hart sighting

npangler

hart sighting

Post by npangler »

I heard hart was seen at castaic with someone who is fishing tournys and he is helping this person prefish
any truth to this ? if so what does this say about the guy fishing with him ?

?
adman

Re: hart sighting

Post by adman »

I don't know if it is true. What it says about the guy is...he's smart enough to seek out one of the best Castaic fisherman in recent times and learn from him.
Brian

Post by Brian »

adman wrote:I don't know if it is true. What it says about the guy is...he's smart enough to seek out one of the best Castaic fisherman in recent times and learn from him.
:roll:
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
Steve Reed

Post by Steve Reed »

I think it would be smart to pay him for info and spots now that he can't fish the tournaments himself anymore.
Monsterfishingtackle.com
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

Mike screwed up pretty bad. However, he is one of the best fishermen in socal period. he knows how to catch bass on all of those lakes. Very well! I hope he passes along what he knows. he knows way more than most. He just made a few bad decisions and is paying for em for life.
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
dreyson

Post by dreyson »

whats the story with hart never heard of him
flipit

Post by flipit »

dreyson wrote:whats the story with hart never heard of him
Search 2010 Won Bass US Open
Fishing should be fun.
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

dreyson wrote:whats the story with hart never heard of him

lol *NM*
npangler

Post by npangler »

so what i am hearing is if I want to learn about financial matters I should look up Mr Maddoff. Im sorry but I dont agree with that.
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

npangler wrote:I heard hart was seen at castaic with someone who is fishing tournys and he is helping this person prefish
any truth to this ? if so what does this say about the guy fishing with him ?
?
So what of it? What does it have to do with you? Or are you just steering the pot?

Could they also be friends?? Aren't friends allowed to fish together anymore??

What is someone gets seen fishing with me (as I am an outcast too) at Castaic prior to a tourney and I am passing my knowledge along? Are we not allowed to share our knowledge anymore?

This is just another prime example of why I don't miss fishing tournaments... especially in So Cal.

