US Open Cheater?

JamesH

US Open Cheater?

Post by JamesH »

The blog just posted that they caught a Southern California Angler with lead weights in the belly of their fish..... no mention of name....

James
JKitz

Re: US Open Cheater?

Post by JKitz »

JamesH wrote:The blog just posted that they caught a Southern California Angler with lead weights in the belly of their fish..... no mention of name....

James
I cant wait to find out who it is. What a P.O.S.

Come on. Do you really have to stoop to cheating to win a fishing tournament.

I think there should be a precedence of banning a person for life from all tournaments. Then they can learn how to cheat at bowling or softball...

What a punk!!
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

If the word I got is true, everyone is in for a real shock. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out...

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

I too am interested to find out... There are a few guys out there that Ive never trusted....I guess we will just have to wait and see...

Pete 8)
PeteMarinoGuideService.com
JKitz

Post by JKitz »

tunaman wrote:If the word I got is true, everyone is in for a real shock. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out...

Roger
Come on man.. Spill the beans...

Inquiring minds want to know..

I know, I know. You dont want to say anything if its not true. But heck, another So Cal person(s) caught cheating. That's giving a crappy fisherman like me a bad name...
Sinjin Kim

Post by Sinjin Kim »

I'll get the rope, who has a big enough tree in their front yard? :shock:
azbass1

Post by azbass1 »

Well you can certainly narrow the list down by looking at the results for day 2 and the guys with dead fish penalties from So Cal... The thing that makes it suck even worse is that I assume they can't allow the weights for each day's partner either so that mean 3 other guys get screwed too
--------------------
Todd Harris
JKitz

Post by JKitz »

Sinjin Kim wrote:I'll get the rope, who has a big enough tree in their front yard? :shock:
I say we "stone" them with lead weights
sTony

Post by sTony »

Been confirmed now. The angler was Mike Hart.

sTony
flipit

Post by flipit »

JKitz wrote:
tunaman wrote:If the word I got is true, everyone is in for a real shock. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out...

Roger
Come on man.. Spill the beans...

Inquiring minds want to know..

I know, I know. You dont want to say anything if its not true. But heck, another So Cal person(s) caught cheating. That's giving a crappy fisherman like me a bad name...
Im wanting to know also. I hate the tease part of this not telling who it is.
Fishing should be fun.
whazup

Post by whazup »

Maybe a stupid question but, will a bass "pass" a weight? If a "loaded" bass is weighed and released, (undetected) wouldn't it be possible for the next angler to catch the same fish and not know it was loaded? Not saying that happened here because this guy apparently tried it two different days. Just a hypothetical....
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

sTony wrote:Been confirmed now. The angler was Mike Hart.

sTony
I don't believe it.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
JKitz

Post by JKitz »

sTony
If that's true.. Then that makes the Castaic Tournaments WFO!!

WOW!!!

Seriously!!

Makes you wonder about all that cash Mike has Won at Castaic..

I will wait for the Official Offical word before I start to seriously blast them
Rob Dickson

Post by Rob Dickson »

and pyramid
mattwarner

Post by mattwarner »

didnt he win the tri states teams last year for won bass on lake mead....if its the same guy, they were questioning his fish last year also. and then not to mention the co angler not reporting it to the officials!! wow!!!!
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Could be one of bassfishings saddest days if that is true. Shocked is an understatement. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
TXRIGGED

Post by TXRIGGED »

He could've shoved the weights in while the co-angler was up getting his truck/trailer. But seriously, how many weights was he jammin' in 'em? If it's true, and he did it with the co-angler present, I hope the co-angler fesses up and there leaves no room for speculation, just fact.
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Oh My Effing God... I cant believe it and dont want to beleive it.

Ive ALWAYS held Mike Hart in high regard...I will wait to pass judgement until all the facts come out...
Im trouble by this because Ive always looked up to him...

Say it aint so Mike..

