We've Lost a Friend In Kyle Clements!

Peety

We've Lost a Friend In Kyle Clements!

Post by Peety »

Gang, I've edited the original post and topic line to place it at the top of the Forum, where I feel it should reside.

For those who are just now reading this, Pat & Kyle Clements were involved in a horrible boating accident over the weekend, and it is all but certain that Kyle has drowned, and the search for his body continues.

I encourage each and everyone of you reading this, whether ya knew Pat and Kyle or not, to jump in this thread and share your thoughts, support, strengths, prayers and encourgament for the Clements family. They need, every ounce we've got to give!

Cooch and The Entire Staff at WesternBass.COM

DeltaDan

Re: Anybody have any news on the Delta bass boat accident to

Post by DeltaDan »

~~> http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sectio ... id=6134690

Here is a quote from another place on the WWW ..

MR-Tatored wrote:Saw it. It was in taylor. It was a open bow family type boat. Ran about 50' down the rocks and back into the water and sunk. The bow was floating. Coats gaurd and FD showed up. Its gone now. They towed it out.
Last edited by DeltaDan on Sat May 10, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
Vince Lazzeroni

Post by Vince Lazzeroni »

Prayers are with those folks.
Last edited by Vince Lazzeroni on Mon May 12, 2008 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
whazup

Post by whazup »

Looks like there were two accidents Sat. One at Bethel and one on the Stockton deepwater channel. Someone is missing in the latter.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Another sad reminder to always wear that PFD and attach the kill switch. Never good to loose someone to a accident, when it probably could have been avoided. Bill K :cry:
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
Burke

Stockton Boat Accident

Post by Burke »

Here's this morning's article on the accident in the Stockton Deep Water Channel:

STOCKTON - A search for a boater ejected from a vessel Saturday evening in the Deep Water Channel was called off after sunset, but will be resumed this morning, the San Joaquin County Sheriff's Office reported.

The boater was driving the vessel with one passenger at around in the Deep Water Channel, four miles west of Buckley Cove, when the jolt from a powerful wake knocked the driver into the water, said Sheriff's Office spokesman Deputy Dave Konecny.

The first 911 call came in at 6:49 p.m., Konecny said. Konecny did not know the man's age or city of residence. Boat crews from the Sheriff's Office and the Coast Guard, along with a Coast Guard helicopter, searched for the man until a little after sunset.

The passenger was safe and unharmed, Konecny said.
Cooch

Re: Stockton Boat Accident

Post by Cooch »

The passenger was Pat Clements, the driver was his son Kyle! Our heartfelt condolances and prayers go out to the Clements family!!!
Last edited by Cooch on Sun May 11, 2008 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gator

Post by Gator »

I have so many cuss words I wanna say right now it's not even funny....but I will leave my post with a prayer for the Clements family......"Lord, bless this family. Look over them in this time of need. Amen"
Mike

Post by Mike »

Very sad! Please people wear your life vest in the memory of Kyle.

My condolances go out to Pat and is family.
OG on WB since 1993
kb

Post by kb »

I have been in a bit of a daze since I heard this late this afternoon. Words don't cover how devasted I feel. My thoughts and prayers are with Pat and Trina. I have always admired Pat's relationship with his kids. I drew Kyle three times in the past and was very fond of him.

Wear your lifejackets please guys!

kb
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

My GOD I can.t believe it.Pat my prayers are with you and your family Johnny Martinez.
Dewayne

Re: Our thoughts are with the Clements Family

Post by Dewayne »

Kyle was an outstanding young man and we will all miss him.

Please people, wear your life vests at all times.

Rest in Peace Kyle.
Dewayne
Sean Graf

Re: Our thoughts are with the Clements Family

Post by Sean Graf »

Absolute tradgedy, our hearts go out to the family and friends.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

I still can't believe it. Kyle was a great young man. I feel sick for Pat and Trina. Please wear your PFD's and kill switches. I am in a daze.
g

Post by g »

very sorry to here this clements family
I admirred the dedication to the sport
and will miss Kyle in the top of the standings
very sorry again gary gaunt
gt5bass

Post by gt5bass »

Horrible news indeed.

My prayers go out to the Clements family for their loss.

The bass fishing community has also lost a great asset as well.

PLEASE make it HABIT to wear your PFD and kill switch whether it be practice, fun fishing, or just a trip out on the water. If the big motor is running, zip it, clip it and attach it! This kind of loss effects us all.

Kyle my friend, you will be missed.

Gary
Marty

Post by Marty »

It is hard to say anything at a time like this. I meet Kyle Clement at Havasu in 2006 as he was also fishing as a Co-Angler and we talked since we were staying at the same hotel. Since then when we seen each other at different events we would say hi or just acknowledge each other. Since then when Kyle had a win or a good finish at a tournament (and he had quite few) I would say to myself I know him and I would think back to our conversation in Havasu. He was well manner respectful young man that will be missed.