Bottom line, so someone fishes with Mike Hart. He is still a fisherman and has the right to fish with whom he pleases. Heck, I wouldn't mind a day on the water fishing with Mike. I could always stand to learn a few new ways to catch 'em up at the lake. It would definitely be an interesting day ;)
~~~Gary "Obi-Hub" Collins
:mrgreen: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mrgreen:
D.B.COOPER

Post by D.B.COOPER »

Well if he is that good, the only way I see him getting back in is that he will donate any of his winnings to a charity or an organization that is chosen(not by Mr. Hart). He cannot profit from any of the winnings! Yes he messed up bad and it's a terrible thing to do, but if you want to make amends and get a second chance, then this would be the only way I can see some good coming out of this. I know there are people out there that would never forgive him and would never trust him and that's totally understandable. I'm sure he feels terrible and wants to try and do something to make up for his mistake! This is just my idea of how he could do that. I don't know what the tournament organizations think about this and would they ever consider such a thing. Just my 02cents. D.B.COOPER 8)
adman

Post by adman »

As Bailey said he screwed up. I'm not as fortunate as so many on this board. I have screwed up plenty in my day (not fishing, more important stuff than that). Luckily, my friends and people who have known me over the years have said, "okay, you screwed up you know it, we know it, now let's get on with it." I have always found sanctimony to be a particular trait of people I really don't like being around...they usually have little to offer but their self-righteous, useless opinions.

A lifetime ban from fishing tournaments (something I think he loved) is harsh but probably appropriate.I think what Mr. Hart did was unspeakable - so does he I'll bet.That was yesterday. He's a human with foibles and a bass fisherman...just like me. He is welcome in my boat any time.
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

adman wrote:As Bailey said he screwed up. I'm not as fortunate as so many on this board. I have screwed up plenty in my day (not fishing, more important stuff than that). Luckily, my friends and people who have known me over the years have said, "okay, you screwed up you know it, we know it, now let's get on with it." I have always found sanctimony to be a particular trait of people I really don't like being around...they usually have little to offer but their self-righteous, useless opinions.

A lifetime ban from fishing tournaments (something I think he loved) is harsh but probably appropriate.I think what Mr. Hart did was unspeakable - so does he I'll bet.That was yesterday. He's a human with foibles and a bass fisherman...just like me. He is welcome in my boat any time.
+1
Last edited by Obi-Hub on Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

For all the santimonius Aholes who preach to all of us about right and wrong, remember what I read in a book somewhere:

"Let he among you who is free of sin cast the first stone".

It is true. We all F up. Most of us don't get thrust into the lime light when we do.
Cut the guy the same slack you wish you'd get.
He's already paid a steep price.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

mark poulson wrote:For all the santimonius Aholes who preach to all of us about right and wrong, remember what I read in a book somewhere:

It is true. We all F up. Most of us don't get thrust into the lime light when we do.
He's already paid a steep price.
+1
doug77

Post by doug77 »

[quote="mark poulson"]For all the santimonius Aholes who preach to all of us about right and wrong, remember what I read in a book somewhere:

He's already paid a steep price.[/quote]
He already paid a steep price???Cut him some slack????What a ball less societry we have become.Dirtbags get excused after the anger blows over?NOT IN MY BOOK!
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

There's a difference between justice, and being bitter and vindictive.
People need to have some perspective, and move on.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Well said Mark! Some people need to move on.
John Garcia

Post by John Garcia »

I dont know Mike Hart personally, but I do know that he has and always will be a damn good fisherman. Wih that being said, I think it would be wise of anyone to jump at the opportunity to gain some fishing knowledge from him. Sure he made a big mistake, I believe that he is "banned" from competitive fishing not Fishing all together. I also believe that some of our society holds on to negative memories much longer than positive ones.

Just my .02 cents.
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

John Garcia wrote:I dont know Mike Hart personally, but I do know that he has and always will be a damn good fisherman. Wih that being said, I think it would be wise of anyone to jump at the opportunity to gain some fishing knowledge from him. Sure he made a big mistake, I believe that he is "banned" from competitive fishing not Fishing all together. I also believe that some of our society holds on to negative memories much longer than positive ones.

Just my .02 cents.
+1
davet.

Post by davet. »

Are you guys fricking kidding me??? He STOLE your money, over and over and now it seems that over time your spines have turned to jelly.
Go give him a group hug if you want, but I would'nt lose any sleep if his parking brake disengaged and his rig rolled down the ramp!!
www.powerskoop.com
....it aint rocket science!
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

davet. wrote:Are you guys fricking kidding me??? He STOLE your money, over and over and now it seems that over time your spines have turned to jelly.
Go give him a group hug if you want, but I would'nt lose any sleep if his parking brake disengaged and his rig rolled down the ramp!!
+1,000

It's absolutely disgusting that some of these people are already trying to say, "Get over it". This guy is a liar, cheater, and a thief, and he played all of you for fools! His premediatated actions were meant to cheat every single tournament fisherman that he was fishing against, out of their hard earned money, and he was smiling the whole time. He's a coward, and in my book will only be forgiven if God himself decides to do so. Sure, I understand he made a 'mistake'(s), so did Charles Manson :roll: . Mike Hart will FOREVER be a scumbag P.O.S. in my book not worth the dirt under my damn boots, much less a ride on my boat(if I even had one).