Pete 8)
PeteMarinoGuideService.com
Mike

Post by Mike »

Cheating is a big problem in Bass tournaments right now. Makes me sick. If this is true I hope Won Bass presses charges to the fullest extent of the law. Maybe that will send a message to the others.
OG on WB since 1993
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

sTony
I won't believe this until it is proven that he did it and not his AAA.
sTony

Post by sTony »

buddy brown wrote:

sTony

That's what I was thinking but he did fish with two separate AAA's on day two and three.

If it is true and proven, then it is a very sad day for our sport.

sTony
TXRIGGED

Post by TXRIGGED »

I was just gonna ask about legal ramifications. Just add up the money he won in WON Bass So-Cal Region events this year. That money is probably already spent, but I wonder if WON Bass could go after that money.

I'd say if he has to repay that amount, it gets evenly distributed amongst the anglers by percentage of participation and rank for each of the tournaments.

What a mess.
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

buddy brown wrote:

sTony
....and this is exactly why WON better press charges. I have never understood cheating. What is the point? Do you need money that bad?
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

buddy brown wrote:I won't believe this until it is proven that he did it and not his AAA.
Couldnt' have been the AAA, as they switch up every day.

I'm still hoping there is some explanation, as I can't believe it myself... sounds like solid evidence and strong confirmation but I'll wait to hear it from official channels before I truly believe it.

Roger
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

IF this is true, and I say IF, it will be one of the saddest days in California bass fishing. I, too have always held Mike in the highest regard and will continue to do so until it is proven that he was to blame.

Damn
Dobyns Rods
biteme

Post by biteme »

Robert F wrote:
buddy brown wrote:

sTony
....and this is exactly why WON better press charges. I have never understood cheating. What is the point? Do you need money that bad?
EGO, man to do it two days in a row is liking spitting in the face of other anglers.
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

yep I agree Tony. Another scenario is that someone else loaded these fish days or weeks ahead of time in a given area and he caught these fish that were preloaded on day one and two cause he was fishing the same water. I still doubt he did this until he is proven guilty. dude does not need to do chit like that.
Gerryjig

Post by Gerryjig »

WOW...... :cry: :cry:
Gerryjig OUT!
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Whomever it is, it doesnt sound like blaming his AAA is an option. It happened on two different days with two different AAA's.

If this is true, the individual does need to be prosecuted, but that would depend on Nevada State law.

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Bill Cook

Re: US Open Cheater?*NM*

Post by Bill Cook »

*NM*
Last edited by Bill Cook on Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dobyns Rods
Mike

Post by Mike »

He won 7 out of 8 Won Bass southern tournaments this year! Wow. He is good
OG on WB since 1993
leachman90

Post by leachman90 »

If true it is total BS for his AAA.I mean you have 2,3,4 or more days of pre fish in ungodly hot weather. Then to go out and fish 3 more days of what might be some of the toughest tournament conditions because of the heat to have one of your days weight taken away. I know I was out there and it was hard just o keep fishing at times. Very sad(if true)GB..Jim
www.insideline.net/index.php/forum
1fishman

CONFIRMED" US Open Cheater?

Post by 1fishman »

"WOW" Mike Hart" Of So Cal~ Cheating in the US OPEN" Confirmed by many, Weights in the dead fish.... VERN HAS THE WEIGHTS IN HAND...
gixxer464

Re: CONFIRMED" US Open Cheater?

Post by gixxer464 »

Game Over.
JeffJ

Post by JeffJ »

Wow I can't believe it!
Jeff Jue
Skeeter Boats
Bob's Machine Shop
Powell Rods
Perigrine 250
California Reservoir Lures
Amphibia Eye Wear
rangerz20

Post by rangerz20 »

:o
leachman90

Post by leachman90 »

TXRIGGED wrote:I was just gonna ask about legal ramifications. Just add up the money he won in WON Bass So-Cal Region events this year. That money is probably already spent, but I wonder if WON Bass could go after that money.

