Powered Trailer Mover?

Pil9rotten

Powered Trailer Mover?

Post by Pil9rotten »

I have looked around on the net and was wondering if there was an electric or gas powered trailer dolly out there for around $500.00. My new place has a huge driveway and a garage that fits the boat but the street is narrow and there's a utility pole at the end of my driveway so it can get really tight backing into the driveway when the neighbors are parked on the opposite side of the street. Once in the driveway, I can move everything by hand but cant push the boat over the driveway where it meets the street. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Kenji
Andy Giannini

Re: Powered Trailer Mover?

Post by Andy Giannini »

How about a self propelled rototiller modified to be a dolly?

A used candidate for the experiment could be come by pretty cheap.

How about a hitch up front on your tow vehicle?

.02 A.G.
"If you can't win, at LEAST catch the Big Fish!"
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

A hitch/ball on your front bumper would probably be the least exspensive way to go. Good control and you are able to see better when pushing the boat/trailer into tight places.
I have seen a motorized unit, in the back of some boat books, that will do what you want also. But for the life of me I can not locate a ad or ph # right now. Bill K :)
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

check the airplane parts/sales websites, they use these for moving the planes around via electric motor/battery, should be easily adaptable. they can be pricey though

or

http://www.aero-tow.com/lilsherman.htm

"I'll just drop it on their head, and then rip their lips off with a TV hookset..." <i>unnamed angler when discussing how he fishes a jig</i>
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

I've seen them somewhere, but can't remember where? The ones I saw were similar to what MikeD put out, but were specifically for moving trailers around... they weren't overly-expensive as I recall.

As I recall, someone had a rig on his trailer at the first Bass-A-Thon I attended, which had a battery and a motor built in... can't remember the details, but hit Rick Grover up or call him at Anglers Marine and I'm sure he could provide some details?

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Lookin4Bass

Post by Lookin4Bass »

Try googling Trailer Dollies. It returns quite a few links to companies that manufacture them as well as some discussion threads.
LHayes

Post by LHayes »

tunaman

Post by tunaman »

That's the one I saw... may have been at the Fred Hall's show? Looked really well-built, and wasn't too prohibitively expensive.

Roger
Reel Guy

Post by Reel Guy »

This is what I use go to http://www.powercaster.com/ it works grate. I have a Ranger 520 with tandem axel. They have three sizes I use the small one. This unit will push my boat up and over a curb with no problem. I bought on this site from Lee Rice he had two of them, and only needed one. If you want to call me I can tell you more about It. 707 359 4399.

Reel Guy
Last edited by Reel Guy on Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top'r

Post by Top'r »

I bought mine from PowerMoversInc 2 years ago. I needed it to move my boat into the parking stall when I lived at the Condos on Dutch Slough. I bought the AC2 model. It has 2 drive wheels, and it pushed and pulled my 95 Champion on a tandem axle trailer with ease. Since I moved, I don't need to use it anymore to park my boat. I payed $900.00 plus shipping. I'll sell it to ya for $650.00 deliver it locally ( Bay Area ) and help you install the coupler to your boat trailer.
Clay Sutterfield
Top'r

Post by Top'r »

I forgot to leave my number. If your interested, give me a call.
(707) 373 - 1158,,,Clay
Dan Stahlman

Post by Dan Stahlman »

I'll go along with Bill. Front bumper ball and you can thread a needle with it. Bit of a pain to unhook and rehook but about the same as unhooking and hooking up the power pusher.
GW

Post by GW »

Norval Chan has an electric one I think to move his Triton around. He should chime in when he see this.

Another way to solve the problem is move out of the city....some fine county air would be good! HA HA

See ya

GW
Norv

Post by Norv »

Yes, I use a Power Caster PC-3 to navigate my Triton w/tandem axles up my driveway and into a single door garage. The driveway has a slight rise to it and the door is at an angle to the garage. The clearance between the fenders and the door frame is about 3 inches on each side and when I get inside the garage there are boxes on each side of the trailer and the clearance is less than 2 inches. But, with the Power Caster I have no problems. The unit has enough power to slide the tires. I think you could actually spin the trailer completely around!!! Without the Power Caster it would be impossible for me to push the trailer up the driveway and turn it into the garage.

If you are going up the curb it might be better to get the unit with two tires because if it's wet you might need the extra traction.

I looked at the battery powered units, but decided to get the A/C power and eliminate the need to charge the batteries.

The Power Mover is a knock off of the Power Caster. It's a little lighter in construction and if I remember doesn't have a chain guard.

Here are the web sites for both units http://www.powercaster.com/index.html
http://www.powermoverinc.net/htmls/pmaccarts.html

The unit that Clay wants to sell is a good buy because they are heavy and if you have to pay freight it would be very expensive. I think they were going to charge me $150 to ship it from LA to Sacramento. Luckily I had a friend that was going down and he brought it back for me.

I highly recommend these dollys for anyone that has to manuver a tandem trailer. They make life so much easier.
Norval Chan

ESOX Rods
Put a Sock on It
Xtreme Reel+
Peregrine 250
Water Dog
Eagle Eye
California Community Credit Union