Tempe, AZ Fishing Help

schreecher2

Tempe, AZ Fishing Help

Post by schreecher2 »

I need a little info on where to take a couple of kids fishing (from shore) around there. These kids are my nephew and niece, and the younger boy has autism, so they need to get into fish right away. I really don't even care if it is a U-Fish place. I am just trying to help out my brother (computer nerd) have a good first time fishing with his kids, so a U-Fish trout pond would be great, or a local lake. I tried doing my research with the Arizona Game Department, and found the local stockings of trout just happened last week, but am just trying to get other options. Any info would be appreciated...... I am glad he is going out of his comfort zone to even attempt taking them. Thanks!
Tight Lines,
schreech
Ray L.

Re: Tempe, AZ Fishing Help

Post by Ray L. »

there are some ponds over at A.S.U. but can't remember where....
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
booyaa_az

Post by booyaa_az »

Tempe Town lake has shore fishing. Saguaro Lake about 45 minutes East of there has some smaller bass in right know but I dont know how it is from the shore.
schreecher2

Post by schreecher2 »

I will forward this info...Thanks again.
Tight Lines,
schreech
tlindy

Post by tlindy »

There is a lot of great shore fishing there. I did 5 years of it while at ASU getting my 4 year degree. Some really nice bass, carp (common and amur). There is a great place to catch koi just south of East Chandler Blvd and 36th. Got em there up to ten pounds. Only need a can of corn, small hook, and a split shot on 4 or 6 lb test. You can get the bass on tubes and poppers. Camelback Lake on East McCornmick and Scottsdale Road is good. Lots of bass, carp, and catfish. Chapparal Park on Hayden and Chapparal. ASU Research park on Elliot and the 101. There's three lakes there, and the middle lake is the best. There's two good lakes at Baseline and Lakeshore just east of Rural. Hope this helps to get you started.

Troy