What is up with Skeet!!!!!!

kb

What is up with Skeet!!!!!!

Post by kb »

What's up with Skeet??? That seems to be the question that bass fishermen across the country are asking so we at Ultimate Bass decided that there is nobody better to answer that question than the man himself. We put the 2009 Bassmasters Classic Champ on the couch and try to diagnose what is going on with his 2011 Elite Season. Skeet opens up and tells us the tournaments he was just a little ways away from them, the ones he missed all together and the one a ten pounder took a bite out of his swimbait tail!!!

The FLW Everstart Series is coming to the California Delta May 5-7 and we will be joined by FLW to let us know how to get signed up and what everyone has in store for them at the third stop on the Western Tour. Bradley Yang takes his points lead intot this event with Jeff Michaels and Richard Dobyns hot on his heels.

We will cover the Delta, Clear Lake and all the lakes as the bite is kicking off everywhere and we will try to put you on the bite.....join us

If you have missed some of our great activities the past few weeks like Ultimate Bass University make sure you are a friend and "like" the Ultimate Bass Radio Page on Facebook....

Ultimate Bass is the only All Bass Fishing Radio show in the West and can be heard on Sports 1140 KHTK at 5am every Saturday morning.

Archive shows can be heard here on westernbass.com, ultimatebassradio.com and a free podcast on Itunes

kb
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
whazup

Re: What is up with Skeet!!!!!!

Post by whazup »

I was thinking maybe Skeet was just pushing too hard following the injustices of the past two AOL results. Then to have the Elites admit the problem and change the format had to sting. I think he is fishing for all the wrong reasons. Hope he gets back on track, he is my fav.
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Everybody has a bad season once in a while but Skeet will turn it around.
biteme

Post by biteme »

Yeah it get me down when I watch it and hes not in the top ten. I hope he gets on em soon!
GKramer

Post by GKramer »

It's been my professional experience that it's better to tiptoe around such slumps, rather than belly up and ask the obvious: "Hey, Skeet, how come you're fishing like a AAA with borrowed tackle?" or "Have you tried the new KVD spinnerbaits?"

They'll never call you back again.... :wink:

gk
http://www.kramergonefishing.com
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Maybe he just decided to change game plans and play the season the same way KVD did it, save it for the last three weeks! That's the way BASS has it set up now right? HAR!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Not any more Cooch. They changed AOY qualifying back to the way it used to be. Skeet is too good to keep struggling like this. The cream always rises to the top. I bet he wins one this year and gets in the Classic regardless of wherever he finishes in the points.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Kevin wrote:Not any more Cooch. They changed AOY qualifying back to the way it used to be. Skeet is too good to keep struggling like this. The cream always rises to the top. I bet he wins one this year and gets in the Classic regardless of wherever he finishes in the points.
Well that's good news, it means my selective method of picking which articles ta read, or not read in my BassMasters and BassTimes is working if I missed that tid bit! HAR! HAR! HAR! Skeet will be fine, we all have peaks and valleys.
basshunter4u

Post by basshunter4u »

Skeet has everything it takes to be a champion again and again. Sometimes the old saying goes, " Thats why they call it fishing and not catching " is happening to him. He has the 95 % skill but is lacking that other 5 % luck. That lady luck will come back soon I am sure and I am sure there is nothing to worry about. He will be fine

Don O
never give up, be possitive and patient, and you will be rewarded
basstrophy

Post by basstrophy »

Cooch wrote:Maybe he just decided to change game plans and play the season the same way KVD did it, save it for the last three weeks! That's the way BASS has it set up now right? HAR!
My exact thought!
crawdaddy

Post by crawdaddy »

My guess is he is fishing to win. The points system hasn't been his friend lately and he doesn't need to cash checks to get by. I bet he wins one this year. Plus last year he got a nice start in Cali it didn't happen like that this year. He will bring it too much talent to suck all year.
I would rather jog home from my own Vasectomy than spend Saturday at the mall.