IKEs NEW SHOW

Riverdawg

IKEs NEW SHOW

Post by Riverdawg »

just had the chance to see an episode of Mikey Ikeies new show "CITY LIMITS"

He was in D.C fishing , and went into what he called his " MAD MIKE MODE" he was cussing, etc...

Hasnt he learned a lesson from his other famous EPISODE ????
And here he is on his show bragging about how he went into this "Mad Mike Mode" again. WTF???? :shock:

Maybe he should name it his "Moron Mike Mode"?

~Riverdawg
SHAFT

Re: IKEs NEW SHOW

Post by SHAFT »

I saw the same show he was stuck in traffic for hours , they wouldn't take his out of state check for a fishing license , launched and had boat problems , missed the tides because of all the delays , lost his first fish , and your busten his chops because he was pissed , give the guy a break !
uglystyx

Post by uglystyx »

mad mike mode, or moron mike mode....call it what you want. but that guy is obviously doing something right to be in the top 10 money winners in the industry.
Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you'll get rid of him for and entire weekend.
[img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa148/torresfampix/fishing/boat.jpg[/img]
Old School

Post by Old School »

Mike fished with kb in Sacramento in a previous episode.
R. Duzac

Post by R. Duzac »

Although not a fan of Ike's antics, I enjoyed the shows I have watched. (DC I believe & Sacramento)

It really puts a good perspective that most of us know about, that there are good fishing holes in our back yard.

Local Ponds, Creeks, etc.
I actually think I would enjoy fishing with Mike even with his antics.

Good Show Mike,
Rene
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

He may have talent, etc. But I am old school enough to believe that his actions, vocal & animated, are not what we want young people to follow. There is too much of that bad language and manners as it is anymore. So to put it on TV is not good. It is time to grow up and set a good example beyond fishing. Just my toughts. Bill K :)
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
BassManDan

Post by BassManDan »

I just can't get enough of everyone that bags on Ike! :shock: What's so bad?! Some of you guys think he is some hellspawn demon cause he expresses emotion! Sure, I like my Denny Brauers and my Larry Nixons, but Ike is what the future of bass fishing is. Everyone is gonna have a "gimmick", Skeet is the "Yellow Guy" Jason Quinn is the "long hair, big earings guy" and Ike is the "Bad Boy", and those are the exact reasons you hear these guys names, yes they are great anglers, and will be legends in their own right, but they are seen, and stand out from the crowd!

And c'mon, what person on the face of the planet isn't gonna cuss like a sailor when they break a rod or lose a huge fish right at the boat...the folks who don't do that, those are the folks I don't want to fish with!

Just my 2 centavos,

BassManDan
BassManDan - 1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite

"In the spirit of akido, sh-sh-sh-shaaa."
-Dale Gribble from TV's "King of the Hill"

"It would be the best of all possible worlds were it not for religion."
- John Adams, 1776
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

My mother told me, why back, that the only reason for cussing was to show your lack of vocabulary and ignorance. Why does someone (and you see and hear it more and more with young people) have to being saying the f word every other time in their talk. Go anywhere and just listen to them and it does make you wonder how their parents do and how they brought up the children. Used to be a 647 Penal Code section that made it a misd to speak that way in public. But it sure is not enforced anymore. Times have changed. BIll K :(
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
B Becker

Post by B Becker »

The Chicago episode was cool too, you can watch him break fish off on pylons (zebra mussles)...sorry to bring up that bad word, but just makes me wonder if it will get that bad on the Colorado River lakes.....
Brent Becker

Sponsors:
www.brentbeckerfishing.com
www.skeeterboats.com
www.basspro.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.maxima-lines.com
Steve Ericksen

Post by Steve Ericksen »

What channel is this on?
www.PatTillmanFoundation.com
B Becker

Post by B Becker »

Versus.....it comes on at weird times.....I think Sundays around 9 or 10 in the morning, and then sometimes during the week....that is the schedule here in Vegas.....check your cable provider
Brent Becker

Sponsors:
www.brentbeckerfishing.com
www.skeeterboats.com
www.basspro.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.maxima-lines.com
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

you can see it on friday nights also or it runs again on tuesday morning
bassenvy

Post by bassenvy »

I like the idea of fishing inside the city limits however the chopped up over production and constant narration is a complete letdown. I would much rather watch Mike fish than talk. If they need the filler cause they can't catch the fish how about a background/history on the make up of the waterway.
HiroshimaCustoms.com
ACRon

Post by ACRon »

The show is a neat concept. His day with KB was interesting.

