Has it worked good for you?

Jim
[i][b]Ride With a [size=200]Legend[/size][/b][/i]
www.legendmarine.com
www.mercurymarine.com
www.inland-marine.com
[img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/legend.jpg[/img]
g-man

Re: How many of you guys have tried GULP?

Post by g-man »

In my oppinion, its garbage!
100% LL
bassbassbass

Post by bassbassbass »

Jim I use the green pumpkin gulp worm on a shaky head rig and it works fantastic. Do not let people steer you the wrong direction.

An honest answer.

Ron Owen Roseville. It works great on Oroville and Folsom
gcopple

Post by gcopple »

imho, i don't like it. at the same time i havn't used it enough to give you a detailed explanation. the concept seems sound but i catch just as many fish on a roboworm with some pro-cure smeared on it in my opinion. the action isn't as good and the baits dry out and are unusable after a while. just my $.02.

george
George Copple
Multispecies

Post by Multispecies »

I pretty much agree with g-man. Give me a pro worm or robo any day. If needed I will put on my own scent.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

The catfish in clear lake LOVE the gulp, so I think its a good scent. My issues with it was it dried out faster then pork. Gulp is not a staple in my arsenal, I too will take a pro worm or robo anyday.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

I'll have to go with the majority here. I didn't like it. I still have some power worms that work great, but I feel much better with a Robo or Pro Worm on the hook.

Just my experience.
I had to come back...I know...
Guyle

Post by Guyle »

I caught a 12 pounder with a 5 inch gulp worm this summer. But that was all, I would not buy them. I don't like having to keep them moist , too much work.
drew

Post by drew »

I have had mixed results with the power and gulp products. I don't like how the gulp stuff dries out and gets hard easily.
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

I have used the cut bait to wrap kwick fish for salmon. Cant say it does any better than a regular sardine except it lasts all day. I have the frogs and the sinking minnows, they dont work as well as a spro or a sinko.
LL
schreecher2

Post by schreecher2 »

I just can't get over the "Lil bucket" of plastic minnows. There is just something wrong about it..... and if you spill it in your boat, I am sure it is gonna leave a heck of a mess to clean up! It is like so Okie or something.....
Tight Lines,
schreech
BassManDan

Post by BassManDan »

Gulp - No, Powerbait - Yes.
The Gulp really is a big pain, and turns into a rock when it dries out.
I think I'm one of the relative few die-hard bassers out West, who love the powerbait. The new line up has some fantastic bait, Sabertail bug, The (small) Beast and the Chigger Craws. the Powerbait scent is legendary and most of the time, the spotted bass will sit and chaw on it for about and hour :wink: (plenty of time to set the hook.)
And dont forget the power worm...ever so rarely do I fish a plastic worm anymore, but when the T-rig wormin is on, its tough to beat them power worms

Just my 2
BassManDan
BassManDan - 1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite

"In the spirit of akido, sh-sh-sh-shaaa."
-Dale Gribble from TV's "King of the Hill"

"It would be the best of all possible worlds were it not for religion."
- John Adams, 1776
parker

Post by parker »

BassManDan wrote:Gulp - No, Powerbait - Yes.

And dont forget the power worm...ever so rarely do I fish a plastic worm anymore, but when the T-rig wormin is on, its tough to beat them power worms

couldnt have said it better myself
Parker
Phil

Post by Phil »

JIM;
LAST YEAR AT MC CLURE, BEST 6" WORM ON THE LAKE........CAMO SAND WORM !!!!!!!!! TRY IT YOU'LL LIKE IT.OTHER GULP PRODUCTS (NO)!!!!!!!
dockboy

Post by dockboy »

I've tried it. Don't like it personally. Dries out to quickly and not nearly as soft, IMO. If you put down for another bait and don't get back in the water soon, dries out quick. And then you have to friggin' soak it for a day in water just to get it back. And then it hardly moves anymore. So I'll stick with Robo and AC :) I still use the Power Worms for night fishing though. The 10" Power Worm in black or purple are good producers for me night fishing. Oldie but still good as the day they came out.
Brian Ruthman

Post by Brian Ruthman »

Dang Jig's did you have to spill the beans about Joes secret bait for McClure ? Between that bait and the Puffball jig i guess there are no secrets left ! :twisted:
Phil

Post by Phil »

SORRY BRIAN & JOE, IT JUST WORKS FOR ME .

INFACT, I HAVE TO FIND A PLACE TO BUY THEM, SINCE I WILL LOOSE DEALERSHIP WITH PURE FISHING AND HAVE NOT SEEN THE CAMO SAND WORM ANY PLACE ELSE GULP THAT IS.........

JIGS
Matt Moreau

Post by Matt Moreau »

I agree with everyone else... GULP dries out too fast and becomes rock hard after just a short run. I have caught fish on them but i wouldnt buy the product or keep it in my tackle box.
"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."

Matthew Moreau
David Rogers

Post by David Rogers »

Thats funny,
SOCB said the same thing I was going to say, I was not getting bit at Clear Lake on my normal Robo and box of trix so I decided to use some Gulps I had bought after a strong cup of coffee (don't go to a tackle shop after a trip to Starbucks you will buy anything:) anyway put one on and in the exact same place I was just fishing and not catching anything I got 2 5 lb cat fish back to back on my drop shot rod LOL I have tried them about a total of 45 minutes with only 2 cats to show for it, If they worked I would not care if they dried out, you would just have to treat them like pork trailers but they don't catch bass as far as I can see and from what I have read here. I will stick with my robo's and power worms.
David 371V Rogers