What's so hard about holding people accountable for their actions? Is that an impossibilty in today's America? Based on your guy's analogies, I ought to invite the D.C. sniper on my next hunting trip in order to get some long-distance shooting tips. :shock: What a joke.

Andy Lippert
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

i agree that he screwed up very bad...........but if he offered to show you how to catch 20 lbs when people couldnt catch limits you would just walk the other way? I wouldn't. Thats all im saying. i would take what i could get from the guy and put it to work. No ones letting the guy off the hook and wanting to give hugs. Were just saying if he offered to help me i would gladly take it. He can catch em better than most. Ive witnessed it with my own eyes many times.
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

davet/Andy,

I didn't say I wasn't holding him accountable for his actions. Did I say he should be allowed to fish tournaments again? Did I say he shouldn't be prosecuted for what he did? No on both accounts. He got caught cheating and should pay for that crime. Can you prove he cheated any other times as you so imply in your posts? If so, step forward and show incontestable proof and evidence or quit claiming something you cannot prove. I don't see everyone crucifying other prominent Professional Anglers for the "cheating" they straight up admitted to it here on the forum. Yes, intentional violating rules for your personal benefit is CHEATING. Just because you don't agree with the rules doesn't make breaking them OK. How much money they taken from anglers while intentional violating the rules? Where is the ranting on this?

Would I stop being friends with someone who erred in their ways? I wouldn't support how they erred, but most likely would remain their friends unless it was truly that incomprehensible of an offense (i.e. Murder/Rape/violent crime). Then I would have to search my conscience for that answer. Mike Hart's error does not fall into that category for me. I do NOT approve of the actions for which he got caught.

This world is too full of vindictive people and it seems we as a society get our thrills stoning people anymore.
Bottom line for me is... I still respect his fishing ability (he didn't need to cheat) as I have spent many a day competing right next to each other on the lake and taking each others money. I know for a fact, the man can plain flat out catch them without cheating.

Go ahead and shoot me while you are at it. Just be able to prove what you say or you just might hear from my lawyer for Libel! Yes, Libel... post are considered "print". I have recently been falsely hung and won't tolerate it again!!
Jim V.

Post by Jim V. »

Give it a rest for crying out loud. He never stole anything from me - & probably not from you either. He tried to cheat, got caught, is blackballed from tournament fishing for life. That would seem to be an appropriate punishment. What exactly would you like to see? Have him stoned at a launch ramp with 1 ounce & up lead - drawn & quartered by 4 bass boats in Callville Bay - have his right hand chopped off? What would be appropriate in your mind. Maybe you could brand a big C on his forehead.

"...parking brake disengaged and his rig rolled down the ramp!!"

Really?

It's over - done. He's been punished & humiliated far beyond anything you could possibly understand.

Let it go.
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

Obi-Hub wrote:davet/Andy,
Go ahead and shoot me while you are at it. Just be able to prove what you say or you just might hear from my lawyer for Libel! Yes, Libel... post are considered "print". I have recently been falsely hung and won't tolerate it again!!
LoL, You sir, are whats wrong with this country! Lawyers lawyers lawyers! Get the lawyers involved!! :roll: :roll: :roll: Can't have a normal conversation with someone without threatening legal involvement. What a joke.

I too, think that we are beating a dead horse, and that he has paid a somewhat adequate price for his dirty deeds. It just digusts me to see that guys are so quick to discount this mans actions, that is all.
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Jim V. wrote:Give it a rest for crying out loud. He never stole anything from me - & probably not from you either. He tried to cheat, got caught, is blackballed from tournament fishing for life. That would seem to be an appropriate punishment. What exactly would you like to see? Have him stoned at a launch ramp with 1 ounce & up lead - drawn & quartered by 4 bass boats in Callville Bay - have his right hand chopped off? What would be appropriate in your mind. Maybe you could brand a big C on his forehead.

"...parking brake disengaged and his rig rolled down the ramp!!"

Really?

It's over - done. He's been punished & humiliated far beyond anything you could possibly understand.

Let it go.
Well said!! +1
DL

Post by DL »

Sure, I understand he made a 'mistake'(s), so did Charles Manson
Really???? You just compared Mike to Charles Manson...

When you think you've heard it all, log on to Westernbass.... you won't be disappointed.
"Feel the steel"
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

I'm not comparing the two people. I'm comparing actions. It's a simple example. Both made 'mistakes'. The justification for forgiveness, that has been given in this thread, is that he simply made a 'mistake' and should be forgiven, and forgotten.

Just how attrocious of an act does one have to commit for the general public to be accepting of that individual after an unknown amount of time has passed? Where does your 'point' lie? That is the real question at hand, here. Here's an example....

I_____________________________________________________________________I____________________________________________I
Driving 1 mph over the speed limit---------------------------------------------Cheating in tournys----------------------------------Capital Murder

