How do you store your Basstrix baits?

StockOption

How do you store your Basstrix baits?

Post by StockOption »

I was wondering what some of you may be doing to store your Basstrix baits so the tails and overall action of the bait stay intact? I've had a few of these baits "flatten" out and I'd like to prevent this from happening in the future if I can. It seems like the Basstrix baits are especially susceptible to this given their overall soft makeup. I also keep them away from heat and direct sunlight that is a must.
Kurt
g-man

Re: How do you store your Basstrix baits?

Post by g-man »

I just toss them in a plano box never had a problem. You wanna toss yours in mine too?
100% LL
StockOption

Post by StockOption »

g-man wrote:I just toss them in a plano box never had a problem. You wanna toss yours in mine too?
Ummm....no.

I've had some flatten out in the ole plano box was hoping there was a better way. Perhaps not.
Kurt
bass smacker

Post by bass smacker »

I was just thinking of this. seems thay would get all flatend out or twisted up in a plano.
Marty

Post by Marty »

StockOption,

Read your post last night and woke up with this idea – you have seen those racks at the store that hold potato chips in a clip (fastener) in a vertical position, one on top of each other? Need something like that – that way you can clip your Basstrix baits into and place under your locker door. That way when you open the locker door they (Basstrix) would be hanging for easy selection. You would use the original bag that the baits came in for storage. If fact you could use it for all kinds of baits that come in some type of bag!

Let me work on it and I will get back to you – I enjoy making something up that can be used!

Marty
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

g-man wrote:I just toss them in a plano box never had a problem. You wanna toss yours in mine too?

hehehhe NICE
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I think I saw that on a show or a video once, It looked like a great idea. I haven't been able to find a way to buy those little strips with the clips yet.
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

I just keep them in the package, in a plano I cut all the dividers out of. I just flip the box over every now and again to rotate what side there sitting on. (easy to do since I spend most of my time fishing in my boxes.) Havent had a problem yet.
Marty

Post by Marty »

Ok this is what I come up with – what do you guys think?

I when to “Staplesâ€
Scott L

Post by Scott L »

Here is one product www.easyviewtackle.com and there was another vendor that did something that your baits with exposed hooks hung on, but I don't remember who had it.

Scott
StockOption

Post by StockOption »

Sorry.

My whole point in starting this thread was that some of my Basstrix baits have gotten twisted with the tail and flat part of the paddletail curling and twisting. This seems to happen mainly to the 6" Basstrix paddletail baits due to their softness and paddletail design. It does not seem to matter how they are stored. I fixed most of my twisted baits by hanging them off the edge of a table with the paddletail underneath a heavy square piece of metal.

It seems like I'd like to store them hung by their tails with the paddletail portion held flat and perpendicular to the body. Overall it seems like these baits may be too soft and therefore not hold up very well to any type of long term storage.
Kurt