How much stuff is in your boat??

markguyver

How much stuff is in your boat??

Post by markguyver »

emptied out my boat last night getting ready for the snag proof, wanted to leave no question how i caught fish. i bet i pulled 50 lbs out. my daughter said ( daddy admitting u have a problem is the first step to getting help ) i found stuff i had forgotten about, guess i should empty it more often . mark
TonyL

Re: How much stuff is in your boat??

Post by TonyL »

I recently went thru exact same thing ! Started something new, oganized everything in shoe box totes-12 of them for plastics.my son / I started picking/choosing before each trip,would leave rest at home( terminal tackle, and all hardbaits go every trip,just wante ta leave the 50lbs of plastic at home ),everything gets unloaded after every trip.This DOES keep me more in tune with what we have,cause this stuff is stored in LIVING ROOM ! :D ,and boat emptied after each trip , but I still cant get used to it ! That feeling of "did I bring enough ",BUT ,when I had all in boat , I tell ya there was stuff , couldnt find-buy more,forgot i had-didnt get used , etc,etc. ! :roll:
~ Tony
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

175 tracker
12 planos
50+lbs of plastic
15 rods in a locker
2 life vest
small toolbox
all the needed safety equipment
the wind still pushes me around silly :)
BUCKBASS

Post by BUCKBASS »

Garrett I'll only bring two rod one pack of hook and one box dropshot weights i'll use your plastic.
Flippinjigs

Post by Flippinjigs »

You can never have too much fishing tackle in your boat. You just might need that.................!

I have a Ranger Z20. And both rod lockers and center compartment are filled with plano boxes. I store my rods at home and on the deck as needed. I counted 47 boxes on board.

My boat also has tools, extra clothing, PFD's, Boat fenders, emegency equipment box, ropes, scale, flare pistol, VHF hand held radio, flashlight, binoculars, TP (a must), sunscreen, sunglasses, music cd's, net, first aid kit, jumpercables. Wow! Thats not too much? :oops:

Good fishin
Last edited by Flippinjigs on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
BUCKBASS

Post by BUCKBASS »

What the hell is a Z20? Some kind of cargo trailer?
Flippinjigs

Post by Flippinjigs »

BUCKBASS wrote:What the hell is a Z20? Some kind of cargo trailer?
Where have you been in the last 6 years?? I will edit my post so you can get it. :P :P
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

BUCKBASS wrote:Garrett I'll only bring two rod one pack of hook and one box dropshot weights i'll use your plastic.
HAHA Pat would only bring 1 rod LOL
BUCKBASS

Post by BUCKBASS »

See PAT posted under my account going to get me in trouble just tell me what to bring and I'm there. Should be fun will enjoy kicking the other team butts
senkoboy

Post by senkoboy »

Jeez,

I hate to screw up a fishing day so im kind of a maniac: On top of all the above how bout, spare motorguide motor, props for both motorguide and cheep alum for mercury, prop wrench and hub kit, fuses, screw, nut and bolt kit, multimeter, 2 sets of dry cloths in bag, emergency drinking water, rod repair kit, bungies, oar, push stick, balance beam, raingear with boots, googles, 2 stroke oil, spare plugs for back and live wells, wiegh in bags (clear for good days and black for bad days), spotlight, spare bulbs for everything, rope, anchor. Prob more but thats all i recall in a few mins.

If I want to get 200 pounds of useless wight outa my boat, I leave my partner on the dock. lol

al
I think therefore I fish.
basstrophy

Post by basstrophy »

I consider my boat my $50,000 tackle box. Stuff, its Stuffed, open a lid and you'll have to press fit the lid to close.

I've been going to a hoarders 12 step program for two years now and I finally have tossed the used water bottles out last week from my live wells. Poor fish were swimming with floating debris.

One time I stopped at the CHP scales and they pulled me off to the side to reposition my weight on my axles before I could leave. I had to siphon out gas from my boat to my truck because I sure wasn’t going to remove any tackle from my boat.
BassManDan

Post by BassManDan »

I wouldn't want you behind me when I had to make a quick stop :lol:
BassManDan - 1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite

"In the spirit of akido, sh-sh-sh-shaaa."
-Dale Gribble from TV's "King of the Hill"

"It would be the best of all possible worlds were it not for religion."
- John Adams, 1776
griz01

Post by griz01 »

Flippinjigs wrote:You can never have too much fishing tackle in your boat. You just might need that.................!

I have a Ranger Z20. And both rod lockers and center compartment are filled with plano boxes. I store my rods at home and on the deck as needed. I counted 47 boxes on board.

My boat also has tools, extra clothing, PFD's, Boat fenders, emegency equipment box, ropes, scale, flare pistol, VHF hand held radio, flashlight, binoculars, TP (a must), sunscreen, sunglasses, music cd's, net, first aid kit, jumpercables. Wow! Thats not too much? :oops:

Good fishin

Where do you sit? :)
griz01

Post by griz01 »

senkoboy wrote:Jeez,

I hate to screw up a fishing day so im kind of a maniac: On top of all the above how bout, spare motorguide motor, props for both motorguide and cheep alum for mercury, prop wrench and hub kit, fuses, screw, nut and bolt kit, multimeter, 2 sets of dry cloths in bag, emergency drinking water, rod repair kit, bungies, oar, push stick, balance beam, raingear with boots, googles, 2 stroke oil, spare plugs for back and live wells, wiegh in bags (clear for good days and black for bad days), spotlight, spare bulbs for everything, rope, anchor. Prob more but thats all i recall in a few mins.

If I want to get 200 pounds of useless wight outa my boat, I leave my partner on the dock. lol

I just want to know what a "google" is? I don't have that in my boat. Can you post a link to where you bought that? :lol:

al
Dan200xl

Post by Dan200xl »

Never ever empty your boat where loved ones can see what you really have... close the garage doors, turn off the lights... flashlight only... Dan :D