Obviously Mike Hart and Charles Manson's actions are nowhere similar, as Mike Hart's actions would land him somewhere on the right side of the center of this line, and Mansons would land him on the outer most right side. Just how serious were Mike's actions, is what differs from person to person, and that is why there is a disagreement as to how he should be treated from here on out, correct? That's the point I was trying to illustrate. Take a step back, and look at what I said again, without a knee-jerk reaction. Maybe you'll understand it better the next time. Think logically, not emotionally.

Andy
sTony

Post by sTony »

Comments/opinions in public forums are strictly those of the post's author and not that of WesternBass.Com, it's staff, sponsors, advertisers or other site entities or users.

Please post within the guidelines of our rules, know that you are or can be held responsible for what you write and please try to be civil in your exchanges.

sTony
davet.

Post by davet. »

I also thought I was falsley hung and then I looked down....nope, really hung. :lol:
www.powerskoop.com
DL

Post by DL »

Andy Lippert wrote:I'm not comparing the two people. I'm comparing actions. It's a simple example. Both made 'mistakes'. The justification for forgiveness, that has been given in this thread, is that he simply made a 'mistake' and should be forgiven, and forgotten.

Just how attrocious of an act does one have to commit for the general public to be accepting of that individual after an unknown amount of time has passed? Where does your 'point' lie? That is the real question at hand, here. Here's an example....

I_____________________________________________________________________I____________________________________________I
Driving 1 mph over the speed limit---------------------------------------------Cheating in tournys----------------------------------Capital Murder

Obviously Mike Hart and Charles Manson's actions are nowhere similar, as Mike Hart's actions would land him somewhere on the right side of the center of this line, and Mansons would land him on the outer most right side. Just how serious were Mike's actions, is what differs from person to person, and that is why there is a disagreement as to how he should be treated from here on out, correct? That's the point I was trying to illustrate. Take a step back, and look at what I said again, without a knee-jerk reaction. Maybe you'll understand it better the next time. Think logically, not emotionally.

Andy
I read it again, and again...and realized you used the DC Sniper in your analogy as well as Manson. What some of you fail to realize is that many people have decided to move on and not spend any more time or energy worrying about what Mike is doing. I have given a lot of money to Mike over the years, but to continually worry about it and work myself into a froth every time his name is mentioned, is stupid.

As long as he is not teaching these guys how to cheat, I dont care what he shows them...
"Feel the steel"
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

The heart of this issue is really the fact that despite the banning from Tournaments forever, Mike never really offered an apology to the fishing community. If he would have shown some remorse to the Fishermen/Women of Southern California and to the US Open Anglers who he tried to cheat, it would have gone a long way in my eyes to settling the drama. But to just try and vanish for a few months and to reappear on the water like its no big deal is going to always open the wounds that are out there and shed a bad light on whoever is asking for his knowledge. His skills no matter how good will never be respected ever again untill he comes clean. My .02 Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

davet. wrote:I also thought I was falsley hung and then I looked down....nope, really hung. :lol:
:roll: They didn't tie the hangman's knot correctly so I just fell down!! :wink: :mrgreen: :arrow: :lol:
Mike

Post by Mike »

He definitely has some Balls showing back up on the Lakes down there. I would have thought he would count his blessings that he didn't go to jail and pick up another hobby.
OG on WB since 1993
longshot

Post by longshot »

Just goes to show you what people will be willing to do to win a tournament. Mike shoving a weight down a fish throat and people willing to be associated with a cheater to gain knowledge to become a better angler on certain bodies of water?
I understand now why people dont show to tournaments anymore. It really is about doing whatever to win........That is too bad.
Like allot of others in this sport. The passion is fading fast...... LS
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Rick G wrote:The heart of this issue is really the fact that despite the banning from Tournaments forever, Mike never really offered an apology to the fishing community. If he would have shown some remorse to the Fishermen/Women of Southern California and to the US Open Anglers who he tried to cheat, it would have gone a long way in my eyes to settling the drama. But to just try and vanish for a few months and to reappear on the water like its no big deal is going to always open the wounds that are out there and shed a bad light on whoever is asking for his knowledge. His skills no matter how good will never be respected ever again untill he comes clean. My .02 Rick G.
longshot wrote:Just goes to show you what people will be willing to do to win a tournament. Mike shoving a weight down a fish throat and people willing to be associated with a cheater to gain knowledge to become a better angler on certain bodies of water?
I understand now why people dont show to tournaments anymore. It really is about doing whatever to win........That is too bad.
Like allot of others in this sport. The passion is fading fast...... LS
These say it all. I get the "TRUE" friendship deal from a select few guy's. But those who just want to get his knowledge for their benefit is crazy to me!!!!
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
Paul Matthews

Post by Paul Matthews »

Hell I chose to move on with out Mike Hart. A black eye to the entire fishing community and not worth the trouble. You guys need to get a life. Go pick on an Arizona Poacher. Hell we may not ask permission to fish a an FLW event but at least we don't cheat. :mrgreen:
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

Gary, careful with what you say. Based on what I know personally, some of your statements below are simply not true. Mike Hart was wrong, he knows it and has apologized to a select group. That cannot be said for everyone in that some who have done wrong to others still think they are justifiably right and have never apologized, privately or publically. I and others you well know are still paying the price for some of them...

