BASS AOY, currently a CROCK! Here's the numbers!

Cooch

BASS AOY, currently a CROCK! Here's the numbers!

Post by Cooch »

REGULAR SEASON STANDINGS..8 Events

2010 Muskogee, OK - Muskogee, OK Pro Points
After Arkansas River, Muskogee, Okla. Ending 06-20-2010, Day 4
-------------------------------------------
Place..Name........St........Pts
-------------------------------------------
1 Skeet Reese....Calif.....2116
2 Edwin Evers.....Okla....2010
3 Cliff Pace..........Miss....1868
4 Derek Remitz....Ala......1854
5 Terry Butcher....Okla...1841
6 Kevin VanDam..Mich....1825

Finishes:
Skeet: 2nd,,5th,,,1st,,,,5th,,,1st,,59th,48th,2nd
KVD:....29th,59th,22nd,57th,9th,38th,1st,,,6th

Toal Weigh:
Skeet:..508 lbs
KVD:.....393 Lbs

Winnings
Skeet: $332.5K
KVD:....$156K

2010 Elite Series Championship Week Standings - 2 Events

KVD:....Starts 185.. ends 275
(I don't git this part, prolly some assinine formula somewhere)

Finishes
Skeet: 6th & 10th
KVD: 3rd & 1st

Weight
Skeet: 42.11lbs
KVD:....64.3lbs

Winnings
Skeet: $0
KVD:....$260K

Pay real close attention here folks to the numbers, it's REALLY clear and simple to understand! Out of 10 events, Skeet outfished KVD 6 vs 4 times. Over the first 8 Tournaments, Skeet absolutely smokes the entire Elite field by 100+ points of his nearest competitor. He whoops KVD's A$$ by damn near triple that at 291 points. Yet by some magical formula and two year end events, BASS in their infamous, asinine way, allows a completely dominated angler the opurtunity, to sneak in and grab something he truely didn't EARN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't give a shat about this whole thing that they all knew the rules coming in, that's an absolute moot point. BASS has made a mockery of Angler Of the Year. Clearly, to allow someone to make up 291 points over 2 events, is assinine! What would have been even worse, is if Russ Lane or Aaron Martens had managed to win this thing, making up 350 points in two tournaments! AOY is a title competitors EARN in sports for your overall performance thru the year. Although he was awarded the title, over the entire season, he did not earn it, the numbers don't lie. The only thing KVD beat Skeet at ALL year long, was total winnings, where KVD had $416K to Skeet's $332.5K, of which $260K was from that final event.

It's a complete joke, shame on BASS! Congrats to Skeet for the finest season ever on the BASS Elite Tour! Regardless of the way it turned out, you WERE, BASS' AOY, the numbers don't lie!
Murph

It's definitely Flawed!!*NM*

Post by Murph »

*NM*
It might be lonely at the Top, but it's a bitch, at the Bottom !
Tin Can

Re: It's definitely Flawed!!*NM*

Post by Tin Can »

This crap is confusing, can someone please explain to me how the points work once the regular season events are over?
drew

Re: BASS AOY, currently a CROCK! Here's the numbers!

Post by drew »

I agree, he got robbed, but he got robbed from the best.
Vernonn

Post by Vernonn »

BASS should rename this to angler of the month.........
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

They should just change it to the "BASS Champion"or something if it's not going to be given to the actual best performing angler for the entire year.
dbbasser

Post by dbbasser »

Ditto what Cooch said, an absolute fiasco :!:

DB
S. Bailey

Post by S. Bailey »

If I owned BASS I would be embarrassed to see those numbers . Skeet kicked A$$ this year . Thats horrible of BASS. who is in charge of making that stupid way to do it anyway ?? I bet he is getting some nasty emails this week.

Shaun Bailey
****BASS AKWARDS PRODUCTIONS **** Presents : The Big Bait Posse...Volume 1
The craziest Swimbait video in History. You have never seen so many giant swimbait fish jammed into one Action Packed DVD. Hope everybody enjoy's !!
cib11b

Post by cib11b »

Obviously they award more points per dollar you win. Not by the amount of weight you put into the boat.. It is the amount you put in your account that makes you the better angler? They need to fix the point system. :roll:
Ohh son!! That's a 4, 5 ,7 8, 12 punder son!!

