Cooch, How Do You Know ?

Guy Kelley

Cooch, How Do You Know ?

Post by Guy Kelley »

Some times I read your replies to mystery questions like (Split or Not to Split) and what little hair I got left turns even more gray :lol:

You make my head hurt ! How do you know what you know and when did you know it ? Is it something that you were born with about fishing ? or is it something that you read or did that makes you the online expert. Don't get me wrong Please ! When you do offer your sage words of wisdom, like something about cows on the river bank or something about black birds flying in reverse, I go HUH? why didn't I think of THAT / because it was so obvious ! I become like a kid out side of the candy store with his nose against the glass, I can smell it and almost taste it too, but it is just beyond reach ! got the nickel in my pocket, but afraid to spend it because of to many chooses !

I have tried to pair it down over the years and to simplify both in baits and rods taken on the boat to what I think is manageable and usable that day, but always amazed as to the shear volume of stuff that the boater has in there tackle boxes on board ! Sort of like a Bass Pro Store ! :shock: a dozen or more rods and reels,plus bags and boxes of tackle and 5 grand of electronics that would make any pro worth there salt turn green with envied :mrgreen: and this is just with the weekend average guy. Don't get me started about the real Pros and what they manage to cram in every crack and crevice including the drink holders ! I have had to more than once flip hooks, weights and lures off the seat before I could sit down, and once in a while deal with a stray treble hook that get embedded in my boot :roll:

So how do you do it :?: !! Is it Zen or Buddha that gets you by with that Serene smile on your face :wink: :) :?: :!: Or, do you just know what you know for any given time and situation by just looking at the sky and breathing in fish scent ? :shock: :shock: :) :roll: :lol:

See what I mean Kap and Mac ? He just did it againe, about colors !!!!???? Man O Man, I need to go fishing more !!!!! :shock: :lol:
Yeah ? It's Me Again, SO WHAT!!!!!
YZKEN250

Re: Cooch, How Do You Know ?

Post by YZKEN250 »

He invented fishing. :wink:
ScottyJ

Post by ScottyJ »

Its all about time on the water. I'm sure when he just started he too had dozens of cane poles or whatever was around then and boxes full of crap he never knew what it was even for. Put in the hours and do the research he has done then u too can be a delta zen master.
"Jig fish are big fish"
Marty

Post by Marty »

You know it's time to upgrade when??

You know as much as Cooch!
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

Some people are "born" a fishermen.. others try to "learn" to be a fishermen..

Andy was born a fishermen, you have it in your heart, blood and soul !!
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

It's the beard.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Cooch is so old that he actually used to fish with Jesus. That's how he knows all of this crazy stuff. :lol:
Guy Kelley

Post by Guy Kelley »

Amen ! Brother !!! :lol:
Yeah ? It's Me Again, SO WHAT!!!!!
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Guy Kelley wrote:Amen ! Brother !!! :lol:
I think it's that damn spiney bone still embedded into my left middle finger from a bass that stuck me up at Shasta back in the 70s when I was up there fishin one day with my cousin JohnnyBob. Musta been a DNA match, it never has gotten inffected or bothered me, other than it's just a callous in a strange place.(Don't you DARE go there Poulson! HAR!)

There is a lot more to fishin, than catchin. In as much as time on the water plays a big role, it's what ya chose ta do with the time you spend on the water, "not catchin", that affords ya the oppurtunity ta learn. I just spend a whole lot more of my time out there not catching fish, yet paying a whole lot of attention to everything that goes on around me and the activity in the water, then I tinker with stuff. I'm not that good of an angler, that I can't be out there learning something new every trip out. The key part is to apply what ya learn, be it from on water experiences, what buddies tell ya or what ya read or see on TV. If ya don't repeat the process and give it a chance to work, then yer brain will not properly store it for future reference, much like the way yer's and Marty's function today, the info tends ta be overwhelming or git lost, cause ya didn't excersize and start the process at an early age like I did! HAR!. And there in lies the cool thing about the internet, we got all this info & stuff in black and white, where someone else is storing it for our future reference.

Of course, it doesn't hurt either, when ya got neighbors & friends like Bobby Barrack, who give ya a call at 3:00pm in the afternoon and say, "Dood, ya home, come out to yer dock, I got somethin for ya!" So I go out back, here he is in his boat next to my dock with his rod bent over. He hoists a nice bass up, pulls out his snippers, cuts the line and hands me that bass with one of his new Snag Proof Buzz Frogs burried in the gullet, "I've been meaning ta give this to ya, as ya can see, even yer pets like it! How many of your friends, have not only given ya a lure, but a fish attached to it?" So too, Like Seaters said, for some of us, it's just a "way" of life.
ScottyJ

Post by ScottyJ »

Cooch wrote:
Guy Kelley wrote:Amen ! Brother !!! :lol:
I think it's that damn spiney bone still embedded into my left middle finger from a bass that stuck me up at Shasta back in the 70s when I was up there fishin one day with my cousin JohnnyBob. Musta been a DNA match, it never has gotten inffected or bothered me, other than it's just a callous in a strange place
DOOD I feel pretty lucky now. I got the spiney bone stuck in my right thumb 4 weeks ago at Clear Lake and now its the perma callous. I feel smarter already
"Jig fish are big fish"