I'd say if he has to repay that amount, it gets evenly distributed amongst the anglers by percentage of participation and rank for each of the tournaments.

What a mess.
Just like in the Rose case in Texas, don't think there is anything they can do about past tournaments. No proof any thing was going on.
www.insideline.net/index.php/forum
Sinjin Kim

Post by Sinjin Kim »

I am in a bit of a rush but I just got a call and was asked to write this.

The co-angler was a pro from S. Korea. From the story that I've gathered, the co-angler was asked to grab the trolling motor while the boater was doing something in the back (culling I am expecting). That is all that the co-angler knows.
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Alright, just to lighten everyone up here:

Question: Why was there so much fish mortality at this year's US Open?
Lead poisoning! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a laughing matter, but just trying to provide a little levity here! Sorry guys and gals!

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
whazup

Post by whazup »

TXRIGGED wrote:I was just gonna ask about legal ramifications. Just add up the money he won in WON Bass So-Cal Region events this year. That money is probably already spent, but I wonder if WON Bass could go after that money.

What a mess.
It also becomes a legal matter. In the Rose case in Texas, he was charged with a felony for trying to "steal" a $55,000.00 boat. (top prize) ( I think Rose plea-bargained)
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
Rob Dickson

Post by Rob Dickson »

tunaman wrote:Alright, just to lighten everyone up here:

Question: Why was there so much fish mortality at this year's US Open?
Lead poisoning! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a laughing matter, but just trying to provide a little levity here! Sorry guys and gals

Roger
That's just wrong :lol:
Last edited by Rob Dickson on Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

U R BAD Mr. Tuna!
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

buddy brown wrote:yep I agree Tony. Another scenario is that someone else loaded these fish days or weeks ahead of time in a given area and he caught these fish that were preloaded on day one and two cause he was fishing the same water. I still doubt he did this until he is proven guilty. dude does not need to do chit like that.
LMAO, So he just so happened to bring a few of the SAME FISH that were planted in the days prior BY SOMEONE ELSE in a certain area. Well there's a theory. :roll:

We need to hold this c*ck smoker accountable if this is proven as true. Atleast we're not censored from saying his name on this forum, like we are with a few others. :shock: Burn him at the stake, or run him outa town if he's guilty!
Agro

Post by Agro »

Why would a guy with so much going for him do something like this? He is the top bread winner a Castaic and Pyramid constantly.

This is insane! :o
Last edited by Agro on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stan7

Post by stan7 »

I fished a draw tourney with him and won money.

Say it ain't so, Mike! :cry:

I don't believe it.
TXRIGGED

Post by TXRIGGED »

Even if they don't have solid evidence to prove him guilty, his reputation still will be severely tarnished. Maybe he had so much going for him due to a cheap price on lead weights.
doug77

Post by doug77 »

Be real.Are you saying somebody loaded weights(which kills fish)in fish and let them go and figured they would recatch them a week later?Its my understanding that the fish were dead day 2 at weighin.Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying.
Anybody that cheats like this should be shot.
They cheated their friends,they showed total lack of respect for the fish(killed them),and tried to steal other peoples(who were honestly fishing)thunder .
kb

Post by kb »

44 posts about this scumbag and not one mention of who won the U.S. Open.........Congrats to Clifford Pirch of Arizona the National Guard Pro won his second U.S. Open

kb
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
KPalmer

Post by KPalmer »

OJ Simpson is still innocent and Bill Clinton didn't have sexual relations with that woman.

Always cracks me up when someone is caught doing something red handed and then people jump into defend them.... I disagree with Gordon Ghecko....Greed is NOT good
sTony

Post by sTony »

kb wrote:44 posts about this scumbag and not one mention of who won the U.S. Open.........Congrats to Clifford Pirch of Arizona the National Guard Pro won his second U.S. Open

kb
I think only because it hasn't been announced officially anywhere but maybe in Las Vegas or thereabouts.

sTony