2016 Ranger Z175 Lime Green Fusion!
fishinman

Post by fishinman »

I'm with Cooche. Skeet is at the top of his game. Overall awards should be awarded to over all performance. The classic is the World series of Bass Fishing and Hopefully Skeet will win that to really strike the match that lights a blaze of glory for his great performance this season. What else could be more redeeming!
schreecher2

Post by schreecher2 »

Hmmmmm, it might lead someone to wonder if this has something to do with corporate sponsorship of BASS.....such as maybe Strike King / Quantum /Bass Pro Shops fills the BASS coffers a bit more than Lucky Craft / Wright & McGill .....Not sure that corporate greed could play into this at all, as the rules must have been determined before the tournaments started as far as points are concerned.
Tight Lines,
schreech
bigbass111

Post by bigbass111 »

Your kidding right......If you think in any this was rigged for KVD your insane.....The whole format has been set in place for 2 years. all anglers knew the rules and points set up before the seasons even started..

There is no way of cheating for one angler....I cant even see how you though this up....
Team Davies

Post by Team Davies »

Are they the same people who run the BCS football polls?
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Tin Can wrote:This crap is confusing, can someone please explain to me how the points work once the regular season events are over?
Best I can offer up Tin is ta go to BASS' website and there is a link there that is supposed to explain how it works, yet it really doesn't explain it at all, it's even more vague than tryin' ta guess how they came up with the numbers!

Basically, each of the top 12, got to retain 10% of their overall points thru the first 8 events. They then had 2, two day tournaments, where the only thing that is perfectly clear, is the winner got 50 and 12th gets 10 points. What 2nd-11th got, is not described other than the term "sliding points" WTF does that mean?

You can read it all fer yerself here:
http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/tour ... id=5309152
Jerry Fournier

Post by Jerry Fournier »

Cooch,
You put a lot of work into your research; I did not understand how Skeet lost AOY. I appreciate your helping me understand how Skeet got Robbed. I agree with you the system has to be changed.

Thank you for sharing this with us all.

Jerry
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Hopfully, Jerry McKinnis will restore the BASS AOY to it's original meaning, the best angler over the entire season.
BASS isn't NASCAR, no matter how much ESPN wants it to be.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
TomAtkeson

Post by TomAtkeson »

I gotta agree it makes no sense, Skeet got robbed blind and BASS NEEDS to change it.
Tom Atkeson
http://www.blackdogbaitco.com
http://www.tylurecustombaits.com
http://www.skinnybearbassjigs.com
http://www.youtube.com/ibassfishing
lcates

Post by lcates »

i would like to know if the post season is in the same 2 places every year because if it does it sure sets up good for the way vandamm.The post season should be on different waters each year maybe on waters not fished that much by tournys and not anounced till a few months before hand and no practice allowed till the week before
VegasBass

Post by VegasBass »

Every Elite angler knew what the post season was all about! No one(Elite Anglers) was complaining all season then the california kid chokes and all you california guys are crying the blues for Skeet! He choked thats all there is to it! KVD did what he had to win it within the guide lines. Its not like they changed the system/rules midway through the season. Skeet kicked *** all year just fell short in the post season.
Team Pollard

Post by Team Pollard »

How did he choke if he got a 2nd, ya he got a 48th, but Van Dam got a 59th and 57th, Skeet got what 6 top 5's to Van Dams 2, unreal...
Gone Fish'n Marine
Fish Hedz
Coldwell Banker
Nitro 901 CDX with Mercury 200 Verado
Mark Pollard
civicrr

Post by civicrr »

VegasBass wrote:Every Elite angler knew what the post season was all about!
Did everyone know last year before the season started? Lets see, same scenario with Skeet basically AOY until the Post Season format was introduced. Now I could be wrong.....but I seem to remember it being introduced mid season.
offduty

Post by offduty »

Its not about the anglers to them its about they're profit. Surfing used to feel pretty good when I was younger but now its been commercialized to much and tainted. This is what happens when big business gets going, they make sure they stay out front. Its all about marketing. I would bet they made $ off this new format.

