It's about time.

Tobe

It's about time.

Post by Tobe »

There's been too much negativity on the forums in recent years IMHO. It will be refreshing to get back to the upbeat and constructive tone that made this site the place to be for up to date bass fishing information. I believe this forum will soon replace the original bass fishing forum, most people want to be a part of something good.

Thanks Western Bass

Mike Tobey
dobynsrods.com
oasiswatersport.com
pepperjigs.com
clearlaketackle.com
laserlures.com
bryanmc

Re: It's about time.

Post by bryanmc »

I agree... Will be a nice change.
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

This is an excellent idea..Not that there will not be negative comments, there will be, but now we can easily see who is who..There were a few of us that never tried to hide who we are and what we think..Of course there are some that even though they use a screen name we know who they are..If you have something important to say, you have no real reason to hide your identity..Well done Tony and Lee..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Burke

Post by Burke »

I agree with all of you about getting this forum back about what we all love to go.....talk about about fishing, especially about bass in this forum and stripers in the other forum.

Can we have the same thing for the reports section? I used to post a lot there, but nowadays I only post now and then because there was always some "hidden" poster who do character attacks or questioned the validity of someone's success. I've met some great guys in the reports section and still share fishing info with them but we do it via email. By using this type of format there, I'm sure it will automatically clean some of the garbage that always seem to pop up in the reports section and increase posting of reports.

Burke
StockOption

Post by StockOption »

+1 on the login requirement for posting AND viewing reports.

Can anyone tell me why this new signature forum allows viewing even by non-registered members? Part of me thinks that even to view the posts here you should need to register???
Kurt
Gator

Post by Gator »

Rich Reeser wrote:+1 with what Burke said, if you could do this on the reports section also that would be great.

Rich - we are working on incorporating the reports into their own forum. Due to the layout of sponsors and such it is a little more work than simple forums. I basically need to build a forum for each body of water we have along with a separate sponsor area for each one. Tons of hours involved and there is no easy conversion.
Bassanova

Post by Bassanova »

I’m in the Signature Edition - how cool is that – just need to find more time to post!
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

With just a touch of luck, you will make the time..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
g-man

Post by g-man »

I think it will be pretty much the same as the other forum. Sure you won't get the blind attacks by people that make multiple accounts like on the other forum. I use a nick name on the other forum as many others do, but never had a problem sayin my real name if someone wanted to know. I think you will see a bunch of people that are more then willing to post their real names, and still post the same! IMHO

How are we gonna know whos who? ;)

gman
100% LL
sTony

Post by sTony »

jason garcia wrote:I think it will be pretty much the same as the other forum. Sure you won't get the blind attacks by people that make multiple accounts like on the other forum. I use a nick name on the other forum as many others do, but never had a problem sayin my real name if someone wanted to know. I think you will see a bunch of people that are more then willing to post their real names, and still post the same! IMHO

How are we gonna know whos who? ;)

gman
Jason, posting 'the same' as you put it won't be allowed in this forum. You and everyone else registering in agreed to that already. The difference is this isn't a public posting forum. Violate the policies in this forum and you're gone. You can't go grab a new email addy and jump back in.

It will be different, the folks signing up for it want it to be different. All they want is for everyone to respect each other, the sport, the industry and so on.

One of the biggest differences is this won't be the place to come in and blindside people, tournaments orgs, companies and so forth. Debate is fine. Agreeing to disagree is fine. But throwing stuff on the walls to see what sticks won't be tolerated.

It's a new era because folks demanded it from us. I'm hoping that era of banning people will end because folks will 'get it' and really, sincerely just work to get along, have fun and make new friends and relationships, wrapped around this sport we all love so much.

sTony
g-man

Post by g-man »

I forgot to read the rules! :shock:

With a well policed forum I guess it won't be the same ;) GL with your new forum!
100% LL
sTony

Post by sTony »

jason garcia wrote:I forgot to read the rules! :shock:

With a well policed forum I guess it won't be the same ;) GL with your new forum!

You're not alone, Jason. I've got folks registering in with nick names and such already. There's a learning curve and you're ahead of it, :lol:

Tony
sTony

Post by sTony »

Kurt Chase wrote:Can anyone tell me why this new signature forum allows viewing even by non-registered members? Part of me thinks that even to view the posts here you should need to register???

It wasn't ever our intent to make this a private forum. All of our forums are viewed much more heavily then they are written to by users. Also, readers or lurkers often become our new contributors of posts. I'm not sure cutting off public viewership accomplishes anything.

But I will gladly listen to any arguments as I have had my mind changed in the past.

Tony

PS - Last time we offered a private forum, it turned into the lounge. Not sure I want a repeat.
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Tony Stoltz wrote:
readers or lurkers often become our new contributors of posts. I'm not sure cutting off public viewership accomplishes anything.
IMO, this forum should be open to readers and lurkers,I'd like to see it replace the original forum. Leave it open to readers, it will give them the opportunity to test the waters and feel comfortable to contribute without the fear getting trashed by the undesirables this forum was created to purge. When posters crossed the line on the other forum they had the moderators to deal with, on the Signature Forum they will have to deal with all of us.
If we collectively lead by example, this forum will become the place to be.

Great job Tony and Gator.

Mike Tobey
dobynsrods.com
oasiswatersport.com
pepperjigs.com
clearlaketackle.com
laserlures.com
bassdaddy

Post by bassdaddy »

I'm very anxious to see how this goes. I think it's a great idea, but it I thought it would be flooded by now. I'm hoping that it takes off like I thought it would.
OneTimeOnly

Post by OneTimeOnly »

Love the idea. This will be the place to be soon enough. It takes a little bit to get approved - but, I think it will be worth the wait!
Schneider Fishing

Post by Schneider Fishing »

This is how it should have been from day 1.
Thanks guys.
Robert Schneider
My wife is my real sponsor

www.PhenixBaits.com
Don Osborne

Post by Don Osborne »

What I really like about this concept is that no body can hide behind a phantom name and rip other guys or the company products that sponsors show. Good Job S Tony. Call me will ya

Don O
Sean Wayman

Post by Sean Wayman »

Very nice to see this take shape. Now I look forward to some great discussions about fishing. Maybe that Gary Dobyns guy will even get back to tearin it up on the tournament scene.
DAN360V

Post by DAN360V »

It's nice in here! Has a good new feeling!
IMO, it was a shame that new comers and vets wouldnt post on the old board in worries of having thier name drug through the mud for no good reason. Seems like we all know,or know of eachother and we all talk about one another. Its so hard to build a good name and reputation in this sport and it takes so little to loose it, let alone some idiot you have never met spreading rumors.
But now we should have some good topics, good qusetions and good answers! Great job to everyone involved with the new board!
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

This guy is just a creature of habits! We got our eye's on you il buddy! HAR! HAR! HAR!
g-man

Post by g-man »

Andy Cuccia wrote:

This guy is just a creature of habits! We got our eye's on you il buddy! HAR! HAR! HAR!
Its all good Brother! :D
100% LL