need it so they hammer us on it, there is nothing we can do about it except buy stock. Face it gents, its here and it will stay. Diesel is about 4.60 here in vegas, WHY? Its diesel before its refined to gas? Its because more people are driving diesels these days. It burns my hide about these prices and everytime I fill up I would love to blow the place up, but then there are consequensences. Ohwell :oops:
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

Folks, I just got back from Clear Lake for Memorial Day weekend. I took my camper and boat. UNREAL...I spent about $550+ in fuel for the truck and boat. The boat cost $175 to fill both tanks...fortunately I only used 1.2 tanks.

The truck....UGH! One fill, $170!

I am not sure the rally is in my future this July unless someone is going with me!
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com