Rich
tthomasy

Post by tthomasy »

Just chiming in. Look at all the threads regarding this? Looks like ESPN gets what they want which is controversy. Is'nt that what is going on here? I for one do not agree with the format. Does Gerald Swindle win AOY a few years ago under this format..... he@# NO! He did not win one single tourney that year but he was the most consistent which in my opinion is what AOY means. But...It is what it is. I am a fan of both anglers and partial to the west coast guys. Do they change it back? Not because of us. Only the Elite guys can fix this. Hopefully nobody is offended by this.
ceaserchavez

Post by ceaserchavez »

A crock?! he lost it in the playoffs! in other sports you can go undefeated all regular season but come play off time then it is time to own up! Skeets a great fisherman and all but ya gotta admit he choked it in the final tourneys. Brides maid is a tough role to get stuck with but he did have an unbelievable season. Skeet said it himself.. "peaked a little to early in the season." KVD won the classic to start and ended with AOY.. i'd say that is pretty unbelievable too.
mattwarner

Post by mattwarner »

yes skeet got screwed again... skeet caught the fish for sure, sucks for him. bass needs to change it around.
lunker punker

Post by lunker punker »

Isnt the classic supposed to be post season? Are these the playoffs? Bunch of crap in my opinion. Skeet got robbed again. Looks like you can suck all year and when the fish go post spawn KVD can steal it that easy with 2 post season victories.
Big baits,big fish,big smiles!!!!!
bigbass111

Post by bigbass111 »

You guys still miss the point. Not to mention, who in here has a dog in this fight.

All of these guys knew what was up when they paid their entries.

Skeet has man'd up and said KVD won fair and square. Why is everyone in here still whinning..

my 02 cents

Give KVD props, he stepped up and kicked butt when the spotlight was on him.
offduty

Post by offduty »

I dont think anyone is whining, just stating that the new format sucks and does not reflect AOY. When you can win AOY in the last 2 tournaments that does not reflect what has happened all season. KVD won it fair according to the new rules and that is undisputed. The complaint is that the new format does not reflect a true AOY based on how the anglers have been fishing ALL YEAR LONG. It no longer reflects cumulative years points.

Rich
bigbass111

Post by bigbass111 »

Would this post even exsist if Skeet was an east coaster and had nothing to do with the west..

Just curious...
ASD

Post by ASD »

u mean people on the east cost fish :?: :wink:
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

ASD wrote:u mean people on the east cost fish :?: :wink:
More so than the west coast, I bet! They have more lakes, rivers, reservoirs (and larger ones at that), coastal areas, more species of gamefish...so I'd imagine the answer is yes...
Deejay quick

Post by Deejay quick »

skeet got screw** two years in a row can the man catch a break
www.jdcbaits.com
www.luretamers.com
www.bassanglersfederation.com
www.skeeterboats.com
www.lasvegasmarine.com
www.kaenon.com
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

bigbass111 wrote:Would this post even exsist if Skeet was an east coaster and had nothing to do with the west..Just curious...
Absolutely, as I stated in a previous post, this has nothing to do with KVD or Skeet. You can plug ANY TWO names in there and I'd have the same rant!

VegasBass wrote:Every Elite angler knew what the post season was all about!... the california kid chokes and all you california guys are crying the blues for Skeet! He choked thats all there is to it!
Them knowing the format prior is a moot point, of course they all knew the format structure. But who's gonna put up a big fuss a couple of months before the season starts when this was first introduced? It's not about Skeet or KVD. It's about the changing of the structure that determines AOY. It's real simple, what is it yer not getting? HAR! The new format, in NO WAY, depicts who has earned such a title. If you had the same EXACT format for points in the last two events, as ya did the first 10, even with a 6th & 10th Finish, Skeet would have won and KVD could not have made up ground even with his great performances of 3rd & 1st. What's yer thinkin here VB, why is it all of a sudden "right", that two tournaments at the end of the season, now become more important and play a larger facter than the entire 8 event regular season to determine who has the best season catching fish in tournaments?
Ceasar wrote:A crock?! he lost it in the playoffs! in other sports you can go undefeated all regular season but come play off time then it is time to own up!
And there in lies my point Ceasar! In what other sport(NASCAR excluded) is the AOY, Sportsman of the year, MVP, decided by a playoff? Playoffs are for deciding who gets to play for the Championship, ie; BASS Master Classic, World Series, Super Bowl, World Cup. In all of these other sports and many more not mentioned, a guy can win the player of the year award, yet not be required to be on the Championship team.

