The Spirit of the Rally........

Angel

The Spirit of the Rally........

Post by Angel »

I was sitting here day dreaming of all the past rallies I have been to at Clearlake, and thinking great times I have had at each one. This is an event I always look forward to every year. I've been to the first one and to almost everyone since then. They have come a long way from being at the Anchorage Inn to what they are now. But for some reason, this year, I am not all that excited about going. I am all signed up and will be there. But need some help from you all. What are some of the reasons why you are going to the Rally? With the Rally only being about a month away, I need to get excited. I realize that it may be a little early for rally smack. I need to hear some of your reasons for going.
Thanks,
Angel
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Re: The Spirit of the Rally........

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

MY main reason for going is simply just to see and meet as many of the nutcases as I can..I love to spend time around people that enjoy bassing as much as I do..I have yet failed to meet new people and learn new things..Throw in the good food, the raffle and the fishing what else could a person want..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Gator

Post by Gator »

I go to the Rally (because I have to)......cough cough.......because I love being with all the NutCases and having a good time.

I also relish the fact that I am on the NumbNut committee and hold your fate in my hands :twisted:

It is never too early for smack talk. How about I start it. Who's got the banana's for Dewayne, Sieg and company? Who's gonna finish in second (right behind me)? Who's gonna lose to me at the poker game? Can we finally get Jimmy Reese to show up to a Rally?

Come on people, let it out!!
Phil

Post by Phil »

THE SPIRIT:
JUST BEING ABLE TO BE ON THE LAKE FOR TWO DAYS WITH MY BELOVED AND STAY A COUPLE DAYS WITH MY SON IN LAKEPORT IS ENOUGH FOR ME TO BE HAPPY AND GIVE ME THE SPIRIT !!

JIGS
Quantum_Kid

Post by Quantum_Kid »

I go so that I can meet all of the Nutcases and have a great time while I am at it :D

Also, I am looking forward to the chance that I might be able to outfish you for once :lol: :lol:

Hopefully I won't dump another 7 just to have you catch it after me again :evil:

See ya there!
~Scott Trummer~
AKA Tom's Netboy

www.quantumfishing.com
www.sufix.com
www.blackdogbaits.com
www.menditglue.com
BassTraveler

Post by BassTraveler »

Let me grab another tissue, I mean Banana peel.
Sob Sob Sob...that 's the most beautiful sad poem I've ever read.
"The Spirt of the Rally"
Man your going to have to dig deeper into the TrASH can than that.
The only NUT award that I have left to Capture is the TOPNUT Award.
So you guys BEE-TER move out of the way and get ready to be banana CREAMED all the way to the end of the RALLY. :wink:
[url=http://www.nosweatmist.com/][img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/nosweat.jpg[/img][/url]
www.nixonsmarine.com
Bill kizer

Post by Bill kizer »

This year I'll be prepared.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh to fish with a Misty girl again. What a fond memory, going to Pirate Island in search of the big fish. With over a thousand boats surrounding the tiny rock, my bikini clad co-angler beauty wondering how we could ever get close enough to cast.

Then an idea came to mind.

Hey Tory, how about just sitting there and smile at everyone.

Low and behold the waters parted, everyone offering to get out of the way for us.

I'll be there
Just call me Tule bender
Dewayne

Re: So I can see my neighbor

Post by Dewayne »

I only get 1 or 2 chances a year to see Angel and I am soo excited to see him. BBBWWAA!

Seig may still be running the G3. I get to pass someone in my Ranger.

It's the one time a year when we get to see Tony work. :)

I can tell everyone where Seig's and Jimmy's water is 2 weeks before the AC pro/am. :twisted: :twisted:

The only tournament where I can weight in a big cat fish or carp.

I might find someone willing to teach me how to play poker.

Misty Girls

The Swedish Bikini Team Dock pattern

The chance to beat Seig on Clear Lake......Priceless.
Dewayne
Cooch

Only one reason fer me!

