FLW makes Changes

Gene Buchholz

FLW makes Changes

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Mercury Marine is the new motor sponsor for FLW, Mark Nickolete won't have to be in another parking lot anymore :lol: :lol:
It is rumored from a very good source Chris Jones is going to return as well.
Takedown

Re: FLW makes Changes

Post by Takedown »

I would like to see Chris Jones return.
It might take him a little while to get his voice back.
But what a great addition.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I'm pumped to have Mercury jump on board with FLW.
Gator

Post by Gator »

Having Chris Jones back would be AWESOME!
sTony

Post by sTony »

FLW OUTDOORS AND MERCURY MARINE ANNOUNCE MAJOR PARTNERSHIP

MotorGuide, Brunswick Zone complement sponsorship package

MINNEAPOLIS (Oct. 20, 2010) – FLW Outdoors and Mercury Marine have signed an extensive agreement, marking Mercury’s return as a sponsor of the world’s largest tournament-fishing organization. Through FLW Outdoors’ lucrative bass and walleye tournaments, Mercury will showcase its marine propulsion systems – the largest lineup in the industry. In addition, MotorGuide and Brunswick Zone will have a strong presence across the FLW Outdoors platforms. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Along with Mercury, Evinrude will continue to serve as one of two official outboard-engine sponsors of FLW Outdoors in 2011.

“We are very pleased that Mercury has rejoined the ranks of FLW Outdoors,” said Trisha Blake, president of the FLW Outdoors Marketing Division. “With our aggressive programs, we’re confident Mercury will see considerable market-share growth. They’re making a strong statement of support to professional fishing, and our anglers are sure to respond enthusiastically.”

Mercury Marine officials said the FLW sponsorship offers great opportunities to support tournament anglers, in both the bass and walleye arenas.

“Mercury Marine and MotorGuide are extremely excited about this opportunity to work with the FLW and Ranger Boats,” said Mike Shedivy, vice president of marketing at Mercury Marine. “We feel Mercury represents the heart of tournament fishing, and we will continue to support the various species of competitive angling.

“We recognize that the FLW has traditionally offered very lucrative prizes, and Mercury and MotorGuide will support the FLW in its continued efforts to provide the highest payouts possible. Also, we want to invite all FLW anglers currently driving Yamaha engines to take a demo ride on our fishing-boat engines – especially the 250 Pro XS and the new Verado Pro FourStroke.”

In addition, Mercury and MotorGuide will be featured in a variety of media formats, including the weekly “FLW Outdoors” television program on VERSUS, FLW Outdoors’ multiple websites and its bass and walleye magazines. Mercury will also be a major supporter of FLW Fantasy Fishing, which has offered the largest awards in fantasy sports history, with various prizes in cash, products and promotions.

The properties will also have the opportunity to display their products, promote their anglers and provide promotional offers to fans at the FLW Outdoors Expo, held in conjunction with the Walmart FLW Tour; and the College Fishing Festivals, held in conjunction with National Guard FLW College Fishing.

ABOUT FLW OUTDOORS

FLW Outdoors, named after Forrest L. Wood, the legendary founder of Ranger Boats, is the largest fishing tournament organization in the world and is offering anglers worldwide the opportunity to compete for millions over the course of 189 tournaments in 2010. FLW Outdoors has also taken fishing mainstream with the world’s richest fantasy sports game, FLW Fantasy Fishing. Sign up for an FLW Outdoors Membership featuring Player’s Advantage to get your edge and win. For more information about FLW Outdoors and its tournaments, visit FLWOutdoors.com or call (270) 252-1000. For more information about FLW Fantasy Fishing, visit FantasyFishing.com.

Source: flwoutdoors.com (2010-10-21)
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

That would be GREAT to have Chris Back. He is by far the best TD that FLW has ever had.
Someone is starting to think
Jeff
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

Jeff wrote:That would be GREAT to have Chris Back. He is by far the best TD that FLW has ever had.
Someone is starting to think
Jeff
Everybody wants to forget we had more scheduling and rule enforcement problems during the Jones era than any other time. Yeah, Chris remembered and could pronounce your name but Hoover has done just as good of a job with the rest of the duties. This is a job that is based on promoting integrity and good morals.The "incident" is enough for me to never have Jones return. Maybe if he keeps his hands off the co-workers he could do a better job.

There are plenty of others in this Country that have GOOD morals and ethics. Maybe one of them should get the job. Can you count on a guy that will compromise his own morals to do a good job enforcing yours? Maybe just remembering and pronouncing your name is all that is necessary?
2ndsuks

Post by 2ndsuks »

Robert F wrote: This is a job that is based on promoting integrity and good morals.The "incident" is enough for me to never have Jones return. Maybe if he keeps his hands off the co-workers he could do a better job.

There are plenty of others in this Country that have GOOD morals and ethics. Maybe one of them should get the job. Can you count on a guy that will compromise his own morals to do a good job enforcing yours? Maybe just remembering and pronouncing your name is all that is necessary?
Chris Jones is not a spiritual leader or guidance counselor, he's a tournament director and an emcee, and one of the best in the business I might add. Chris made a mistake in his personal life and has payed the price, the difference between Chris and your "plenty of others in this Country that have GOOD morals and ethics" is, the others have not been caught!
William Pointing

Post by William Pointing »

I'm PURE.
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

I agree with part of what you are saying Mike. I am not a big buyer of the church thing and he is an emcee. There are no requisites that an emcee be a spiritual leader or guidance counselor. Tournament director is different.

I want to know that I am playing on a level field. If the guy making and enforcing the rules can not follow his own employer's rules how are we expected to be comfortable we are going to have an event that is being run with no bias? Are we to accept that a guy that "made the mistake" of committing another moral violation like stuffing weights down a fishes gut should be good to go? Yeah, maybe the difference is Chris got caught and somebody else did not. Not a good enough reason to just bring him back. That US Open guy says he only made one mistake too. Should we let him fish?

There are plenty of others available. What about Fishburne? Kent Brown is a good talker. Any other names for the hat?
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Robert...
If Chris comes back (and I for one hope he does) and you don't feel "comfortable" for whatever reason, stay home. It's just that simple. Whatever Chris may or may not have done in his personal life, I've never heard anyone question his integrity as a TD.
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

Robert F wrote:The "incident" is enough for me to never have Jones return. Maybe if he keeps his hands off the co-workers he could do a better job.
Give us a link to all the sordid details, please. :lol:
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

bryanmc wrote:Whatever Chris may or may not have done in his personal life, I've never heard anyone question his integrity as a TD.
Really Bryan? I have heard plenty of people question decisions made at FLW tournaments. Also it is no longer a personal life issue when it is brought to work. As a person I really like Chris too. My point is he is not the only person for the job as others would have us to believe. If FLW decides they can get over what happened on company time, so be it. Chris will be welcomed by a large group of Western anglers.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

I think he should come back, even if just for the Westcoast events. As far as what happened, I do know, and my understanding is he was seperated anyway. On the job, bad choice. Great TD and thats all that should matter anyway. The Mercury/FLW marriage is a great one for the Westcoast guys as most of the dealers are Merc dealers and now the prostaff/deal/team boat situation can get worked out better. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
leontuesday

Post by leontuesday »

Chris Jones is the very best in the business, I would love to see him back. As far as Mercury I agree it is a great thing for west coast anglers and the dealerships.
Leon Knight
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Obviously, Chris is very well liked by the fishermen. Who hasn't made a mistake in their life before? I say bring him back!