October Delta WON Tournament

896J

October Delta WON Tournament

Post by 896J »

I haven't fished as a pro in a Pro-Am event before and this will be my first. Is there a better deal than a $350 entry fee and a shot at a boat? If 300 boats don't show up for this event, everyone can kiss my.... :wink:

What a deal!
FATGUY

Re: October Delta WON Tournament

Post by FATGUY »

300 ?? i bet its about 100
lil nitro

Post by lil nitro »

Are u joking ? 350 for a shot at a boat is a good deal. I guess its been awhile since u fished a tourny 300 boats :shock: Try Texas if u looking for a field like that.
barse41

Post by barse41 »

anybody need an AM to sign up with? :D
theres a fine line between fishin and standin on a boat like an idiot
RougeBass

Post by RougeBass »

And as an added bonus if you get caught cheating WON will not press criminal charges!!! Sorry just still upset with the whole situation!
896J

Post by 896J »

RougeBass wrote:And as an added bonus if you get caught cheating WON will not press criminal charges!!! Sorry just still upset with the whole situation!
I'm no expert on the legal side of that, but I thought WON did a great job making everything public about the cheater case. I don't think that guy will be fishing many tournaments anytime soon. That said, I don't know of another tournament offering what WON is offering in that upcoming October event. What tournament do we have coming up that offers better deal?
massbaster

Post by massbaster »

Does not matter what you post on this site anymore, all people do is bitch and cry about EVERYTHING . Its not even a fishing site anymore its lets bring up a topic and everybody pile on and post sarcastic stupid *** coments about it. As far as WONbass and the cheating issue I thought they did a great job of being informative and up front about the situation, how many orgs have done that before? All they ever say is that we cant say anything about the person involed or the situation at hand for fear of slandering. I am sure WON looked into pressing charges ,they were probably told by a legal expert they would not be able to do anything because he was awarded no prize money.
RougeBass

Post by RougeBass »

Well I'm not saying WON's delta tournament is not a screaming deal. And I'm not say WON didn't do a good job putting it out there what went down. What I am saying its very disapointing that WON did not go forward with criminal charges. OR let us know the reason they didn't. Now i do happen to know something about the law and I do know that Penal Code Section 664 "Attempting to Commit a crime" and Penal Code Section 182 (Conspiring to Commit a crime) could apply in this case. I just have a really tought time understanding what the punishment for cheating really is. What have people locked up in PRISONS for alot less.
LawDog

Post by LawDog »

Well Rouge I don’t know how much you know about the "law" but 664 PC is not a chargeable offense...it’s the definition of an attempted crime. And your right 182 PC is conspiring to commit a crime....but....in order to have a conspiracy you have to have more than one person committing the crime. SOOOOO...let’s get off all this BS about the cheating. WON did a great job. As much as you don’t want to hear this, he would not have received anything but maybe a small fine and probation. Also it’s not up to WON to press charges. It’s the DA for the county which the crime was committed. I don’t understand all the negative comments around here lately. He will never be able to fish another tournament as long as he lives. That in my book is worse than anything a judge could throw at me.

869J...I completely agree with you and I’m sorry your post got hijacked but I’m sick of all the negativity. If you are going to drop $350 on a tourney you would be stupid not to fish the pro-am.