B.A.S.S. AOY....Skeet or KVD? With two events left,

NaCl

B.A.S.S. AOY....Skeet or KVD? With two events left,

Post by NaCl »

the AOY race is very close between these two awesome sticks! And, look who's in 3rd! The next event is on the Potomac and the last is down in Florida...each venue favors one of these guys. Also, 6 out of the top 11 in the AOY standings are from the west. Go gettem Skeet!

.....NaCl
Barry Watson

Re: B.A.S.S. AOY....Skeet or KVD? With two events left,

Post by Barry Watson »

I have a hunch ( or am hoping anyway) that our Auburn guy will win it on the Florida Lake if it is a flip or mat bite. If they are scattered out in the grass clumps then it will be Strike King against Lucky Craft on a lipless crankbait bite. What do I know?
Nothing. LOL

Go Skeet
Oldlures
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Im rooting for Skeet but we all know KVD is the come back kid so it will be tough to hold him off!
drew

Post by drew »

Does JL have a chance since he is 222 pts behind Skeet? I live in the same town as Jared, so of course I hope he wins. Florida can be tough for advanced anglers. I believe they over think their strategy, it seems more difficult then it actually is. I grew up in south FL and I believe it is much less difficult to fish then CA. Hopefully the AOY is from CA, no offense to the fans of KVD, but hasn't he won enough. :wink:
Jerkbait0071

Post by Jerkbait0071 »

It's going to be Skeet, no doubt in my mind.
www.xtremeglove.com
www.bpboatcenter.com
basstamer

There is NO question in my mind-

Post by basstamer »

This has been and will continue to be Skeet's year-he is gonna bring it home to us on the West Side than I'll even share a secret with you-he is gonna follow it up with winning the next....no wait....wait for it.....the next TWO classics! Yeah there I said it and I feel better-you know its true too!
Scott
CN

Re: There is NO question in my mind-

Post by CN »

Well KVD is a great guy and I sure hope Skeet Reese can win it all for the West.But it would be nice to see Jared win but I dont think he is close enough.

It sure is nice to see some of these guy's attempting the big time's and be very competative.Has to be very intimadating but they took that chance and more power to them.

It's only a matter of when not if before Reese does it but I am impressed with the effort Jared is doing.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Skeet is 20 points ahead, with 3 points per position, that means he has a 6 position cushion over the next two events. In recent events on the Potomac River near this time of year, Skeet has finished one place ahead of KVD in one event and one place behind him in the other. Both have finished in the top 4! So I call that one a "pick 'em". BASS has not been to Florida in the fall in a long time, so not sure how that goes.

Seems like Skeet just needs to learn to close the deal, he is so versitile, he stays close almost anywhere they go. His time will come!

Pat
R. Duzac

Post by R. Duzac »

I don't want to jinx Skeet, so I will say KVD will win it easy :-).

An any case he's going up against the proven best in the game.
When you watch you can tell they both want it sooooo bad.

Good Luck Skeet!

R. Duzac
FISH2WIN55

Post by FISH2WIN55 »

I hope Skeet wins it, but he has to shake off the " brides maid never the bride" thing. He has a knack of coming in second. This will be a great year if he can pull it off. I just love to see so many west coast anglers at the top. Do you suppose that BASS guys are jealous and that is why the west coast is getting snubbed?