Motorguide????????

Lugnut

Motorguide????????

Post by Lugnut »

The switch on my Motorguide keeps sticking (continues to run after I take my foot off) Do I need a new switch? Are they hard to replace?
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
JLS (Jay Liu's Service)

Re: Motorguide????????

Post by JLS (Jay Liu's Service) »

Lugnut, the micro switch is not hard to change. But you may have another problem. If you MotorGuide has the electronic speed control (speed dial turns smoothly), it can be the relay in the board that is sticking. If it is a 5 speed then I would say it is the micro switch. Any other question, you can call me. Phone # 530 246-8051
JLS (Jay Liu’s Service Trolling motor repair).
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Welcome back Jay, good ta hear from ya again!

Hey Lugnut, check the lil rubber boot that's under the plastic lip covering the metal button of the switch too! I had one wear the top partially off, it got wedged to where that plastic cover tab would not spring back up due to that excess piece got stuck between the tab collar and the hole in the peddle that the switch pops up from. I quick fixed it by cutting that top piece all the way off so it wouldn't stick in there, then got a replacement rubber boot for it. This is for the newer 109 digitals.
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

Thanks Guys, I will check it out.
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
JLS (Jay Liu's Service)

Post by JLS (Jay Liu's Service) »

Hi Cooch, I’m still around but I moved to Redding and still doing the trolling motor repairs. I found out that Shasta is better place to fish when you get older (age) because you do not have to work as hard running the trolling motor, :D :D also they are more senior friendly up here. A launch pass is only $37.50 for the year at Shasta :lol: :lol: and I still fish 2 to 3 times a week. Retirement is great, the only thing that's bad, is when you get older, you sure move a lots slower. I'm planning to call you because I saw a post that you been at Bullards Bar, and I never been there.

Jay
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

Lugnut if it turns out to be the rubber boot over the switch, they carry them at C&C.