I didn't say I wasn't holding him accountable for his actions. Did I say he should be allowed to fish tournaments again? Did I say he shouldn't be prosecuted for what he did? No on both accounts. He got caught cheating and should pay for that crime. Can you prove he cheated any other times as you so imply in your posts? If so, step forward and show incontestable proof and evidence or quit claiming something you cannot prove. I don't see everyone crucifying other prominent Professional Anglers for the "cheating" they straight up admitted to it here on the forum. Yes, intentional violating rules for your personal benefit is CHEATING. Just because you don't agree with the rules doesn't make breaking them OK. How much money they taken from anglers while intentional violating the rules? Where is the ranting on this?

Would I stop being friends with someone who erred in their ways? I wouldn't support how they erred, but most likely would remain their friends unless it was truly that incomprehensible of an offense (i.e. Murder/Rape/violent crime). Then I would have to search my conscience for that answer. Mike Hart's error does not fall into that category for me. I do NOT approve of the actions for which he got caught.

This world is too full of vindictive people and it seems we as a society get our thrills stoning people anymore.
Bottom line for me is... I still respect his fishing ability (he didn't need to cheat) as I have spent many a day competing right next to each other on the lake and taking each others money. I know for a fact, the man can plain flat out catch them without cheating.

Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
doug77

Post by doug77 »

PRETTY PATHETIC when people need to bring up words like libel and lawsuit when your talking about a caught thief who didnt even do prison time.Only in Southern California
Topwater Terry

Post by Topwater Terry »

These things could never happen in Nor Cal?
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

I would never even talk to MIke Hart let alone be seen with him. He is the biggest loser/cheater our sport has ever seen. Who the F cares how good of a fisherman he is. Why are people still saying how good he is. He is a lying cheater. I wouldn't believe anything that came out of his mouth.
CN

Post by CN »

Does it really matter if he cheated before if he was caught red handed like he was? The man is a POS for doing what he did. I find it odd that someone would post just because they saw him or better yet heard he was fishing! Are you kidding me the man can still fish all he wants just not in your Tournaments right?

Mike Nance
davet.

Post by davet. »

Hey! Let's kick this dead horse into turbo.....I heard he was making up the lost income selling Mona Vie!!!
(Sorry, I'm sick in that way).
www.powerskoop.com
BassFever7oh2

Post by BassFever7oh2 »

Some people are dumb.

First, all the people who say he "stole" money from you....you were never really that good to place in the money anyways...SO GET OVER IT. Even if Mike never fished, there is still others that are better than you and you wouldn't of placed anyways.

Second, everyone who says he didn't get punished enough...blame WON. They could of let him weigh in, get the check in his hand and then have him arrested...since they DQ'd him and there was no monies won....OH WELL! Makes you think if you could really trust the people running the tournaments...kind of an inside job if you ask me.

Third, People who say he was cheating forever...http://www.wonbass.com/archives/2009/te ... dings.html
You are telling me he stuffed 62 pounds, let me say it again 62 POUNDS! of weights in fish and no one noticed and with only 1(one) dead fish for the whole year???? I think not.

Yes he made A mistake. A dirty DEED or whatever you want to call it...Getting banned for life after fishing for like 20+ years is a pretty strong punishment and is most likely killing him everyday.

He is one of the best fishermen I have seen in a long time...and like someone else said before, if I were fishing in so cal, I would PAY him for a guide trip and hope I learn a 1/4 of what he knows.

Post by 619 »

My Higher power works in mysterious ways......That's all I need to say.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Hes a proven cheater, I for one would never want to fish with him! All this "he is a good fisherman" crap went out the window when he got caught!
100% LL
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

The issue is not that he actually took money from all the hackers like me. The issue is he is caught and proven to be a liar and cheat and it will make all the donators who really keep the game alive doubt that they have a level playing field. I do agree that WON blew it by not taking it all the way to cashing the check and prosecuting. It might have scared off other cheaters. Maybe it is the economy but it seems like there have been at least 6-8 cheaters busted across the country in the last year. Doesn't really make me want to donate any more cash.
sTony

Post by sTony »

I remember, when it came down, a lot of folks sure sounded like they approved of how WON Bass handled the matter. Why all this piling on of WON Bass after the fact is really pretty much exactly that, piling on! And it's uncalled for as well.

In hindsight, everyone makes perfect decisions. WON Bass did a heckuva job on that deal, in the middle of their cornerstone event, and no one can say that any other organization would have handled it any better.

I can understand that many have differing opinions about how to react any time Mike Hart's name comes up. But to use it as opportunity to pounce on WON Bass, I believe, is extremely bogus. They blew the guy out, exposed him to the world and it's done, he's done. What more can anyone ask?

If you guys wanna keep on the Mike Hart witch hunt, that's one thing, but if the thread breaks down to a beat down on ANY tournament organization, the thread will be pulled.

sTony
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

I apologize for that. I think WON does an outstanding job and was just thinking in a perfect world it could have been a more severe punishment but in the end you are right and the guy won't be tourney fishing again.