But his stick is getting old. If I screamed like a mad man every time I caught a 13" spot and the first fish of the day everybody would think I was a bigger idiot than I really am. True joy is good his is just for show.
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

I heard mike has rubbed off on KB? Seeing the big fellow break dance, yeah this is how KB rolls! HAR!
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
NickTheLittleStick

Post by NickTheLittleStick »

i think it has everything to do with age. it seems the older you are the more you dis-like ike. im not saying there is anything wrong with dis liking him. but that is your opinion. im sure your taste in music and clothing are alot different then his too. its nothing different then anyother sport that changes year by year with chads new endzone dance, or manny standing at homeplate for 30secs staring at his homerun. im not saying any of these things are good for the sport, but you will always have people that want change, and people who dont. so the only thing i can say to it is if you dont like him, dont watch his show and root against him. but dont put him down as a person cause he does things different then you like.
Get the net!!!!!!
www.swimbaitcity.com
www.deltabassclub.com
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Ike is crazy, I'd love to fish with the guy. He just seems like a fun guy to be around. Sure he's got a temper but not everyone is a role model and just because he's a pro bass fisherman doesn't mean he has to act like a role model.
Nick_Barr

Post by Nick_Barr »

I have personally met Ike and worked a sportsman's show with him. He is a real down to earth guy, he is very nice to kids and adults alike, he has a great attitude with the youth and is always offering to help. I would love to fish with him. He is a little excentric and does have a temper, don't we all? But on TV, that a different story.

Though, I do have to say that I am not liking his show that much, he sorta explains the actual fishing and there is a lot of meaningless, annoying narration. Also, he blows up when he catches a 2 pound smallie and goes nuts, heck yes I get excited when I catch a decent fish, but I dont prolong it to the point where it looks (or actually is) just for show.

But he is doing something right, look where he is at.

Though there is an opposite, such as CHARLIE INGRAM, I cannot stand his show, I love my traditional down home boys like Brauer, Biffle, Nixon, Clunn, but Charlie Ingram I think needs to just go fish and drop the show. He loves putting his name on everything and I really do not learn a thing from his show.

Overall Ike's show is on the DVR, but it is closer to back seat priority.

WHY DID ESPN CANCEL DENNY BRAUERS SHOW!!!!! I loved it!!!
http://www.NickBarrFishing.com
President, Eastern Washington University Sportsman's Club
Shad*Wizard

Post by Shad*Wizard »

I like Mike's show...Watched one of em' twice and didn't get bored the second time I watched it...No need for the cussing though, but if he yells too loud, I just hit the mute button on the remote for awhile...Mike is Mike, you ain't going to change him...Would like to see him on a show running the delta harbors/marinas at night, say Ladd's, Big Break Harbor, or Lincoln Village West... Hey Mike, don't throw around the lights, them stripers love the lights at night...Easy pickens'...

Would like to see him on The BASS Pros along with VanDam, Clunn, and Horton...I've heard him talk about threadfin shad before and everything he mentioned had validity...The man knows shad, I like that...Wouldn't mind taking him out with my shad buddies one night say up to Sugar Cut and then Mossdale and show him how we run wild shad...The Stockton Turning Basin might be a little rough for anyone who hasn't been there at night though...We'd stick to the south delta for sure!...

Shad*Wizard out...

Team KacieFish Invents...
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Bill K wrote:My mother told me, why back, that the only reason for cussing was to show your lack of vocabulary and ignorance. Why does someone (and you see and hear it more and more with young people) have to being saying the f word every other time in their talk. Go anywhere and just listen to them and it does make you wonder how their parents do and how they brought up the children. Used to be a 647 Penal Code section that made it a misd to speak that way in public. But it sure is not enforced anymore. Times have changed. BIll K :(
Bill,
You hit the nail on the head. It's our job as parents to teach our kids enough values that seeing someone cussing, or acting a fool, doesn't inspire them to do it, too.
If we do our job, the behaviour of some that we don't agree with will be pot holes in our kids' life roads, not detours.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
912nitro

Post by 912nitro »

Ike is what the future of bass fishing is ????? you cant be serious....
You actually think society, much , less th ebunch of red necks in america will accept & condone that type of behavior?
If you were ikes father you would be OK with everything he has said & done??
Wise men STILL seek Him....
g-man

Post by g-man »

912nitro wrote:Ike is what the future of bass fishing is ????? you cant be serious....
You actually think society, much , less th ebunch of red necks in america will accept & condone that type of behavior?
If you were ikes father you would be OK with everything he has said & done??
when did rednecks become the American way?? We live in a society of many different people. Whites, Mexicans, black, etc, etc. How you dress, or what music you listen to makes no difference. So Ike is different, so what the dudes a stick! I think you guys are being a little to harsh on him. Because hes not like you that makes you better?? I think not! We all make mistakes in life!! If everyone was the same this world would be one boring place....Give the guy a break!
100% LL