FLW Clear Lake

Randy Walker

FLW Clear Lake

Post by Randy Walker »

Congrats to my buddy Phil Garcia....he pulled off the WIN!!!
the leader only came in with 4 fish...only needed like 7.11 lbs to wind and only had 6 somthing.....to give Phil the win..

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! :D
JimmyReese

Re: FLW Clear Lake

Post by JimmyReese »

Wow!

Great job Phil!
Last year He was a co-angler that I fished with. That is great...to bad for Curtiss that will be painful. One thing in fishing that I have learned is never take anything for granite(sp my daughter is not here to spell check me!) Have you ever weighed in a huge sack thinking you have it won and only to be let down, yeah Dobyns has done that to me way to many times. One time brossard and I had 41 pounds and took 3rd, then there are times you feel like you just gave up the tourney and you found out everyone else was bad too!
after weigh in yesterday I was talking to phil and he was confident, I asked him if he could fish his areas in the wind! he said no problem, I asked him to go ask curtiss the same question.....Not sure if he did but we know the answer!

When is it time to step up to the plate and go PRO?

This is great for our sport! Great job Phil!

Jimmy Reese
shifterpilot2001

Post by shifterpilot2001 »

Anyone know the final results for top ten on each side?... FLW website has no results for today...

Thanks... Mike
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

They're up now...

Congratulations to the winner! Also, congratulations to Sean Stafford for 5th place, and to Brian Nollar for 6th... way to go!

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Mike Tuck

Post by Mike Tuck »

Congrats Phil! What a way to start off a career. I'm hurting for wade, i've been there and wouldn't wish that on anyone. But hey it looks like we've found a new "money house". Keep up the good work fellas, and it looks like you guys will actually have more fun at mead than C.L. :shock: :shock:

Mike Tuck

P.S. Jimmy don't look back cause this year the roles are reversed, and I'll be waiting if you happen upon a bananna peel :lol:
Dude you're off the hook, going for 3 AOY's in a row!!! C'mon
Bob Myskey

Post by Bob Myskey »

Hey Phil, great job bud, it was nice talking with you yesterday and thanks for reminding me we fished together in a pro am a few years back, my memory is not as sharp as it use to be. Be proud, you beat 199 pros and many of them I would consider to be the best in the West. Your bags were consistent every day and you brought in the biggest bag on day four in what I would call one of the most brutal days I have seen on Clear Lake in a long time. I know personally I could not have fished as well as you did and I guide on the lake. Guess that's why I decided not to fish this one.
""Great Job""you fished well and you worked with your co angler and he aslo won. ""Good Deeds"" do pay off. ""it was nice to see it happen"" my best to you, Myskey, www.fishclearlake.com
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

I don't know what else to add Phil..You did great..

CONGRATULATIONS..
\
mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
kopper_bass

Post by kopper_bass »

Phil,
Great job - congradulations!
You've been working hard and putting in your time - you deserved this win. Now you stand amongst great company, so keep up the great work and dont forget us little people :D !

Cheers buddy. I am happy for ya,

Kopper_Bass
booyaa_az

Post by booyaa_az »

How did the guy do that was in second the first two days?
Steve_Morgan

Post by Steve_Morgan »

Yes ... well done Phil. It's never over until it's over!

Thanks to all of the guys and girls I met over there .... I was the Aussie driving Mike North's Honda/Triton that landed my PB (by 4 pounds) on day one.

I can appreciate the skill of you guys that can find fish day after day..... or maybe I need to go largemouth fishing more than a week a year!

Cheers!

Steve Morgan
Check out Aussie barramundi (www.australianbarra.com.au) if you want a chance to catch 60lb lake fish on topwaters...
gman20475

Post by gman20475 »

Phil,
great job dude and congrats on your first win.. it was cool hearing your story last night and glad one of my buddies won it. It's cool because you just started your pro career and to think we were fishing Future pro a few years ago. You, Justin , Roy, and taylor are an inspiration to many of us and give alot of folks hope to step up their game to the next level. good job and good luck in the future. Keep in touch and my offer still stands... lets get on the water soon.

gabe
gabe

AC Plugs http://www.acplugs.com/index.htm
Powell Rods http://www.powellco.com/index.html
Falcon Lures http://www.fishingworld.com/FalconLures/
Mossdale Boats / Basscat www.mossdale-boats.com
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

Wade needed one more fish to win and its just didn't happen for him. I would like to congratulate my good friend for doing so well anyways. I would be stoked to finish that well against so many good anglers. Sean Stafford did a great job as well, and so did my other friend Ron Colby. It was tough with 3 guys I know very well in the top 10. I wanted them all to win!

Hey $10K for 2nd isn't that bad :wink: You'll get them next year Wade!
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

Yea...congrats! It was fun fishing with Phil on Day 4. Phil is a real gentleman and a great stick....nothing like catching a limit in about 12 minutes!

Nice that 2 Federation guys won this!

Scott
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com