Please pray that God welcomed Kyle and granted him peace within His sacred embrace; that He prepared a special place for him and has given him a new eternal life; that all of his family and friends who preceded him were there to welcome him; that He will comfort his family and friends still here on earth who mourn his passing and will wipe away their tears of sorrow; that He will look with love and compassion on Kyle’s family and friends as they attempt to come to grips with his sudden passing and face a future without his physical presence; and that his memories and the passing of time will lessen their sense of loss.

Marty
Ron C

Post by Ron C »

This is devastating news. I remember Kyle when he would show up for his father's weigh-ins many many years ago. This one has hit very close to home and is very painful.

Our thoughts and prayers to Pat and Trina and their family and friends.

God Bless You.

Ron C
Steve Reed

Post by Steve Reed »

unbelievable... very sad indeed.
Monsterfishingtackle.com
sTony

Post by sTony »

Words escape me. This is just way to close to home. Our deepest sympathy and condolences go out to Pat and family.

sTony
Hardshell

Post by Hardshell »

Unreal, our deepest sympathy goes out to Pat and his family.

Steve & Vicky Greene
Pat

Post by Pat »

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Clement family. We are so sorry to hear this tragic news. They are truly a fishing family within our fishing family.

Pat & Kate Dilling
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

Condolences to Pat and his family. This is sad beyond words.
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
Iafrate94505

Post by Iafrate94505 »

My deepest Condolences, our hearts go out to the family.

Please wear your PFD's.

RIP Kyle.
Mark Hiser

Post by Mark Hiser »

I am at a loss for words, Our condolences and prayers for Pat, Trina and family.

Mark and Jana Hiser
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

My condolences to kyles family and friends..I was listening to the news yesterday evening and another tragic event occured at Sherman Isaland..If may count is correct and I hope it isn't that makes three accidents for the weekend with the loss of at least two lives..Please lets all be super careful out there..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

Hard to reply to this with wet eyes. Great family in our sport..I hate to report bad news but on the news this morning there was another accident in Sherman Lake...To many boats on this pond..My deepest regrets to the Clements family.
http://www.dobynsrods.com
Darkman

Post by Darkman »

to his family...lord bless thee and keep thee....and may you fell HIS embrace....I am truly sorry for your loss.
ERICK PRADO...Peace
Mike

Post by Mike »

Johnny C wrote:I hate to report bad news but on the news this morning there was another accident in Sherman Lake...

I saw this on the news last night. It was 2 older guys in a fishing boat when 1 slipped overboard. Not a bass boat, but none the less. Sure hits home..... :cry:
OG on WB since 1993
Chad L. Dwyer

Post by Chad L. Dwyer »

Our prayers are being sent for the entire family.

Chad L. Dwyer
StockOption

Post by StockOption »

Condolences to the Clement family.

May god bless this family in their hour of need.
Kurt
Kevin Evans - Kap

Post by Kevin Evans - Kap »

My Heartfelt condolences to his family.

God bless,
Kap
You cant fix stupid, but you can vote it out...
kopper_bass

Post by kopper_bass »

WOW- i am just shocked and heart broken.

MY sincere condolences to Pat and the entire Clement Family in this saddened time. May you find comfort and peace.

Kopper_Bass (Joe Kopp)
Nobody remembers who came in 2nd place. Fish Hard - Play Hard!
Colebass

WOW! I'm just sick!

Post by Colebass »

This is such a tragedy!

Out hearts go out to Pat and his family! I have often admired Pat and Kyles relationship. To see the two together was always a great site at Tournaments, this will be truly missed.
Dave Cole
NaCl

In 1989...Pat Clement was

Post by NaCl »

fishing a West Coast Bass Pro-Am at Clearlake. I was fishing it as an Am and staying at the same motel. Late one night during pre-fish, I couldn't sleep and when I went out for a walk past a long row of bass boats, there was one guy sitting under a street light rigging for the next day. It was Pat Clement.

We talked for about a half hour...he encouraged me, showed me some rigging and, when I asked him about the money side of fishing as a "Pro"...he shared the truth with me abotu the costs and financial potential. This open and honest discussion brought me deeper into tournament bass fishing and helped me enjoy the next 20 years in this sport.

Kyle's death is stunning, especially knowing Pat's long history of love for this sport. Let's honor his son's life by using our PFD's and kill switches ANY time the big motor is running. Yes, I have been one of the regular offenders of this rule, but I will never again make this mistake. God bless you, Kyle!

