Anthony "Tom" Leogrande.....How in the ****

ScottyJ

Re: Anthony "Tom" Leogrande.....How in the ****

Post by ScottyJ »

Haha I hope Tom is short for his middle name Thomas otherwise we have a new Tony.... LeTony

Hey Gary kinda convenient you forgot to comment on the last thing Tom mentioned about favorite on water food. Isn't it Dunkin'?
"Jig fish are big fish"
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Gary Dobyns wrote: Younger and better looking..............hell i won't go there :D Tobey you want in this :D
Notice he mentioned nothing about memory! :o
dobynsrods.com
oasiswatersport.com
pepperjigs.com
clearlaketackle.com
laserlures.com
sTony

Post by sTony »

Gary Dobyns wrote:no wonder you have had "Tony" issues in your life :D :D :D :D
Now that's funny stuff, right there. :lol:

sTony
OneTimeOnly

Post by OneTimeOnly »

Yep - It's Anthony Thomas Leogrande and I go by Tom. It's been a pain the arse trying to explain that for 40 years. Makes it easy on Telesales guys those - they ask for Anthony and I give them hell! You see my dad is Tony and my mom didn't want to yell Tony and have us both cringe - so I went by Tom which is actually from my grandfather's name (the one who taught me to love fishing).

Man, I feel like I am laying on a couch somewhere paying a couple hundred bucks an hour.

As for the Tony issues - What Tony Issues? I can't remember any - those are behind us.

Tobey knows I probably actually have forgotten them as my memory seems pretty crappy these days. Need to get myself some Ginko Biloba, I've been meaning to get it everyday but I keep forgetting. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is handy that you forgot my new addition to that thread - favorite on the water food. I am guessing yours would be dunkin donuts' since Ranger ice chests won't keep the Ice Cream hard enough to eat.

P.S. That tip you gave at the Bass Jam was great. For those of you who missed it - Gary explained how the butt end portion of his flippin stick is the perfect size to slip a couple donuts on. This way you don't have to go back to the console for the next donut, just slide one off and your in business! The only down side is it kinda messes up that high end cork he uses on his rods.

Now go kill a big'ole Nevada Elk and leave me alone before I break out the big guns! :lol: :lol:
Marc

Post by Marc »

Ah, quit yer whining, Anthony. Try growing up as Andrew P. Marcantonio Jr., and then go by "Marc". Yea, my parents called me Marc for the same reason you went by your middle name. So then I'm spending the rest of my life trying to explain my name, Marc Marcantonio. I remember distinctly when I was 5 years old going to Lake Tahoe at a campground and I wanted to check out their table tennis paddles and ball. I had to give them my name to sign them out. I told the girl my name, and then spent 10 frustrating minutes trying to correct her. Finally I gave her back the paddles and ball and walked away mad.

Every time I check into a hotel, or anywhere else they ask for my last name, and I tell them Marcantonio. I know the next words I am about to hear are, Welcome Mr. Antonio...uh oh, I don't see you on our reservation list! ARRGHH! Then I explain that Marcantonio is all one word, and is my last name. It gets worse, because then they ask me what my first name is, and I say "Marc". That is when I see them get so confused that even they give up.

It has gotten to the point that I list my name both ways on all my bank accounts, and claim Marc as an "alias" on any form I fill out, including security clearances. I even sign all the payroll checks as Marc Marcantonio. Of course that confuses people like the military medical clinics that know me as Andrew, and call me to change an appointment and I answer the phone as Marc.

Like you said though, it has its benefits too. In boot camp I never had to pull KP duty or any other unpleasant chore. In the morning in formation the Drill Sergeant would be given a list for various chores, and they would quickly call off the names of whose turn it was for duty, and then you would see the Drill Sergeant pause (this is when I know my name is being studied and the guy is trying to figure out how to pronounce it) and all of a sudden you hear him call out "Smith" instead of "Marcantonio". Those guys with easy names never figured out how come they got tagged multiple times and guys like me never did.

And like you said, my whole family always knows when a phone call is from a solicitor before they ever finish their opening line. Geesh, you would think they would just admit they don't know how to pronounce your name and simply ask rather than wildly guessing and sounding even more foolish while they are trying to act real personal so you will listen to their pitch.

With a name like mine I am often described as the most famous person you never heard of...ouch!

ciao,
Me
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com
Gator

Post by Gator »

I understand that completely Tom - my parents named me after my Great Grandfather and Great uncle, so I am the III, but they decided to call me by my middle name. Always had to explain that LOL
OneTimeOnly

Post by OneTimeOnly »

Gator sorry you had feel my pain. I think you need to go the Ocho Cinco route and just change it to "Gator."

Marc - Marcantonio looks easy to pronounce - people mess that up....

something like this right? MarK AN Tone E O

Besides just going by my middle name it gets more comples than that -
Try living with Leogrande With a silent E.

To make matters worse for my name - try giving it for reservations (hotel, airline, etc. etc.) Usually goes like this

Them: Can I have your last name?
Me: Leogrande
Them: Mr. Grand Can you spell that for me?
Me: Its Leogrande - the WHOLE thing is my last name - L E O G R A N D and just to mess you up - lets add a Silent E to the end.
Them: Is that a capital G.
Me: No

When I am in a mood it goes more like this - rarely but, a few times.

Them: Can I have your last name?
Me: Leogrande
Them: Mr. Grand Can you spell that for me?
Me: Its Leogrande - the WHOLE thing is my last name - You asked for my last name right? So I gave you my last name. It's L E O G R A N D and just to mess you up - lets add a Silent E to the end.
Them: Is that a capital G.
Me: Did I say Capital G? No its not

It's kinda like the guy at McDonalds asking if I want "fries" with that. Did I order Fries? I am pretty sure (up until lately) that if I wanted fries I would have remembered to order them! I know I know its his job - I usually don't give them crap - but, I think about it everytime they ask me.

Carl's Jr. is worse - Would you like some cheescake or a pie with that? wouldn't it be great to just once reply "What the Fat Burger and Fatter Fries and the Jumbo sugar filled coke isn't enough to put me in the ER... you want to load me up with some cheesecake and a pie too? Why don't we cut out the middle man and just shoot me when I get to the window!"

maybe this explains why I am grouchy all the time! :lol: :lol: :lol:
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Damn... I need to check this forum more often!!!
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Mike Thomas wrote:Don't get ahead of yourself....... you retired guys need to take it easy... Don't wanna get toooo worked up ya' know..... Might have a stroke or somethin' :D :lol:
You're right, I should probably sleep in more, like you do on tournament mornings :lol:
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Nice to see you were able to wake up and respond. If I remember correctly, you didn't bring coffee and I probably missed my hot bite when I had to come back to get you.
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Don't mess with my squirrel... If you'd been on time you'd know about the moose ;)