Post by Cooch »

The Covetted Rally "Top Nut". It is the only piece missing from my "Mantle of Shame"! It will further extend my historic record title of "Top Nut" awards. And it is my journey along this crusade that provides my greatest joys in fishing:

I git ta go just play fer a weekend. Horse around with a bunch of bass fishing nutcases I call friends. I git ta wallow in the joy of watching someone else win the damn thing, cause there ain't a soul there who wants ta see me win another one! HAR! HAR! HAR! I git ta walk on a bed of $31 poppers avoiding yet another historic "Numbnut" ta boot. I git to nominate Gator & Tony fer Numbnut, because I CAN! I git ta smack talk the old fashion way, without a private Lounge to be burried in. I git ta grin from ear ta ear and splain to everyone why I'm laughin, as everyone but Dewayne and Seaters leaves the room during the raffle, and one of my guide trips come up. I know they won't take it and I'll come out $275 in the red, and not have to go fish their spots!! I can bend the rules, and they still won't DQ me! It's the one weekend of the year, I git ta eat really well, and BDO has no skinny rail Cooch ta pick on!

Now we know Angel, none of this, to this point, is near enough ta git ya excited. But here's what we'll do for him folks. Those of you that are going, you PM me. Hit that lil PM button at the top of the post after ya read this. I'll let ya in on a lil secrete and we can ALL share it with him Friday night, we'll give him his excitement! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Cooch on Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hipster

Re: Only one reason fer me!

Post by Hipster »

That's enough, Hipster will be there

Ya all better treat me good i am signing up now!!
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Gator.. I go to the Rally's just to see old face's again, i.e. yours, sTony and all the rest that I only see (for the most part) at a rally. Even if it just in passing and saying hello and not talking for a long time, it is just good to see those people again. I enjoy the fishing, meal, drinks and raffle. As for smack, maybe this year I can set the hook on something other than a boat dock roof and not get edged out for numbnut award.. Of course I probably will take Topnut away from Sieg and those other hotshots.. See ya.. Bill K :D :wink:
Pat

Post by Pat »

I coming to catch up with some of my good friends. I love the Rally concept, I was at the very first Rally@Fork and the first Rally@ClearLake along with a bunch of others. Some of the best times I've ever had fishing were at the Rallies, whether I was catching fish or not, cause it's not about the fishing, It's about the people. I have not been to the last few Rallies due to some changes of interest, but I've decided I've been away too long. So, I am going to see if you can go back, even if it is just occasionally.

Looking forward to seeing all my old buds again. My check will be in the mail in the next day or two.

C' Ya!

Pat
Hardshell

Post by Hardshell »

My reasons for great expectations:

Five days of fishing with my Grandson.

Maybe a couple with my wife, if it's calm and she don't nut up at a little chop.

To introduce "Butch the Bass Fishing Dog II" to all that care.

To renew friendships and make some new.

Last, to check out sTony's new boat, remember the Titanic?????

Hardshell
aka Hardshell-Jailer
aka Jailer
aka Steve & Butch
BS'r

Post by BS'r »

After 6 months this will be the first tourney I've fished this year.

I go to hang with some friends, get my non-boater two fish and determine the outcome. 3 out of the last 4 summer Rallies I seem to get a hand in.

4 years ago
When Angel won, I lost the big fish that Angel ended up catching to win.
3 years ago, I caught a big fish and won the Delta one day rally.
2 years ago, Korny won.
The best one
Last year, Dewayne quits fishing to let me catch one off his big fish spot, after I get bit, he drops his Jig in there before I can return a cast he catches an 8 lber.

Best Rally moment is when DDawg falls in after casting.

If the G3 boat wants to win, I'm avalable for rent....

If Cooch coming this year.... I may have to fish.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Bill K wrote:Gator.. I go to the Rally's just to see old face's again,

The oldest face I expect to see at the Rally is Rich "Hookpoint" Thiel, his face makes King Tut look like a teenie bopper.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Speaking of Rich, last Saturday while Joe Kopp and I were pre-fishing for the Federation event, we ran across a guide trip that consisted of the guide and three attractive young oriental ladies..The guide sure looked a lot like Rich, but I didn't think he would ever allow three young ladies on his boat at the same time..Whoever the guide was he sure had his hands full..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Misty Girls

Post by Misty Girls »

Hey guys its Heather. I just wanted to let you guys know that My self and Tori will not be fishing the Rally. Now Sophia might be ill check with her and let you know when i get an answer. There are two other new Mistys i can also see if they want to fish but im not sure if they can get the time off work. Hope everyone is doing great and ill give you a up date soon.

