Fun Fish in NO. CAL???

LV Ba$$

Fun Fish in NO. CAL???

Post by LV Ba$$ »

I'm stationed at Beale AFB here in No. Cal and my biggest problem thus far is which body of water to fish! A good problem...

However, where would you go if you had to pick one body of water that would be a flat out fun place to fish within an hour or so from the base?

I was thinking Oroville, then Bullards, then Folsom but the list kept going on and on!

Any locals can PM me if you don't want the cat out of the bag.

Much appreciated!

David Zachgo
LV Ba$$

Re: Fun Fish in NO. CAL???

Post by LV Ba$$ »

THIS WEEKEND...forgot to stipulate...

THANKS!
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Orroville is great for numbers and I have heard Bullards for Size - but I have only seen this in pictures.

If I had just one weekend and did not want to learn a lake - jump on Orroville - Brown/Green Pumpkin Jig, Greenpumpkin tube, DropShot in a shad color or new ayu. Jerk bait - Staycee in Chart Shad or Ghost Minnow - fish the rock transitions and softball size rocks - watch for the fish marks on your graph.
LV Ba$$

Post by LV Ba$$ »

Thanks Ash, I was leaning towards Oroville on Sunday with the WRL being held Saturday. I'll be bringing a fellow Airman who just wants to get bit on artificials. We did the CL minnow bite this winter which was fun, just looking to get bit with a little more effort put forth.

Where should we launch? I'll be in a 16ft Tracker with a 50hp. Should we run far or just kinda drop the TM and start fishing?

Thanks again!
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

If you launch at the spillway ramp, you could literally drop your trolling motor and start fishing, the same is true at Bidwell and maybe even Limesaddle..The shoreline directly across from the spillway ramp and around the corner from there can be very productive..Use your electronics and find the bait and work the heck out of the area..Ash gave some great tips on which baits to use, I kinda figure he will be using them on Saturday at the WRL..Once you find fish, just look for similar areas and depths and you should do fine..You may not get all that many big ones, but you should be able to catch a bunch..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
LV Ba$$

Post by LV Ba$$ »

Thanks! Coming from Mead I'll take a bunch any day in early Feb!
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

LV Ba$$ wrote:Thanks! Coming from Mead I'll take a bunch any day in early Feb!
Oroville, no question! Besides, KB would ban me from the radio show if I pointed ya to Folsom, and we all know how the Bullards crew reacts when we talk about that place here! HAR! HAR! HAR!
Pat

Post by Pat »

If you are at Beale, I know you have tried Camp Far West. 5 minutes outside the gate. Bite should be good there after the stable weather

Pat