.....NaCl
SCOTT GREEN

Post by SCOTT GREEN »

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Clement family. God bless this family at this time.... Scott Green and family
blkdog812
Location: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be

Re: Delta bass boat accident. wake up call

Post by blkdog812 »

all our thoughts and prayers to the family.

guys this should be a big wake up call to wear ur life jackets and attach ur killl switches.
Rich reeser

Post by Rich reeser »

My thoughts and prayers are with Pat and his family. This is a horrible tragedy. I am so sorry to hear of this.

Rich
Mark Pollard

Post by Mark Pollard »

Are prayers go out to the Clements family.
Mark Pollard
Coldwell Banker Vinson Chase
www.Teampollard.net For Central Valley Real Estate...
www.gfmarine.com for Nitro, and Skeeter Bass Boats...
www.savephace.com
www.teampollardfishing.com
buck64

Post by buck64 »

So sorry to hear of this terrible loss,prayers are with Pat and his family.
Bev Payne

Post by Bev Payne »

:( :( I am just devasted about this horrible tradegy. I have been going to tournaments since the early 70's, and I have seen Kyle grow-up into the fine young man he was. I know Pat and Trina are at wits end, You are in Don and my thoughts and prayers. We all will miss him tremendously. Take care Bev and Don Payne
meanstick

Post by meanstick »

I fished with Pat back in the 80's and always respected him. Sorry for loss. My prayers are with the family.
Pro bass fishing guide and instructor
DPetty

Post by DPetty »

Lord, please bless the Clement family with comfort and understanding in this time of tragic tribulation.
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

God is with you Kyle, I remember our talks on and off the water. He is being taken care of. Pat, I am at a loss for words. You and your wife raised a great man. great people ,great family. We are so sorry. The Hamilton Family
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Bill Swearingen

Such Devastating News:

Post by Bill Swearingen »

Reading this horrific news just this morning on this web site hit me like a ton of bricks and made me feel numb to the core! Knowing and loving the Clement family as I do, I know that this is a blow that they may never recover from' particularly Pat! He and Kyle shared something special in more then a great father and son relationship, they were also best friends in which I spoke with both of them this past Friday in anticipation of meeting up with them while they were down from Andersen to fish the Stren tournament.

I met Pat twenty five years ago while we were both fishing the old Merle Haggard tournament at Lake Shasta and I had the good luck of drawing Pat on day one and we became fast friends...life time friends! I had dinner with Pat and Trina that very evening and I'm proud to say that I've been the closest of friends with the entire Clement family ever since. All of these years watching Pat's children grow up into young adults and how Pat and Trina would always talk about how proud they were of all of their kids while always participating in all of their activities! Nothing was and is more imortant to Pat and Trina then being involved with their kids at every level! I really enjoyed spending a lot of time with Kyle when Pat started bringing him along to the tournaments at a pretty young age, which he absolutely loved the fishing and hanging out with his dad and his dad's friends! Words can never come close to describe how crushed I am in just thinking about what a sweet and loving person Kyle will always remain in our hearts and minds!

Many thanks to Diane and Brett Leber for keeping me abreast on the current well being of Pat, Trina and family during this horrible time. I will be with Pat and Trina on Tuesday and will print out and pass along to them all of the wonderful messages of love and support to the family that I've read on this great web site which I'm sure will give them an added source of strength in trying to deal with this incomprehensible tragedy...Thank You All!

God Bless the Clement Family!
CN

Re: Such Devastating News:

Post by CN »

To the Clement family please accept my condolence's

You will be in my prayer's.

Mike Nance
Jeff Jewell

Post by Jeff Jewell »

First it was Gary getting throw and now Kyle. This has to be a life changing event to those who don't wear thier PFD's ( me included) Wear them folks, they don't work if you don't. Let's not let this tragedy be in vain.............
When in Doubt " Set the Hook"
Buzzbait

Post by Buzzbait »

Jeff Jewell wrote:First it was Gary getting throw and now Kyle. This has to be a life changing event to those who don't wear thier PFD's ( me included) Wear them folks, they don't work if you don't. Let's not let this tragedy be in vain.............
You are so right.

I am extremely sad for the families here who lost a valued member.
[img]http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/16813/7d/www.walmart.com/i/catalog/modules/G0040/walmart_logo2.gif[/img]
Riverdawg

Post by Riverdawg »

GOD SPEED TO THE FAMILY!

~AMEN

Riverdawg
Larry Hemphill

Post by Larry Hemphill »

I had heard about the accident on the news but just found out who was involved just now. I did not know Kyle but I sure know Pat and have been priviledged to work with him during weekend bass events. Pat, your family will be on my prayer list. I am deeply sorry and I hurt for you.