Tracy Oasis

BASSTUD

Tracy Oasis

Post by BASSTUD »

Wanting to launch out of Tracy Oasis and fish the area, mainly up river from there. Iv been around Widows and Coney but never Tracy Oasis, is there any hazards a guy should know about around there? Thanks
Thats how big fish are caught son!!
Californiakid4

Re: Tracy Oasis

Post by Californiakid4 »

You better believe its dangerous. If you go up the river you better be extra careful. Sand bars move all the time and the logs, tress etc. Let someone know where you plan on going just in case. I have been fishing back there for over 10 years and its still scary ever time I go. Be safe my 2 cents
george

Post by george »

Tracy Oasis is a great launch location! I have launched out of Oasis probably twenty five times or more and have never had any problems.
Once you launch take Grantline Canal left toward Rivers End and go north toward Coney or anywhere else you wish to go.
There are no more hazards then any where else on the delta; just always have an eye out.
You can buy about anything you will ever need to fish the delta right there at the store also.

Have fun,
George
jimmy87

Post by jimmy87 »

George is right. If you head DOWN river its like any where else.

If you go up river back under Tracy blvd bridge it is anything but like any where else.
Sand bars, logs, and lots of shallow water. If you head that way be very carful. better yet go with someone who knows the water there first few times.
just shut up and fish
Zak Elrite

Post by Zak Elrite »

Yes, down south is VERY dangerous! Some sand bars move and look out for that "forked" log just under the surface past a bridge. Better go out with someone who knows the water, or launch from rivers end and go north. In all seriousness, proceed with caution and always be safe down there! Good luck and hope you catch 'em!
[b]Zak Elrite[/b]
Bagel Bar, Mercury Marine, Lowrance, Coyote Bait & Tackle, Ben Green Insurance, G-Funk Baits, Keitech, Spearpoint Hooks, Dobyns Rods, Lews Reels, Bucknbass
b2customrods

Post by b2customrods »

Was just there yesterday. There is allot of junk in that slough going towards Rivers End. When i went to get out of the water and was running by the doc there I saw a huge log something like 8-10 feet long and a good 10 inches in diameter float in to the center of the slough and heading towards Rivers End. The current was crazy fast there and all I could think about is that someone is going tom hit that thing. There was allot of other smaller pieces of wood heading down that slough.
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

i been looking at the map. it looks like if you go right after launching from tracy oasis, just past the bridge, there is a barrier?

And.........
If your take a left on grant line and go torwards and past rivers end, it looks like there is another barrier?

Are they still there or is there a special way to get past them?
BASSTUD

Post by BASSTUD »

I believe they are there certain time of year. I was past Rivers End early this spring and the barrier wasnt there, looked like you could see where they removed it. The other day I drove over the bridge by Tracy Oasis and it looked to me like they were putting one in, ya could see the heavy equipment and it was halfway across the river.
Thats how big fish are caught son!!
jimmy87

Post by jimmy87 »

the barrier on old river near rivers end is up. I was there today.

hope this helps
just shut up and fish
jimmy87

Post by jimmy87 »

b2customrods wrote:Was just there yesterday. The current was crazy fast there .
The pumps are sucking the delta dry to feed the water hungry farmers down south and swimming pools in LA.
just shut up and fish