VegasBass wrote:No one(Elite Anglers) was complaining
Oh you better believe they are complaining! It seems at the moment, the only one with any balls at all is Rick Clunn who publically stated on BassFan the new system is unfair and not right. Rest assured you'll hear more after a 2nd consecutive year of this crappy system of determining AOY! Unfortunately, both KVD & Skeet have way too much class to publically say what they truely feal at heart in a public statement. It's too bad I missed Skeet on UB Radio this morning, I wanted to hear what his public response here on a local Radio show was gonna be. I don't envy the position that BASS has put both of those men in.

Toss all the rhetoric asside, the bottom line is, the format that BASS has introduce to determine the AOY the past two seasons, makes a mockery of determining who their best angler is thru out an entire season.
civicrr

Post by civicrr »

Cooch wrote: the bottom line is, the format that BASS has introduce to determine the AOY the past two seasons, makes a mockery of determining who their best angler is thru out an entire season.
Exactly!
dbbasser

Post by dbbasser »

I listened to UB Radio with Skeet and Kent this morning here in FL. Skeet was somewhat subdued and put the blame on the format not KVD. All things being equal Skeet should have 3 AOY's and KVD would have 4. Instead it's KVD 6 and Skeet 1 what a bummer. Cooch sums up all the issues and addresses all the points. lastly if you plug any of those guys in the same situation, it would still be a farce.

DB
sro114

Post by sro114 »

We all "have a dog in this fight" We the consumer make these events and the money that is up for grabs available. If we are not happy about the format then we have every right to whine about it if we want. I do however agree that the format was known by everyone, and there were no suprises. It sucks Skeet didn't win, but his season will not be forgotten.
DBASSKING

Post by DBASSKING »

B.A.S.S. IS ALL FOR THE GOOD OL BOY'S.SAY,THE WEST COAST FISHERMAN GO FISH THE GOOD OL BOY'S TOURNAMENTS AND WHIP'S UP ON THEM,THAT DON'T GO GOOD WITH THEM THEY HATE IT.SO HOW DID KVD WIN THE AOY WITH THE HELP OF THE GOOD OL BOY'S POINT SYSTEM.THAT IS A BUNCH OF BS,WHAT ABOUT THE SCHEDULE FOR 2011,ALABAMA,ALABAMA,ALABMA,FLORIDA!!!! THAT'S WHY THEY CALL IT THE GOO OL BOY'S CLICK....
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

DBASSKING wrote:B.A.S.S. IS ALL FOR THE GOOD OL BOY'S.SAY,THE WEST COAST FISHERMAN GO FISH THE GOOD OL BOY'S TOURNAMENTS AND WHIP'S UP ON THEM,THAT DON'T GO GOOD WITH THEM THEY HATE IT.SO HOW DID KVD WIN THE AOY WITH THE HELP OF THE GOOD OL BOY'S POINT SYSTEM.THAT IS A BUNCH OF BS,WHAT ABOUT THE SCHEDULE FOR 2011,ALABAMA,ALABAMA,ALABMA,FLORIDA!!!! THAT'S WHY THEY CALL IT THE GOO OL BOY'S CLICK....
Just so you know: KVD is not a good ol' boy--he's a northerner (from the extreme northern reaches of the Midwest at that). Good ol' boys probably dislike northerners more than they dislike the all fruits and nuts from out west...
bassaddicted

Post by bassaddicted »

[quote 2011,ALABAMA,ALABAMA,ALABMA,FLORIDA!!!! THAT'S WHY THEY CALL IT THE GOO OL BOY'S CLICK....[/quote]

Thats fair :roll:
ceaserchavez

Post by ceaserchavez »

