3:16 mighty minnow

oakie joe

3:16 mighty minnow

Post by oakie joe »

I am looking to get some of these baits for an up coming turny. anyone fish these? how do they work in heavy cover?
gt5bass

Re: 3:16 mighty minnow

Post by gt5bass »

I have used the 3:16 Mighty Minnow (now just 3:16 Minnow) for over 3 years now. I fish it anywhere and everywhere 8) on 65# braid on a Steve's Froggers Special...just be sure to have a good grip on yer rod as they love to smash this bait :shock: . Enjoy yer purchase, you won't regret it!

FYI...Be sure to leave the eye the hook out of the nose of the bait when you rig it or it tends to want to roll a little bit on faster retrieves :wink:

ps. I just ordered another 10 boxes yesterday :twisted:
[i][color=green]It is what it is[/color] :|[/i]
g-man

Post by g-man »

Just leave the eye of the hook out? That will eliminate the rolling? nice!! cause them things have been rolling on me. I'll give it a try! Thanks
100% LL
oakie joe

Post by oakie joe »

thanks for the info. i am going to give them a try.
schreecher2

Post by schreecher2 »

I have been fishing the larger Panic Minnows with awesome results, but they also tend to roll a bit on fast retrieves. I will also give that a try. I have been using the weighted hooks and it also helps a lot.....
Tight Lines,
schreech
oakie joe

Post by oakie joe »

I have fished the panic minnow with some sucess. the smallmouth love them!!!
markscolwell

Post by markscolwell »

I love them! I had some problems with them spinning on retrieve too but gt5bass straightened me out back in April. Shortly after I had my best swimbait day ever, 4 fish over 5 lbs. Its’ a great bait but as everyone says pull the eye thru the nose to make it swim right. The only down side is they tear up after 2-3 fish; I found you can melt them back together for a couple more bites. Good luck!!!
Whether in the military or in life, Service is the price for living!