Tons of Hugs,
Heather
[url=http://www.nosweatmist.com/][img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/nosweat.jpg[/img][/url]
RichThiel

Post by RichThiel »

SOCB,

Careful what you say, Casey might take your boat has a "Chewy Toy" :shock: :D or a "port-o-Poty".

Rich
Guide on the California Delta and Lake Berryessa for Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spots. Teach all known techniques with up to date artificial baits.

www.calbassguide.com ,

Best 5 over 7lbs for 09
1- 8lb 3oz
2- 10.73
3- 9.06
4-
5-
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

RichThiel wrote:SOCB,

Careful what you say, Casey might take your boat has a "Chewy Toy" :shock: :D or a "port-o-Poty".

Rich

So thats your secret to your success on the delta "Casey Chum Lines" blow the bilge pump and the swamp donkeys just jump into da boat.

I cant wait for my first Western Rally at Clear Lake, I have one nut down and three more to go!
Links to Check Out -
RichThiel

Post by RichThiel »

SOCB,

DSCF0047
Guide on the California Delta and Lake Berryessa for Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spots. Teach all known techniques with up to date artificial baits.

www.calbassguide.com ,

Best 5 over 7lbs for 09
1- 8lb 3oz
2- 10.73
3- 9.06
4-
5-
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Casey might take your boat has a "Chewy Toy" or a "port-o-Poty".

Don't let him fool ya boys, the "chewy toy and poty is really his! As we all saw at the CBAF event last weekend, we are all very clear that Casey is the pack leader in that house hold! Rich came out yellin, "Casey Heal, Heal, Heal", Casey would turn back and look at him like, "Yeah right human, follow me", and Rich so diligently did! HAR! HAR! HAR!
Last edited by Cooch on Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian D.

hey J...

Post by Brian D. »

You ready or what?
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
basstamer

This will be my first rally.....

Post by basstamer »

I have tried several times to make it and it has'nt worked out but this year will be different! I am looking forward to seeing some nutcases I allready know plus meeting some new.....putting a face to the name thing. It's getting close and I am getting fired up! Tight Lines-Cya all there-
Scott
ash
SpeedBump

Brian

Post by ash »

No, I am not ready for Clear Lake, I still have all my teeth and my wife beaters dont have enough mustard and grease on them yet. But given I have another month Ill be rearin to go....

Hummmm is that chicken fried crack I smell wafting up outa lake port? TIME TO GO!!!!!!!
Links to Check Out -
Johnny C

Re: This will be my first rally.....

Post by Johnny C »

I have been wanting to go back since the day after the rally ended last year. Fishing a week with my son is awesome. Being able to see all the great people again. And having the pleasure of taking Seig, Dewayne, Angel, Cooch, Stony, Santora, Gary and Theil all to the fishing wood shed in the same weekend is too much to pass up!!!!!!...Dewayne I need to talk to you man..It will be a blast for all!!!!
http://www.dobynsrods.com
Kelly Ripa

Re: This will be my first rally.....

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I'm a bit disapointed that I can't make the trip this year :( ...I am going to sponser young Nick Peregrina ( FishEagle 90 in the Clearlake reports page) from Upper Lake in his first tournament ever. I'd appreciate it if you folks could show him a good time. You'll not meet a nicer more courteous young man. He is a VERY good stick and being he's a local if you draw him you might think about finding out what fish he's on :oops: . I am hopeful that he'll draw one of the big boys and while get'n his butt whooped on his own lake he'll learn some new magic from you guys. Don't let his quiet demeanor fool ya he's got fire behind those eyes and is ache'n to do well. Try not to scare him to much at the banquet with all of your bass fisherman's social etiquette :wink:

Rip
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
conniek

Post by conniek »

well, we are kinda rally junkies, been to alot of rallies and I can tell you they are special. Anybody that has not attended a rally do not know what they are missing. we got the long nut award several times and we treasure it dearly. :wink: and the most special thing about a rally is the friendships and seeing your extened families.
and where else can folks get the experiencce of fishing with DEEEWAYNE, Angel , and have so much fun? Cooch did pole dance one year, what a treat or maybe i should say treatment. We feeling the blues that we not registered this year. :cry: I even got to fish with a olive farmer, sure something special for a hick from lake fork texas. Memories are priceless so any of you folks who have not attended a rally, get off your duff and go to clearlake.
Gator isn't like he sounds if you have not met him, he is worse. Just kidding. the folks at western bass feed you very well and attending is a hoot of a good time.
conniek- ask us about our Fishing Reel Maint. video and training school.
gt5bass

Post by gt5bass »

Connie,

Sorry to hear you and Tommie won't be at this years Rally. You WILL BE MISSED. We had a blast a couple of years ago. I really enjoyed the evening I got to take you and and Tommie out after the (official portion of the) Rally was over...but then does a Rally really ever end :wink:

Hopefully the Ol' Hub will git off his Duff and git it to the Rally at Texas (Lake Fork) one of the years :roll:
[i][color=green]It is what it is[/color] :|[/i]
Dewayne

Re: See Cooch

Post by Dewayne »

You dun scared away the Texans with that dance of yours. :)

We will miss you guys Connie. Take care and maybe I will get back that way for the Rally@Fork and you can take me for a ride and scare me. ;) I hear you guys have lots of cute little fish in that pond. :)

Your right about Gator though.
Dewayne
JRS

Re: The Spirit of the Rally........Gator,Gator,Gator.....

Post by JRS »

:oops: in your post, what was that you said you hold in your hands!? PLEASE keep your hands to yourself!!!! it's never to early to talk smack :D
Jenny

I need to hear some of your reasons for going.

Post by Jenny »

to win another set of nuts :shock:

to fish with nuts :lol:

to enjoy fine dining with nuts 8)

to seek revenge on banana nuts :twisted:
Gator

Post by Gator »

Hehehehe - JRS has the early lead in NumbNut voting......see how it works now?
Ken C.

Re: See Cooch

Post by Ken C. »

Ha-Ha!! Interstingly enough, I was recently combing through some old PC files and stumbled across my original photos of "the dance".
Not quite "poster-size" quality but they're prolly worth something to somebody. . . :twisted: :wink:

I'll start taking bids any time...
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
JRS

Post by JRS »

Leading after day one!!! and I didn't even pre-fish :shock:
Pil9rotten

Post by Pil9rotten »

With all the talk about smack I had to throw in my .02 worth. It's been awhile but I'm going to be there this year freshly retired from the Dept. of Homeland Security with the silver bullet (Not so shiny anymore) I will be gunning for all you glitter rocket jocks so expect a spanking. Yeah that will be me cruising behind all of you on "Tracker Pad" and me giving all of you a spankin' at weigh in. I haven't been able to make the Rally since my double title and REALLY look forward to it this year. My better half (Christiane) will be there and I can't wait for her to see what an awesome group of people the nutcases are! We will be staying at KVC (aka Nutcase HQ).

Kenji
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

Welcome back.
I believe you were Top Nut for the 2002 Rally, weren't you?
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
Pil9rotten

Post by Pil9rotten »

Wolfeman wrote:Welcome back.
I believe you were Top Nut for the 2002 Rally, weren't you?
- Wolfeman
Hey Wolfeman! Yes I was Top Nut and Big Nut in 2002. Other than teaching my 7 year old son how to fish, the Rally is the best time I have ever had Bass Fishing. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone again and spending some awesome time on and off the water with the best group of people I know. It's all about the experience and the people we share it with.
Marty

Post by Marty »

I’m going to swim like a bass and sting a Crawdads by the fifth round you will see!
Dewayne

Re: Marty

Post by Dewayne »

Are you saying your going to fall off the boat and have a really bad sun burn?
Dewayne
Phil

Post by Phil »

SAD . WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE THE RALLY AGAIN THIS YEAR. WORK PREVALES, WIFE INFORMED ME SHE HAS TO WORK ALL WEEKEND AT DON PEDRO, SO WE WILL MISS IT AND MISS MEETING YOU ALL......MAYBE NEXT YEAR WHEN WE ARE RETIRED......

GOOD LUCK AND FUN TO ALL

JIGS
PHIL & PEGGY
Marty

Re: Marty

Post by Marty »

I’m going to de-weight Dewayne in the third weigh in!