I do agree that skeet OWNED the tour all year. Cant be disputed.. but this kind of thing is all for publicity.. the final 12 show down in two tourneys at the end of the year... kinda silly.. but this is where national tournament fishing has been heading. Silly outfits and boat wraps that match... just billboards to be seen on TV. BASS and FLW sold bass fishing out to big buisness.. and boys like Skeet are reaping the rewards... more power to em. But this kind of thing isnt gonna stop.. contraversy just brings more attention... exactly what they want. He might of lost the AOY but on tour i bet theres not one guy who doesnt knows who the king of '10 was.. and you cant buy respect or mount it on a trophy.
bassaddicted

Post by bassaddicted »

why not a seperate trophy
MCSPIN

Post by MCSPIN »

NHRA drag racing does the same format and I don't like it at all. They take the top 10 points leaders and start there points over at O with 5 races left. So the guy that is in 10th that is down 500 to 800 points still has a chance to win the Full Throttle Championship. Doesn't seem right to me. They only get 20 points for each round that they win. I think that the guy that dominates the year deserves to win the overall Championship.
Don't forget your MCSPINS
A good bait for all seasons
Remember Clean & Dry
www.Linexwest.com
www.Anglersmarine.com
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=basssssman&search=Search
http://www.myspace.com/mcspinns
Dan200xl

Post by Dan200xl »

KVD got the AOY Trophy, name in the BASS record book and the cash that goes along with it. Everyone knew the rules before the season started. Skeet choked, watched it last night. Skeet crumbled like a cheap house of cards... Dan
Ray Vanacore

Post by Ray Vanacore »

Dan200xl wrote:KVD got the AOY Trophy, name in the BASS record book and the cash that goes along with it. Everyone knew the rules before the season started. Skeet choked, watched it last night. Skeet crumbled like a cheap house of cards... Dan

Why dont you tell that to Skeet
Ray Vanacore
WackySenko

Post by WackySenko »

If BASS has a performance bonus program for management, it should be changed to the same format as AOY. Work your butt off all year to be the top producer and then, two weeks before bonus time the top twelve, start over and compete for the prize.
dbbasser

Post by dbbasser »

Dan200xl wrote: Skeet choked, watched it last night. Skeet crumbled like a cheap house of cards... Dan

Don't know what show you where watchin, I saw a guy working and fighting his butt off to the end :!: It's still about the crazy AOY format not the competitors.

DB
Dan200xl

Post by Dan200xl »

Ray... No problem... If he's half the the man you think he is I'm sure he'd admit he BLEW IT.

dbbasser... How many have you broken off, missed hook set on, or just plain missed on your last outing? I don't know about you but I haven't broken off a fish in years (Ohio River fish ain't that big I'll admit). He was pressing big time, he gagged. I've NEVER, EVER thrown a rod in my LIFE. He melted down... Dan
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

Dan200xl wrote:Ray... No problem... If he's half the the man you think he is I'm sure he'd admit he BLEW IT.

dbbasser... How many have you broken off, missed hook set on, or just plain missed on your last outing? I don't know about you but I haven't broken off a fish in years (Ohio River fish ain't that big I'll admit). He was pressing big time, he gagged. I've NEVER, EVER thrown a rod in my LIFE. He melted down... Dan
Sounds like you oughta be fishin' the Elite series! :roll:

Skeet was robbed. KVD was not the Angler of the YEAR. Only by BASS standards did he steal it away from the true angler who proved he was the best throughout the ENTIRE year.
Dan200xl

Post by Dan200xl »

No Andy... Far from it. I chose to do something else with my life. Gotta know your strength and weaknesses... :lol:

Skeet LOST it fair and square. Check the BASS website, says KVD AOY 2010... Can you rob yourself? Or did he choke? :roll: ... Dan
bassaddicted

Post by bassaddicted »

Dan200xl wrote:No Andy... Far from it. I chose to do something else with my life. Gotta know your strength and weaknesses... :lol:

Skeet LOST it fair and square. Check the BASS website, says KVD AOY 2010... Can you rob yourself? Or did he choke? :roll: ... Dan
Not from Cal, nascar fan, explains why you agree with the points format, and so against Skeet. I'm sorry :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: